Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AllTrails

AllTrails Pro mobile app 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2022 4:01 pm
Jul 21, 2011
59 posts
48 upvotes
Kelowna

AllTrails Pro mobile app 50% off

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
AllTrails
This popped up on my iPhone screen today.
It’s $14.99 for the year. It’s a popular app for trails and hiking maps, you can download the maps offline.
20 replies
Apr 8, 2007
566 posts
202 upvotes
Anyone know how to apply this to an existing account?
Nov 12, 2017
573 posts
987 upvotes
Saint John, NB
There are plenty of free alternatives. I use Hiking project. I find it hard to justify paying a company that relies on other people's work of submitting trails.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4268 upvotes
bubba_gump wrote: Anyone know how to apply this to an existing account?
They don’t let you
Jan 23, 2021
70 posts
237 upvotes
I like the app but no way I can justify paying yearly. If it was a one time fee than sure I probably would pay but definitely not a yearly subscription.
Nov 20, 2019
178 posts
323 upvotes
Calgary
I use WorkOutDoors.
Currently Using
  • Tangerine | Simplii | EQ Bank
  • Public Mobile | Rogers / Shaw | Telus
  • Rakuten | GCR | Air Miles | Scene+
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
If you only need offline maps, you can use the free mobile apps Maps.Me [maps.me], or OsmAnd [osmand.net]. Both use the same backend map data that AllTrails uses, namely OpenStreetMap [openstreetmap.org].
Nov 29, 2003
395 posts
171 upvotes
North York
OsmAnd actually requires you to pay extra for unlimited offline downloads (else capped at 3 maps) and stuff like contour lines.

They discount somewhat regularly and it’s not a yearly subscription so I still recommend it. They’re just not entirely free,
Jul 3, 2020
145 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto,ON
I actually just subscribed to this. I had to pay the entire year up front. I have a few back country hikes planned this year so it will come in handy
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
ahoroba wrote: If you only need offline maps, you can use the free mobile apps Maps.Me [maps.me], or OsmAnd [osmand.net]. Both use the same backend map data that AllTrails uses, namely OpenStreetMap [openstreetmap.org].
Locus for Android is good too.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
stizarch wrote: There are plenty of free alternatives. I use Hiking project. I find it hard to justify paying a company that relies on other people's work of submitting trails.
Can Hiking project use offline maps? Debating on getting the AllTrails Pro, but Hiking project looks pretty good.

Too bad none use the what3words for trailhead locations or google map integration for driving instructions.
no sig
Dec 6, 2013
965 posts
486 upvotes
lalaland
is there a way to use Google Play credit to pay?
:cool:
Nov 12, 2017
573 posts
987 upvotes
Saint John, NB
ben35 wrote: Can Hiking project use offline maps? Debating on getting the AllTrails Pro, but Hiking project looks pretty good.

Too bad none use the what3words for trailhead locations or google map integration for driving instructions.
I can project does allow for offline maps for free. You can download trails by state/province. However to be fair to alltails there are a lot more trails on alltrails.

I've been gradually recording all my hikes on to hiking project
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1579 posts
1542 upvotes
Is the subscription shareable with your Apple or Google family group?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Elessar wrote: OsmAnd actually requires you to pay extra for unlimited offline downloads (else capped at 3 maps) and stuff like contour lines.

They discount somewhat regularly and it’s not a yearly subscription so I still recommend it. They’re just not entirely free,
The F-Droid app store offers the latest unrestricted OsmAnd app (equivalent to the OsmAnd+ paid package, minus the Cloud storage) at no charge, with unlimited map downloads): https://f-droid.org/packages/net.osmand.plus/
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ahoroba wrote: The F-Droid app store offers the latest unrestricted OsmAnd app (equivalent to the OsmAnd+ paid package, minus the Cloud storage) at no charge, with unlimited map downloads): https://f-droid.org/packages/net.osmand.plus/
I'd forgotten that I already have this app. The Google Play version is now $29.99 (plus optional features...)

How times have changed...
Google Play
Thank you.
You've made a purchase from Osmand on Google Play.

Order number: GPA.1378-5224-****-*****
Order date: Dec 17, 2015 11:25:38 AM EST
Item Price
OsmAnd+ Maps & Navigation $0.89
Tax: $0.00
Total: $0.89
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 2, 2010
610 posts
394 upvotes
The offline maps are a must have for most of my hikes. Thanks OP!
Mar 12, 2009
508 posts
557 upvotes
Ontario
I have been using the AllTrails Free version for the past few weeks. I am evaluating it for an upcoming trip to Kent County UK in July. Yesterday the app notified me that I could get the PRO version for $14.99 as a Victoria day special. It must be a targeted promo as I can't find any references to this sale on the internet. Perhaps if you download the free version of the app on your phone that offer may show up for you too.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
leocleoc wrote: I have been using the AllTrails Free version for the past few weeks. Yesterday the app notified me that I could get the PRO version for $14.99 as a Victoria day special. It must be a targeted promo as I can't find any references to this sale on the internet. Perhaps if you download the free version of the app on your phone that offer may show up for you too.
I installed AllTrails a while ago and haven't used it. I just got the same offer now when I started it.
I am evaluating it for an upcoming trip to Kent County UK in July.
No need to cross the pond. Just take the 401 west past London and you'll be in Kent county, the city of Chatham, etc ;)

More seriously, I'm not familiar with AllTrails. The app I've always used in the UK is ViewRanger. It was originally a UK app with excellent maps, including Ordnance Survey. The app has now been purchased by the German company Outdooractive. By coincidence I'd also been using that app for hiking in the Alps. I'm using the free version of OA. However it's hard for me to know what restrictions you'll face with it because all of the UK maps I'd purchased using VR have been carried forward to OA. But it's worth a look regardless. As with most such apps, free maps are generally from OpenStreetMap.
Images
  • Screenshot_20220523-144700.jpg
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)