Computers & Electronics

All-in-one B/W laser printer recommendation

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2020 1:35 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 17, 2009
725 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto

All-in-one B/W laser printer recommendation

Need an All-in-one B/W laser printer for home office use, since my canon mf244dw was stopped working.

Need copy, scan and print, fax optional
Need both side printing and copying, scanning is optional
After market toner available.

I quite like the mf244dw, but prefer better copy and scan quality

Any suggestion?
6 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19650 posts
7768 upvotes
Toronto
I would recommend getting a Brother MFP. They sell refurbished units at very good prices. From time to time, Staples and Bestbuy has some pretty good deals. I bought a unit that has duplex capability for $179. The cost of consumables is very reasonable, about $25 for a generic cartridge.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 17, 2009
725 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, but seem like only Brother MFC-L2750DW has duplex copying function and it is around $350.
Won’t consider refurbished product, don’t have any luck with it in the past.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5963 posts
3062 upvotes
Mississauga
Duplex copying is a fairly unique option and OP will be hardpressed to find a new model at a reasonable price.

The other options are common across many models.

We have a Brother colour laser that does duplex printing/copying but it wasn’t cheap.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19650 posts
7768 upvotes
Toronto
tofubb wrote: Thanks, but seem like only Brother MFC-L2750DW has duplex copying function and it is around $350.
Won’t consider refurbished product, don’t have any luck with it in the past.
I have the earlier model MFC-L2740DW. I got it for $179 from Bestbuy, boxing week deal. Price can drop significantly on a sale. Bestbuy ongoing sale price for the MFC-L2750DW is $249 but unfortunately, they are out of stock. Keep an eye out for the next sale.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/br ... w/11662632
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 17, 2009
725 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote: Duplex copying is a fairly unique option and OP will be hardpressed to find a new model at a reasonable price.

The other options are common across many models.

We have a Brother colour laser that does duplex printing/copying but it wasn’t cheap.
I just found duplex coping is common in Canon printer but not Brother printer, don’t know why.
Yes, color laser is more expensive and we don’t print color that often, so won’t consider it at this point.
will888 wrote: I have the earlier model MFC-L2740DW. I got it for $179 from Bestbuy, boxing week deal. Price can drop significantly on a sale. Bestbuy ongoing sale price for the MFC-L2750DW is $249 but unfortunately, they are out of stock. Keep an eye out for the next sale.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/br ... w/11662632
$179 is a really good price. I just ordered a Canon MF264dw @ $169. This is the entrance all-in-one printer. Hope I can find a good deal on Black Friday or Prime day.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
10014 posts
2440 upvotes
Winnipeg
have a brother too its a refurb has run for your years. Excellent

I now know what it means when they say "my brother from another mother".

Top