Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Altec Lansing Battery Powered Speaker for IPAD/IPHONE/IPOD/MP3/LAPTOP $15 W/FD @ NCIX

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2012 10:51 pm
13 replies
Dec 19, 2010
722 posts
249 upvotes
I had a buddy buy one of those speakers from the PX at Kandahar Airfield.

If you need something really portable yet produces decent sound, you can't really go wrong at that price. I know he paid a lot more.

He carried that thing everywhere and it was a real moral booster.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3968 posts
4717 upvotes
Victoria
I have the first version of the Orbit and I absolutely love it. It's perfect for camping - loud enough to hear at your campsite while playing cards at night but not powerful enough to be heard at neighbouring sites. I always get plenty of comments from people when I use this; they're surprised such a little speaker can provide such decent sound. 3AAA batteries make it annoying to use rechargeables, so make sure your charger isn't limited to charging in pairs only.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
DirtyDog wrote: I had a buddy buy one of those speakers from the PX at Kandahar Airfield.

If you need something really portable yet produces decent sound, you can't really go wrong at that price. I know he paid a lot more.

He carried that thing everywhere and it was a real moral booster.
cooper83 wrote: I have the first version of the Orbit and I absolutely love it. It's perfect for camping - loud enough to hear at your campsite while playing cards at night but not powerful enough to be heard at neighbouring sites. I always get plenty of comments from people when I use this; they're surprised such a little speaker can provide such decent sound. 3AAA batteries make it annoying to use rechargeables, so make sure your charger isn't limited to charging in pairs only.

Thanks for the first hand feedback, guys.
Aug 29, 2006
197 posts
29 upvotes
should have had built in usb recharchable battery .. then it would have been a deal
Dec 19, 2010
722 posts
249 upvotes
Corleone187 wrote: Canada Computers had something like this 2 weeks ago for $4. It was this
http://canadacomputers.com/product_info ... _id=044234
Can you attest to the sound quality of the $4 memorex? I CAN tell you, first hand, this thing puts out incredible sound for it's size.
kilumnati wrote: should have had built in usb recharchable battery .. then it would have been a deal
Are you serious? At $15, this is a deal, believe me. How friggin hard is it to throw some AAAs in the chrager everynow and then? This thing goes for a decent amount of time on those 3 batteries.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
I've been looking for one of these to go on sale. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
DirtyDog wrote: Can you attest to the sound quality of the $4 memorex? I CAN tell you, first hand, this thing puts out incredible sound for it's size.

I dont know but everywhere I read it got rave reviews on Amazon and best buy at regular price. And it uses the same batteries and same design so its probably something to look at when it goes on sale for $4. Mostly it's $20-30 everywhere else in Canada
http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-Compact-T ... im_sbs_e_4
Jun 29, 2008
478 posts
184 upvotes
I was able to get one from AirMiles when they had it for 350 points...

$14.99 is a steaaaaal... Usually go for $30... and the sound quality is a big boost to my Iphone4/Ipad2.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the feedback guys. Without owning one it's hard to say how this unit compares to other travel speakers.

Surprisingly this is not sold out at NCIX yet.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2945 posts
3014 upvotes
Montréal
Lamest shopping cart ever... Lets u add it to cart but warns you that it is only available at the regular price, good for a pm i guess
Sep 22, 2010
272 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
thesubmitter wrote: Lamest shopping cart ever... Lets u add it to cart but warns you that it is only available at the regular price, good for a pm i guess

sold out at this price

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)