Expired Hot Deals

4000 mAh Solar USB Power Bank $10.92 w/ Code, 58% Off

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2015 7:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20119 posts
8130 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …

4000 mAh Solar USB Power Bank $10.92 w/ Code, 58% Off

Deal Link:
Price:
10.92
Savings:
58%
This is the response to last nights RFD effect selling out of the 4 port USB car charger. As with the last deal I have no idea how much inventory they have in the Amazon warehouse so it may be gone fast too. I also don't own one of these so I can't really comment on how well they work or anything, only that this seems cheap to me for a power bank with integrated solar panel and a 2A charging output.

Fulfilled by Amazon so shipping is free over $25, and the buying two to get free shipping due to Amazon considering the pre-promo code price towards the $25 minimum may work here as well (sorry I can't tell because I have Prime).

Oh yeah, any of the colours seem to work with the code for me.

Product Link:
http://www.amazon.ca/ALLPOWERS%E2%84%A2 ... 71K870B9YN

Code to enter during checkout:
BLCO2BAN

Okay, go. :)

Image
Image
14 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 14, 2009
15260 posts
6275 upvotes
Interesting deal, thanks OP! I just don't think I would use something like this. It looks like a great deal though.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1114 posts
558 upvotes
Perth
Nice work Binary... I bought one of these too! :)
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20119 posts
8130 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Looks like black is sold out in the Amazon warehouse now already, so if you order black it will be shipped from overseas. The other colours are still in stock fulfilled by Amazon (the ones that say fulfilled by amazon).
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1497 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
please keep in mind the solar panel is for novelty and not actual use.

A cheap solar panel at that size will have enough juice to power an LED not nearly enough to charge a 4000mah battery.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2005
624 posts
481 upvotes
Kitchener
Krispy1 wrote: please keep in mind the solar panel is for novelty and not actual use.

A cheap solar panel at that size will have enough juice to power an LED not nearly enough to charge a 4000mah battery.
It says that it takes 15 hours under FULL sun to charge it. Not sure if they're fibbing just a little bit there, but that is about what I'd expect for no clouds and aiming the device directly at the sun. Funny thing to me is the time when you'd need emergency phone power the most is more likely to be at night or during a storm where the panel is useless.

For $10.92 all-in it is a cool novelty gift though
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20119 posts
8130 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
bendak wrote: It says that it takes 15 hours under FULL sun to charge it. Not sure if they're fibbing just a little bit there, but that is about what I'd expect for no clouds and aiming the device directly at the sun. Funny thing to me is the time when you'd need emergency phone power the most is more likely to be at night or during a storm where the panel is useless.

For $10.92 all-in it is a cool novelty gift though
True, but you don't know how much I would have given for one of those during the last ice storm when I had no power in the house for 4 days.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1497 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: True, but you don't know how much I would have given for one of those during the last ice storm when I had no power in the house for 4 days.
Yea I had no power for 5 days so I know exactly what you mean. After that storm I specifically bought a 10400mah xiaomi power bank to keep on standby now. I periodically use it and re charge it and it easily can hold a charge for couple months.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
Keep in mind that many reviews for Allpowers products are planted. They are notorious for that.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2005
624 posts
481 upvotes
Kitchener
BinaryJay wrote: True, but you don't know how much I would have given for one of those during the last ice storm when I had no power in the house for 4 days.
For sure. I'm kind of expecting at least one big ice storm that knocks out power this winter. I now have a few inexpensive power banks that I've accumulated thanks to RFD for that situation.
Keep in mind that many reviews for Allpowers products are planted. They are notorious for that.
Now that you mention it, kind of fishy that most positive reviews are not verified purchases, yet negative reviews are.

edit: aaaaand the first random 5 star reviewer I clicked on only has a list of allpower products in their review history.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11212 posts
8525 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting, might take forever to charge by solar though so I'd still charge the traditional way.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20041 posts
13279 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hover41 wrote: Keep in mind that many reviews for Allpowers products are planted. They are notorious for that.
Yep... a lot of them are. I just reported 7 of them to Amazon - each of the reviewers only reviewed the same 4 Allpowers items.

Having said that - it's still not a bad price for a 4,000 mAH battery pack (even without a the solar portion working).
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
craftsman wrote: Yep... a lot of them are. I just reported 7 of them to Amazon - each of the reviewers only reviewed the same 4 Allpowers items.

Having said that - it's still not a bad price for a 4,000 mAH battery pack (even without a the solar portion working).
I reported them to Amazon 6 months ago...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20041 posts
13279 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hover41 wrote: I reported them to Amazon 6 months ago...
The ones I reported were recent reviews. I'm guessing that they are adding "reviews" after they are removed.

Top