Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon

ALL TIME LOW Echo Dot With Clock $39.99 +1% cashback on rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 12:05 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13238 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Mc6ixRFD wrote: If you dont want the lightbulb you can return just the lightbulb for a refund of $19.55 so you can get the echo dot with clock for only $31.29!
Please don't abuse the return system with stuff like this, could jeopardize the free return system in the future.
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
Pretty sure a thread was already up and running a few days ago?
Telus Unlimited 30 5G - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and 30GB data at 5G speed up to 250Mbps x3 lines at $38 per line and 2 lines with Unltd 150g CAN-US for $38 (yes i have rolling credits!) and 1 home phone lite $20pm.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
Obscure question...can you manually change the time? I know you can re-adjust timezones but was wondering if you can control what it displays manually by a couple minutes.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Jun 1, 2004
440 posts
60 upvotes
Kanata
It looks like the clock version is gone from Amazon.ca ? I ordered one yesterday. along with $5 bulb, the bulb won't ship until August so it separated the invoice.
Clock itself was CDN$ 27.69, damn Rakuten chrome plugin doesn't seem to work for amazon anymore, I forgot to click through manually.
The bulb shows up for like $12, I wonder if I cancel that before it ships if they'll charge me more for the clock (separate order invoice) ? Anyone know ?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Clock version still available at bestbuy.ca for $39.99 or with bulb for $44.99, return the bulb and get the clock dot for under $30.
Jun 1, 2004
440 posts
60 upvotes
Kanata
LarryT778370 wrote: Please do not abuse the free return system. It's sad to see some of the nice perks get abused by RFD in order to save a few bucks :(
you mean the amazon return system right ? presumably if you bought at BB and returned in person its different, though I would think they would somehow not credit it back the same as amazon.
For my order, since the bulb is backordered, then simply cancelling it before it ships would not be any abuse surely. Will need to check their policy though.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13238 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Stevey_Y wrote: you mean the amazon return system right ? presumably if you bought at BB and returned in person its different, though I would think they would somehow not credit it back the same as amazon.
For my order, since the bulb is backordered, then simply cancelling it before it ships would not be any abuse surely. Will need to check their policy though.
Yup I mean on Amazon returning it as defective / bad quality so you get the dot for less. Might be ok from time to time if you really don't like an item but not something you want to abuse or they could change it.
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
Amazon's killer feature is their no hassle return system. Amazon's return process is getting cheaper and cheaper as they build out distribution hubs. It isn't going away, so save yourself the belly-aching and do as thou wilt.
Apr 16, 2015
135 posts
261 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This is exactly what I did; I Ordered the Amazon Echo Dot with clock and the bulb and I received the Echo Dot and cancelled the bulb before they ship it. So I got the Echo Dot with clock for $31.84 taxes in.
Regards,
GA
Jun 1, 2004
440 posts
60 upvotes
Kanata
gandrade1009 wrote: This is exactly what I did; I Ordered the Amazon Echo Dot with clock and the bulb and I received the Echo Dot and cancelled the bulb before they ship it. So I got the Echo Dot with clock for $31.84 taxes in.
ok that's what I wanted to know since it was bundled did they adjust the cost and only credit back $5, etc. I guess I'll try it since bulb is listed at like $18 or something.
update: crap, just checked and the order shipped even though last time I saw it was backordered until August. Maybe others cancelled theirs and so mine got bumped up. Oh well, I guess I'll keep and use it now, kinda stings seeing the bulb order for $19 ....
Last edited by Stevey_Y on Jul 16th, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 16, 2015
135 posts
261 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Stevey_Y wrote: ok that's what I wanted to know since it was bundled did they adjust the cost and only credit back $5, etc. I guess I'll try it since bulb is listed at like $18 or something.
Yes, give it a try. The first time I tried to cancel it didn't work, it was giving me an error message. Tried to contact them through chat but they couldn't cancel the bulb either, so they told me to just return it when once I receive it. So I waited a couple of days and then tried to cancel it and it did work this time. As it is a bundle I had to check both items for cancellation (Echo Dot and bulb) but there was a message saying that I may not be able to cancel all items since some were already delivered, so I proceeded with the cancellation and effectively only the bulb got canceled. Then I checked my credit card and only the Echo Dot was charged ($31.84).
Good luck!
Regards,
GA

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)