• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 1:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada

Alternative to Square? I need to take $USD credit card payments

Well, with me just finding out Paypal takes at least 3.9% for USD payments, it is no longer an option( what a bunch of scammers = Paypal ). SquareUp only allows payments in CAD, which is quite stupid, but nothing I can do about it. I am wondering if there are other options out there for on-demand payments, without for me to pay any monthly fees. Looking for something under 2.9% and ability to take USD$

*Ability to take payments in $US,CAD and hopefully other currencies
*Under 2.9%
*No monthly payments or terminals to purchase
*Ability to create invoices to send to clients so they pay online( and avoid any terminals)
*No hidden fees( a lot of scam cc processors have an array of scammy hidden fees).
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
16 replies
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
Stripe USD will cost 3.50% plus $0.30. Unless you have some significant volume, none of the aggregators will give you rates below 2.90%
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
gamechanger wrote: Stripe USD will cost 3.50% plus $0.30. Unless you have some significant volume, none of the aggregators will give you rates below 2.90%
I use stripe once in a while to take USD payments to be deposited into my US-domiciled bank account. It's 2.9%+30 cents not 3.5% for anyone even with low volume.

For Elavon US I pay interchange + 7 cents which works out to be about 2.5% average for all the cards (V, M, A & D)
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
eonibm wrote: I use stripe once in a while to take USD payments to be deposited into my US-domiciled bank account. It's 2.9%+30 cents not 3.5% for anyone even with low volume.

For Elavon US I pay interchange + 7 cents which works out to be about 2.5% average for all the cards (V, M, A & D)
If it’s being deposited into a US domiciled bank, it is viewed as a domestic transaction. OP does not have the same situation. Rates I quoted are accurate.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
gamechanger wrote: If it’s being deposited into a US domiciled bank, it is viewed as a domestic transaction. OP does not have the same situation. Rates I quoted are accurate.
Well I am providing the solution that negates your suggestion.
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
eonibm wrote: Well I am providing the solution that negates your suggestion.
I did not suggest anything. Further, you outlined what you do, at no point did you provide a solution.
Jul 4, 2019
49 posts
13 upvotes
dazz wrote: Well, with me just finding out Paypal takes at least 3.9% for USD payments, it is no longer an option( what a bunch of scammers = Paypal ). SquareUp only allows payments in CAD, which is quite stupid, but nothing I can do about it. I am wondering if there are other options out there for on-demand payments, without for me to pay any monthly fees. Looking for something under 2.9% and ability to take USD$

*Ability to take payments in $US,CAD and hopefully other currencies
*Under 2.9%
*No monthly payments or terminals to purchase
*Ability to create invoices to send to clients so they pay online( and avoid any terminals)
*No hidden fees( a lot of scam cc processors have an array of scammy hidden fees).
paypal's fees drop when you have volume. u check out the volume and see if you can pay 2.9% and less.
stripes is good too
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
gamechanger wrote: I did not suggest anything. Further, you outlined what you do, at no point did you provide a solution.
scroll back champ
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
greenpotato wrote: paypal's fees drop when you have volume. u check out the volume and see if you can pay 2.9% and less.
stripes is good too
Well, if you have volume, there are faaaar better solutions than using Paypal. Their whole business model is for those who have low volume.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
eonibm wrote: scroll back champ
No need. Go back to running your big business while commenting on RFD 5x per day...🤥
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
gamechanger wrote: No need. Go back to running your big business while commenting on RFD 5x per day...🤥
I don't tell you what to do so I suggest you chill out and flick that chip off your shoulder. Sheesh!!!
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
eonibm wrote: I don't tell you what to do so I suggest you chill out and flick that chip off your shoulder. Sheesh!!!
Actually, you do tell me what to do...chip is only for you, k champ?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
gamechanger wrote: Actually, you do tell me what to do...chip is only for you, k champ?
I don't recall tell you how many times to post on here or what to do with your time as you did me. Sheesh!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)