Expired Hot Deals

Altima

[YMMV] [ON] Altima Home Internet Down 50 Mbps 39.99$ 75Mbps 49.99$ 150Mbps 59.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 8:31 am
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
705 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto

[YMMV] [ON] Altima Home Internet Down 50 Mbps 39.99$ 75Mbps 49.99$ 150Mbps 59.99$

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Altima
Saw an add on Facebook for home internet checked it out prices looks decent the thing is it doesn’t say for 1 month like carrytel or is it for a year. Never even heard of them before too.

https://altimatel.com/shop/internet/

UNLIMITED INTERNET 50 (REG. $60)
max.50 Mbps 39.99$/MONTH
Unlimited usage
Download up to 50 Mbps

UNLIMITED INTERNET 75 (REG. $70)
max. 75 Mbps $49.99$/MONTH Unlimited usage
Download up to 75 Mbps

UNLIMITED INTERNET 150 (REG. $80)
max.150Mbps Internet 50 59.99$/MONTH
Unlimited usage
Download up to 150 Mbps
51 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1005 posts
688 upvotes
Scarborough
Timely for me. My 1 year discount with Virgin just expired, and I'm assuming they're resellers.
misterlamed wrote: ... the thing is it doesn’t say for 1 month like carrytel or is it for a year.
Don't quite understand what you mean, but these are monthly rates with no contract, plus get 1 month free if you pre-pay for the year. If the service is stable, I'd rather pre-pay and get the free month and that way lock in the rate for a year at least.

Am I missing something....
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
705 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
sudesingh wrote: Timely for me. My 1 year discount with Virgin just expired, and I'm assuming they're resellers.

Don't quite understand what you mean, but these are monthly rates with no contract, plus get 1 month free if you pre-pay for the year. If the service is stable, I'd rather pre-pay and get the free month and that way lock in the rate for a year at least.

Am I missing something....
Cause usually the promo price is for like a year or just a month or when it’ll go back to normal price? Cause that’s what usually happens with everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7226 posts
6406 upvotes
misterlamed wrote: Saw an add on Facebook for home internet checked it out prices looks decent the thing is it doesn’t say for 1 month like carrytel or is it for a year. Never even heard of them before too.

https://altimatel.com/shop/internet/

UNLIMITED INTERNET 50 (REG. $60)
max.50 Mbps 39.99$/MONTH
Unlimited usage
Download up to 50 Mbps

UNLIMITED INTERNET 75 (REG. $70)
max. 75 Mbps $49.99$/MONTH Unlimited usage
Download up to 75 Mbps

UNLIMITED INTERNET 150 (REG. $80)
max.150Mbps Internet 50 59.99$/MONTH
Unlimited usage
Download up to 150 Mbps
Prices are higher than carrytel regular price

Carrytel regular price for 75Mbps is $45 and $55 for 150Mbps

But carrytel does have modem/activation fee of $70?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7226 posts
6406 upvotes
misterlamed wrote: Cause usually the promo price is for like a year or just a month or when it’ll go back to normal price? Cause that’s what usually happens with everyone.
Normal price is $45 for 75Mbps or $55 for 150Mbps for carrytel

No provider will have a price guarantee since there's no contract other than carrytel if you pay for the year
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1005 posts
688 upvotes
Scarborough
misterlamed wrote: Cause usually the promo price is for like a year or just a month or when it’ll go back to normal price? Cause that’s what usually happens with everyone.
That's the fine print - No term contracts, no surprise price increases so the price won't go up overnight they give you advance notice Smiling Face With Open Mouth

If you pre-pay you'll lock in for a year but what if you don't like the service after a couple of months. Tough call...
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
705 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
sudesingh wrote: That's the fine print - No term contracts, no surprise price increases so the price won't go up overnight they give you advance notice Smiling Face With Open Mouth

If you pre-pay you'll lock in for a year but what if you don't like the service after a couple of months. Tough call...
I was trying to find their fine print couldn’t see it thanks :)
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1567 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
While I've been with virgin too for the last year I'm looking to jump ship as well.

I'd say the virgin customer service has been pretty decent. I'm currently using 50 mbs package but find the wifi or connection craps out every now and then.

Can anyone comment on these guys? Their 150 bundle is only 8 dollars less than teksavvy.
To get 150 I'm gonna have to switch to cable service which bugs me a bit because I feel they're gonna need to hang a wire across the Street or trees. If that happens can I decline to accept the service? Sorry stupid logistics question. I just don't want to be that guy having ugly wires hanging
Apr 26, 2019
127 posts
49 upvotes
Blessme3k wrote: Is this cable internet or fiber?
Looking at the page, it says "Coaxial cable-fibre internet plans require two devices: a modem and a WiFi router. ", so I'm guessing a hybrid of Cable & Fibre?

Other than the 3 in the OP, they also have Unlimited 300 Down/20 Up for $69.99/month, regular price $90, Depending on how long the Promo prices is in effect for would make or break it for me though, combined with their Unlimited Canada Wide Digital Home Phone for $10 to have 300 Down/20 Up + Canada Wide Home Phone Calling for $79.99/month, would be better than the $108.40+HST=$122.49/month I'm being charged now by Rogers for Ignite 150U & Home Phone with Standard Long Distance.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1005 posts
688 upvotes
Scarborough
LordLetto wrote: Looking at the page, it says "Coaxial cable-fibre internet plans require two devices: a modem and a WiFi router. ", so I'm guessing a hybrid of Cable & Fibre?
The 50m plan looks like it's Fiber. It states - The Hybrid Fibre service requires only a Wifi-router.

All other plans state as you've quoted coaxial....

Edit: The 15m, 25m and 50m all state - The Hybrid Fibre service requires only a Wifi-router.

Edit 2: Just spoke with a rep. The 50m is FTTN, BUT seems like Bell does not allow resellers to offer that. So although I'm with Virgin on 50m, the max Altima can offer is 15m. The others are cable (30M, 75M and 150M and 300M)
Last edited by sudesingh on Jul 6th, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2788 posts
1709 upvotes
Curious to see if this is a branch off other service providers like bell or Rogers
Sep 26, 2019
51 posts
19 upvotes
Just called them. Max you can get is 50mbps for fibre(fttn). I'm signing up. Just wanna see if IP address change is possible. I don't like the static IP that cable offers.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2788 posts
1709 upvotes
Blessme3k wrote: Just called them. Max you can get is 50mbps for fibre(fttn). I'm signing up. Just wanna see if IP address change is possible. I don't like the static IP that cable offers.
So this is fibre like bell? Let us know how your experience is like
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3593 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto
i have been with these guys for a couple of months now and no issues yet. I was with another provider and these guys bought them out so it wasnt by choice but its actually the cheapest provider in my area (Cogecoland).

I am on the 60/10 plan for $50 and my speedtest on the weekend was around 75/12.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2788 posts
1709 upvotes
pumpkinpies wrote: i have been with these guys for a couple of months now and no issues yet. I was with another provider and these guys bought them out so it wasnt by choice but its actually the cheapest provider in my area (Cogecoland).

I am on the 60/10 plan for $50 and my speedtest on the weekend was around 75/12.
Whereabouts are you?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2357 posts
2650 upvotes
Androidmarshmellow wrote: Curious to see if this is a branch off other service providers like bell or Rogers
of course it is. it’s a wholesaler.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1005 posts
688 upvotes
Scarborough
Blessme3k wrote: Just called them. Max you can get is 50mbps for fibre(fttn). I'm signing up. Just wanna see if IP address change is possible. I don't like the static IP that cable offers.
Are you sure? They were offering me max 15mbps when I'm currently on a 50mbps with Virgin. That's 'cause #hell doesn't allow resellers to sell the 50mbps line.... grrrr....

Could be in your area they do.
Sep 26, 2019
51 posts
19 upvotes
Yea I just signed up. So Ill be getting 50mbps cuz it's fibre. Very nice customer support.