Allen Edmonds

Allen Edmonds Flash Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2017 11:40 am
39 replies
Mar 21, 2011
712 posts
888 upvotes
Thanks for sharing. Any comments on buying factory seconds for shoes as being a bad shoe can do long term damage
[OP]
Jan 16, 2017
473 posts
292 upvotes
eahmed wrote: Thanks for sharing. Any comments on buying factory seconds for shoes as being a bad shoe can do long term damage
I thought factory seconds were just having scratches on it. hopefully the one you get isn't too marked up
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2004
1113 posts
59 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote: I thought factory seconds were just having scratches on it. hopefully the one you get isn't too marked up
not just scratches, it could be anything from bad stitching, bad sizing, bad leather quality. However most people say that the shoes they get are pretty good so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you just plan to look at them all day and not wear them.
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
nothing to buy right now!
Nov 25, 2009
199 posts
80 upvotes
How are their sizing compared to say common brands like florsheim, cole haan, etc????

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2004
1113 posts
59 upvotes
eddyz wrote: How are their sizing compared to say common brands like florsheim, cole haan, etc????

Thanks
True to size depending on the shoe last given that you've measured on a real brannock device. For me the STRANDs fit perfectly.
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
Nov 25, 2009
199 posts
80 upvotes
Thanks. It looks like a lot of the flash sale items are either the less popular shoes or with limited sizes :(
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5228 posts
1133 upvotes
Montreal
eddyz wrote: How are their sizing compared to say common brands like florsheim, cole haan, etc????

Thanks
The last varies from one model to another so you have to try them in person.
[OP]
Jan 16, 2017
473 posts
292 upvotes
eddyz wrote: Thanks. It looks like a lot of the flash sale items are either the less popular shoes or with limited sizes :(
FACTORY 2ND - UNIVERSITY WINGTIPS DRESS SHOES

^that was going for so cheap! I picked up a pair. oxfords are a classic
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
6560 posts
4674 upvotes
djmr2 wrote: True to size depending on the shoe last given that you've measured on a real brannock device. For me the STRANDs fit perfectly.
Unfortunately can vary from pair to pair, even on the same last, especially with seconds. Have many firsts and even more seconds, all on the 5 last.
Sep 3, 2009
225 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Very weird, some of the shoes I wanted says unavailable for international sale. Anyone encounter something similar?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1725 posts
457 upvotes
Montreal
me too, it says unavailable to ship in my country
Mar 21, 2011
712 posts
888 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote: I thought factory seconds were just having scratches on it. hopefully the one you get isn't too marked up
Thanks but I am worried about having a more serious fault like a bad fit or improper heels etc. Scuffs and scratches are bound to happen after one starts wearing shoes anyway.
After developing a heel problem I pretty much stick to Tod's and Hogan's (haven't bought Allen Edmonds in eons) and they are pretty much the same price range if one uses other online retailers.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2004
1113 posts
59 upvotes
tietherope wrote: Unfortunately can vary from pair to pair, even on the same last, especially with seconds. Have many firsts and even more seconds, all on the 5 last.
I will agree with you on this one, i have two pairs that don't fit the same either but I mean just in general they're supposed to be TRUE TO SIZE give or take a bit.
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21191 posts
10652 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
would have hopped on a 2nd pair of normandys but looks like they aren't included in the sale.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5505 posts
2525 upvotes
Dont like Allen Edmonds. Very uncomfortable shoes. Upgrade to Alden and you will never look back.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9733 posts
1987 upvotes
Toronto
Some very good prices but who knows what are the defects.
I see they have Delrays which I've always liked.
The prices on boots are quite good as well.
With AE you definitely need to do your homework on sizing for the respective Lasts though as covered in other AE threads on this forum.

https://sizeadvisors.com/blog/2011/11/1 ... ing-guide/
Dec 28, 2011
903 posts
451 upvotes
Victoria
eahmed wrote: Thanks for sharing. Any comments on buying factory seconds for shoes as being a bad shoe can do long term damage
I bought 3 pairs a few years and they have been great. I couldn't find any blemishes.