Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon

ALL TIME LOW Echo Dot With Clock $39.99 +1% cashback on rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 12:05 pm
Dec 23, 2010
946 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
LarryT778370 wrote:
They are two different things. However 59.99 is not a good price. It was 2 for 100 plus a free board game a few weeks ago
Wait.. what board game?
newfbc wrote:
Sorry.. I might have missed it.. but how do I turn on the clock on the front of the Google Home?

Oh wait...

Ron.
well I just got a nest home mini 2nd for $38 at Costco ($39 at Rona) maybe 3 days ago? I was going to get it at Wal-Mart or Home Depot so you might be able to get them for $40 right now.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3754 upvotes
Montreal, QC
wolfkin wrote: well I just got a nest home mini 2nd for $38 at Costco ($39 at Rona) maybe 3 days ago? I was going to get it at Wal-Mart or Home Depot so you might be able to get them for $40 right now.
I think what he meant to say is, the Nest Home Mini doesn't have clock display so you can't really compare it directly to this product.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3754 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I used to have an Alexa ecosystem but switched to Google, as there were a few things I liked better with Google Home. I just got this Echo Dot clock because I own the Ring Alarm Security system and voice control only works with Alexa, so I'll have a nice little clock and be able to arm/disarm my alarm system with voice. Thanks OP!
Dec 4, 2017
403 posts
508 upvotes
Whitby
Phils wrote: I have both Alexa and GH throughout my condo.
The Echo Dot with clock is truly a great device.
Alexa or Google Home?
I'm jumping to this world now... which one you guys recomend to jum my guns?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2780 posts
3781 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
A good deal for someone deep in the Alexa ecosystem, I'm fully google, tried to give Alexa a try with my Lenovo P10 smart tab with Alexa dock, but it didn't work out for me, so I packed up the dock and now use as a standalone tablet. I used to have a GH mini in the kids room but have since moved them to the Lenovo Smart Clock.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2780 posts
3781 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
MrMello wrote: Alexa or Google Home?
I like Google more, I cast a lot to my shield by voice as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3754 upvotes
Montreal, QC
remik wrote: I like Google more, I cast a lot to my shield by voice as well.
I'm afflicted by the annoying known bug where Google Home doesn't recognize Shield TV anymore, so that I can't command it to play some music on the device. I tried everything, re-installed Shield TV in the app, reset my router... nothing can be done. That was one of my favourite interaction with Shield TV.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1365 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
I had both but Alexa does work way better for us.

Four homes in the family all fully done up with multiple Echos including a show 8.... they work great for us!

Did not like the Google nest, it kinda sits there alone now :P
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + Freedom $19 plan for Nationwide calling 6gb data
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X3
[OP]
Jun 14, 2020
55 posts
103 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: I did this also back in the fall. Was not happy with alexa however there was a few things i miss now.
The major thing was my amcrest cameras worked with the show 5 no problem,With google its not compatible.
I am sorry google has let you down

The clock idea is a great one and not sure why google still hasn't. Not that it matters to me i have the hubs throughout the house but its still a good idea.

One thing thats been driving me nut is lately google has not been hearing things properly or just says sorry try again later. (hey google turn on the movie room lights) Im sorry you dont have this set up.Sometimes 3 or 4 times we have to ask. Sometimes it just doesnt hear us even say (Hey Google)
[OP]
Jun 14, 2020
55 posts
103 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Will this work with Spotify Premium?

Lots of bad reviews for Spotify but could be user errors lol.
Works perfectly with spotify! it is my daily alarm clock with it turning on my lights too.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2020
55 posts
103 upvotes
wolfkin wrote: Wait.. what board game?
The nest mini had terrible sound quality and is not as good in smart home capabilities

well I just got a nest home mini 2nd for $38 at Costco ($39 at Rona) maybe 3 days ago? I was going to get it at Wal-Mart or Home Depot so you might be able to get them for $40 right now.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21537 upvotes
enick7 wrote: Works perfectly with spotify! it is my daily alarm clock with it turning on my lights too.
I actually need one near the entrance to turn garage / entrance lights on or off haha. I have to walk closer to the one in the family room to do that haha.
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
I'd rather sell my soul to Google than to Bezos/Amazon. No thx.
Oct 30, 2015
86 posts
115 upvotes
Vancouver
MrMello wrote: Alexa or Google Home?
So many videos about this on YouTube... it all depends on your ecosystem (check compatibility with other devices you have or plan to buy)...

I’m considering switching to GH because of the Chrome Cast protocol... it’s widely supported and will make my life easier to cast audio without asking Alexa.

On the other hand, echo devices have line-out which helps me to connect to my high end system. I’d have to hack GH.

Google has an event coming up Monday I guess... hopefully they release something that makes me pull the trigger and ditch Alexa (she’s great though... just a GF I got tired of Face Savouring Delicious Food)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7839 posts
8537 upvotes
Vancouver
"Alexa, check email" (checks Gmail)
"In the last day, 2 unread emails. First email...(reads subject line).. What would you like to do, read, delete, next?"

"Hey Google, check email"
"I'm sorry, I can't help with email yet."

Alexa: "(Chime sound) From your calendar, (appointment title), starts in 30 minutes." (repeats again in case you didn't catch it)

Google: "" (Google can't announce appointments. Instead it turns on one obscure LED for 10 minutes as your only notification)
[OP]
Jun 14, 2020
55 posts
103 upvotes
MarcoDeals wrote: So many videos about this on YouTube... it all depends on your ecosystem (check compatibility with other devices you have or plan to buy)...

I’m considering switching to GH because of the Chrome Cast protocol... it’s widely supported and will make my life easier to cast audio without asking Alexa.

On the other hand, echo devices have line-out which helps me to connect to my high end system. I’d have to hack GH.

Google has an event coming up Monday I guess... hopefully they release something that makes me pull the trigger and ditch Alexa (she’s great though... just a GF I got tired of Face Savouring Delicious Food)
Alexa has better smart home integration jn and better prices for smart home devices in my opinion