• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2021 10:39 am
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
677 posts
298 upvotes

Alternative To Tile Tracker?

HI

I am wondering if there are any more cheaper options than Tile or Apple AirTag.

I find them a bit too pricy but not sure if there are any cheaper alternatives or if they are all around that price.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7563 posts
8144 upvotes
Vancouver
There's Trackr (https://www.thetrackr.com/). Same functionality. They were sold briefly at Dollarama back in 2019 for $4 each. I picked up a couple at that time, and they work. But I found that model (the Pixel) with a replaceable coin battery can be problematic if you don't use it all that often, because the battery will turn out to be dead when you try to find something a year later.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6283 posts
6582 upvotes
GTA
Scote64 wrote: There's Trackr (https://www.thetrackr.com/). Same functionality. They were sold briefly at Dollarama back in 2019 for $4 each. I picked up a couple at that time, and they work. But I found that model (the Pixel) with a replaceable coin battery can be problematic if you don't use it all that often, because the battery will turn out to be dead when you try to find something a year later.
TrackR is pretty much garbage now. At least for me, as I can't log in to my account on my new phone to get it to see the TrackR. I also can't reset my password, or make a new account. I've emailed support but no response yet.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
677 posts
298 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: There's Trackr (https://www.thetrackr.com/). Same functionality. They were sold briefly at Dollarama back in 2019 for $4 each. I picked up a couple at that time, and they work. But I found that model (the Pixel) with a replaceable coin battery can be problematic if you don't use it all that often, because the battery will turn out to be dead when you try to find something a year later.
BernardRyder wrote:
TrackR is pretty much garbage now. At least for me, as I can't log in to my account on my new phone to get it to see the TrackR. I also can't reset my password, or make a new account. I've emailed support but no response yet.
Is the company going under? When I load up the page now

"We regret to inform you that TrackR will no longer be supported on Apple or Android devices after August 15, 2021. We want to thank you for your trust and support throughout the years. We hope TrackR was the perfect resolution for finding your lost items."

I mean if it is not supported on apple and android devices what is it supported on then? It seems like those where the only 2 things to access the app.

Anyways seems like it is crap now.

Is there no other alternative that does not cost like $20-$30 for one?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6283 posts
6582 upvotes
GTA
jimbob12341 wrote: Is the company going under? When I load up the page now

"We regret to inform you that TrackR will no longer be supported on Apple or Android devices after August 15, 2021. We want to thank you for your trust and support throughout the years. We hope TrackR was the perfect resolution for finding your lost items."

I mean if it is not supported on apple and android devices what is it supported on then? It seems like those where the only 2 things to access the app.

Anyways seems like it is crap now.

Is there no other alternative that does not cost like $20-$30 for one?
Oh wow that must have popped up a day before I tried logging in last. Go figure!
Best I could suggest is Amazon, they might have cheap alternatives.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6432 posts
1550 upvotes
Montreal
I found my TrackR was pretty useless. Tile (with the replaceable battery) is way better and there have been some liquidation sales at Walmart and other places where the price was great. The only issue is that only the current day is available without a subscription. You need a subscription to go back in history.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7495 posts
4101 upvotes
Toronto
BUY USED TILE OR AIRTAG OR SAMSUNG SMARTTAG, don't bother with any other crap
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7563 posts
8144 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess Trackr is going out of business? But I can confirm that the Android app is still in the Play store, it still works with the devices, and you can still add a new tag to it.