[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
4626 posts
5498 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU

Allow us to create a new official RFD Savings Account thread

official-rfd-thread-savings-accounts-up ... 19-698055/
@angel_wing0 's thread has been a popular resource on the Personal Finance thread. Unfortunately, Angel_wing0 has not been updating the thread for a while. As a workaround, I had updated the rates periodically and posting it, asking @titaniumtux while he still was Mod to edit the front page. But as his Mod status is gone, the only solution has been to post on Thread Summary causing confusion with new users.

There are many users willing to volunteer their time and effort in having this done. Users have messaged @angel_wing0 for permission or to transfer thread rights to another user, or just update the page with user changed data to just update the thread (I have many times) so that there would be minimal effort on Ops part, but we have received no response.

I ask that the mods allow us to create a new page or Angel_wing0 allow another user to take over the OP on the page including the TFSA one.

Thanks!
Support your local Credit Union!

Sask Pension Plan Upto $6600/yr in Credit Card spending on RRSP contributions
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sask-pen ... ns-2167222
12 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14837 posts
27913 upvotes
Scarborough
I've transferred the thread to you. Thanks for offering to be the new caretaker of the OP.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
4626 posts
5498 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
TomRFD wrote: I've transferred the thread to you. Thanks for offering to be the new caretaker of the OP.
Wow, thanks! Just for my information, should I want to transfer it to another if I don't have time, should I just PM you?

Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14313 posts
12080 upvotes
Going to the Moon
TomRFD wrote: I've transferred the thread to you. Thanks for offering to be the new caretaker of the OP.
Amazing! Can the same be done for the TFSA thread, assuming @xgbsSS is willing to take over?
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14837 posts
27913 upvotes
Scarborough
xgbsSS wrote: Wow, thanks! Just for my information, should I want to transfer it to another if I don't have time, should I just PM you?
Yes, just shoot me a PM and we can discuss it at that time.
titaniumtux wrote: Amazing! Can the same be done for the TFSA thread, assuming @xgbsSS is willing to take over?
I'm open to listening to any request but they're all done on a case-by-case basis.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
4626 posts
5498 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
TomRFD wrote: Yes, just shoot me a PM and we can discuss it at that time.
I'm open to listening to any request but they're all done on a case-by-case basis.
@Shawguy also volunteered to help update the page. Either he or myself may be willing to take over the TFSA thread as well. Hopefully he responds here and we will let you know.

Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2700 posts
2075 upvotes
Winnipeg
xgbsSS wrote: @Shawguy also volunteered to help update the page. Either he or myself may be willing to take over the TFSA thread as well. Hopefully he responds here and we will let you know.
I feel like one person should control both (since they will both be updated at the same time) so if you want the other one that's fine.

However... I would also be willing to take over both if by your suggestion you didn't want to have to do it yourself. I'm reading this site every day and I check rates almost every other day. If I would have know @TomRFD could do that I would have taken over both threads a year ago.

Let me know @xgbsSS

I offered to be a moderator on the personal finance forum in the past too, but guess they were not looking at the time.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
4626 posts
5498 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Shawguy wrote: I feel like one person should control both (since they will both be updated at the same time) so if you want the other one that's fine.

However... I would also be willing to take over both if by your suggestion you didn't want to have to do it yourself. I'm reading this site every day and I check rates almost every other day. If I would have know @TomRFD could do that I would have taken over both threads a year ago.

Let me know @xgbsSS

I offered to be a moderator on the personal finance forum in the past too, but guess they were not looking at the time.
I am also generally on this website everyday too, but I usually don't check interest rates and more on the investing forum. If you are willing to, I think you taking over the role is in the best interests of RFD. That being said, I am more than happy to help you out whether it be checking periodically and sending you a copy and paste of the latest rates.

If you agree with that, @TomRFD could you switch the savings and TFSA threads to Shawguy?

Shawguy, please make sure that we can help you out on this! We as the community should be helping you out on this so that all this work isn't placed squarely on you!

Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14837 posts
27913 upvotes
Scarborough
xgbsSS wrote: If you agree with that, @TomRFD could you switch the savings and TFSA threads to Shawguy?
Send me a PM when you guys figure it out.

I'm ok with a split, or one person doing both. I'm also fine doing a switch off every few months if anyone starts to get tired of updating the threads.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2700 posts
2075 upvotes
Winnipeg
TomRFD wrote: Send me a PM when you guys figure it out.

I'm ok with a split, or one person doing both. I'm also fine doing a switch off every few months if anyone starts to get tired of updating the threads.
I have sent both of you a private message. I will take over both threads at this time.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/official ... 19-698055/

official-rfd-tfsa-thread-savings-accoun ... 18-681290/

Thanks
Shawguy
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*