Automotive

All new 2022 Subaru WRX

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2022 4:48 pm
109 replies
Feb 6, 2018
122 posts
34 upvotes
Interesting hood scoop. Can't wait to see the actual look.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2496 posts
950 upvotes
Burnaby
Bangle butt and 10th gen civic tail lights in spied pics it looks like
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8215 posts
853 upvotes
Brampton
It’s about time.

Was in need for an update. Especially the interior.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4946 posts
2505 upvotes
Based on what Subaru is doing with their other models, the styling will be as close as possible as the current generation.

Which is a mistake.

It is time to make the new generation wrx different from the current one
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
30602 posts
11470 upvotes
Yeah the front looks like it's gonna be very similar or "familiar", kinda like how the Golf has been "familiar" for a while too. Subtle changes, nothing drastic. The rear talis definitely look like a Civic though, not sure WTF they were thinking there. I'm talking about the "spy" photos obv., not the silhouette.

The 400hp for the STi is believable--I guess they are shooting for RS3 speed.

However I'm sure Subaru tin-can build and paint out of a bottle of Testor's [model paint] will be par for the course :lol: Maybe they will spruce up the interior though :) Using a Tesla as a benchmark/comparator though seems like they won't be too focused on interior quality or anything like that. Kind of fitting though given both makes are typically built like tin cans LOL.

Certainly not a car I'd be interested in these days but hopefully the boy-racers/kids/fanboys will get excited. Then again since STi is supposed to be a family car* :lol: those buyers might be on to buying CUV and SUVs now anyway. Maybe they should make a Crosstrek XT or something w/WRX engine, to fool them into thinking it's an "SUV" while giving them some performance at the same time.

*According to a certain crowd of RFDers, not me lol.
Aug 22, 2011
188 posts
183 upvotes
NORTH YORK
better not see the words CVT
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3648 posts
2415 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote: Maybe they should make a Crosstrek XT or something w/WRX engine, to fool them into thinking it's an "SUV" while giving them some performance at the same time.
They did, Forester XT, ended up getting axed after taking up only 5% of all Forester sales. It's actually quite fun and practical all year long.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
30602 posts
11470 upvotes
jzmtl wrote: They did, Forester XT, ended up getting axed after taking up only 5% of all Forester sales. It's actually quite fun and practical all year long.
Ha yeah I knew about Forester XT, that's why I used the same name for a fictional Crosstrek variant.
Sep 15, 2017
662 posts
695 upvotes
Looks like its ready for giant mud flaps and a slow lumbering cruise up the local main road making fart can noises.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1897 posts
2353 upvotes
Barrie, ON
I hope it comes with a vape from the dealer.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1995 posts
859 upvotes
Calgary
mxthor3 wrote: I hope it comes with a vape from the dealer.
Comes standard in Sun and smoke package.
May 21, 2013
833 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
I'm not sure what block they will be using for the 400HP STI

The thing will blow after 3 months
Oct 19, 2008
271 posts
357 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ksimms3 wrote: I'm not sure what block they will be using for the 400HP STI

The thing will blow after 3 months
By all reports, FA24 based.
Dec 19, 2018
89 posts
64 upvotes
Notsojdmgc4 wrote: It's probably already rusting.
🤣. Probably already needs an engine too. Horrible reliability on the older versions
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3648 posts
2415 upvotes
Montreal
musiclover4 wrote: 🤣. Probably already needs an engine too. Horrible reliability on the older versions
Where do these people come from whenever Subaru is mentioned? They spew their regurgitated 10+ year old garbage and actually knows nothing about what they are talking about.

The FA series engine has been out for 8+ years now and rock solid.
Dec 19, 2018
89 posts
64 upvotes
jzmtl wrote: Where do these people come from whenever Subaru is mentioned? They spew their regurgitated 10+ year old garbage and actually knows nothing about what they are talking about.

The FA series engine has been out for 8+ years now and rock solid.
Dude my family has had 3 turbo charged Subaru’s. They all needed engines! Look at how many you can find for sale with ones that need engines.

They were by far the worst cars we’ve owned! So many other things broke beyond the engine too. I get a headache just thinking about them. It had some positives too, but couldn’t get over how often things broke. You need some serious luck or to be a mechanic to own one
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3648 posts
2415 upvotes
Montreal
musiclover4 wrote: Dude my family has had 3 turbo charged Subaru’s. They all needed engines! Look at how many you can find for sale with ones that need engines.

They were by far the worst cars we’ve owned! So many other things broke beyond the engine too. I get a headache just thinking about them. It had some positives too, but couldn’t get over how often things broke. You need some serious luck or to be a mechanic to own one
Again, antiquated knowledge that doesn't apply to any of the current gen Subarus except maybe Sti.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1693 posts
1695 upvotes
Curious if they'll bring the hatch back. I hope they do. Would be interesting to see how it stacks it with the '22 GTI.