Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon

ALL TIME LOW Echo Dot With Clock $39.99 +1% cashback on rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 12:05 pm
Dec 4, 2017
403 posts
508 upvotes
Whitby
Scote64 wrote: "Alexa, check email" (checks Gmail)
"In the last day, 2 unread emails. First email...(reads subject line).. What would you like to do, read, delete, next?"

"Hey Google, check email"
"I'm sorry, I can't help with email yet."

Alexa: "(Chime sound) From your calendar, (appointment title), starts in 30 minutes." (repeats again in case you didn't catch it)

Google: "" (Google can't announce appointments. Instead it turns on one obscure LED for 10 minutes as your only notification)
Really!?!?!
I was expecting better integration with gmail apps.
Aug 15, 2006
326 posts
89 upvotes
I purchased this - even though I don't really need it anywhere in the house - so thinking of just replacing the one in my bedroom with this as it has a clock and moving the one that I had there (2nd gen no clock) elsewhere - maybe near the house entrance lol
Aug 15, 2006
326 posts
89 upvotes
MrMello wrote: Alexa or Google Home?
I'm jumping to this world now... which one you guys recomend to jum my guns?
I also had the same question when I first started out - but my first purchase in the smart home world was for a free cloud security system (Blink XT2) this then led me down the rabbit hole of the Alexa ecosystem - as everything works very nicely with it . (Echo Show 8, Lutron Caseta light switches, Ring Door Bell, Spotify Premium, Fire TV and even the integration it has with my Gmail Calendar for reminders and also the Amazon Photo Library for the sideshow that I get to see on my Fire TV or Echo Show's when they are idle)

Now Good Morning Alexa has become a part of my routine lol
[OP]
Jun 14, 2020
55 posts
103 upvotes
SoulTracer wrote: I also had the same question when I first started out - but my first purchase in the smart home world was for a free cloud security system (Blink XT2) this then led me down the rabbit hole of the Alexa ecosystem - as everything works very nicely with it . (Echo Show 8, Lutron Caseta light switches, Ring Door Bell, Spotify Premium, Fire TV and even the integration it has with my Gmail Calendar for reminders and also the Amazon Photo Library for the sideshow that I get to see on my Fire TV or Echo Show's when they are idle)

Now Good Morning Alexa has become a part of my routine lol
The amazon ecosystem is far more developed in my opinion.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11258 posts
21594 upvotes
Thanks OP,

Looking through my Amazon history, I bought it for $45 which was the lowest price at that time, so $40 is a good price.
stephroll wrote: This or echo show 5 for $ 59.99 ?
The Echo Show 5 is much better, I have the Echo Dot Clock as well, but to me there is no comparison!

Having a touch screen display is also much more appealing to me anyways, but to each their own.
LarryT778370 wrote: They are two different things. However 59.99 is not a good price. It was 2 for 100 plus a free board game a few weeks ago
I'm pretty sure I bought it for about $35 from BB, and I think that was the lowest price so far.
Jun 15, 2020
59 posts
415 upvotes
when does the next gen come out? are they just clearing old inventories?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11884 posts
9750 upvotes
Toronto
ChrissyN wrote: when does the next gen come out? are they just clearing old inventories?
This one came out last Oct so doubt it's on firesale already. Will probably go on sale again Prime Day, whenever that is.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6480 posts
1608 upvotes
Montreal
James Stonehenge wrote: I don't understand why google hasn't come up with something so simple yet (the clock) . Even the full size google home doesnt have this. Simple feature that most will love.
I actually own the Insignia version. Only available in the US Bestbuy. It's also very good but I still prefer the Echo with Clock although the Insignia shows both the clock and the current outdoor temperature. I don't think you can buy this anymore.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/voice-smar ... Id=5865801
Phils
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2078 posts
851 upvotes
BC
stephroll wrote: This or echo show 5 for $ 59.99 ?
I went from dots to show 5 and find the Show 5 doesn't hear me a lot more often. The dot constantly impressed me how well it picked up my voice commands while sneezing/caughing/burping and talking in the other direction. The Show5 is direct line of site from me and multiple times a day it doesn't hear me properly. A couple of times, I've noticed the Show 5 not update the time, which is frustrating for a friggin clock.

Could just be a bad one-off Show 5, sample size of one. But night and day for me.
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23790 posts
8561 upvotes
That Best Buy USA sites list 268 speaker units. Lots of players other than Google and Amazon...
Nov 22, 2019
845 posts
631 upvotes
How is this as an alarm ? I tend to need an alarm clock with a loud volume.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Bought an Echo a couple years ago. The advertising never said you needed a newer smart phone to make it work. Waste of money.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1794 posts
261 upvotes
GVR
Phils wrote: I actually own the Insignia version. Only available in the US Bestbuy. It's also very good but I still prefer the Echo with Clock although the Insignia shows both the clock and the current outdoor temperature. I don't think you can buy this anymore.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/voice-smar ... Id=5865801
I also have multiple insignia Google speakers. I find that the gen 3 echo dots have better sound. What's your opinion ?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3667 posts
1706 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't think I need one but bought one anyway...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
[OP]
Jun 14, 2020
55 posts
103 upvotes
bobclair wrote: How is this as an alarm ? I tend to need an alarm clock with a loud volume.
it's an alarm because you set a routine or alarm or timer to go off and play music or sounds at the specific set time
[OP]
Jun 14, 2020
55 posts
103 upvotes
adrenalne wrote: Got one with a wifi bulb for $45. Good deal. Thanks
Good to hear the light bulb from lifx is normally 25 dollars and 19 on sale too! so you save a lot