Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Altima

[YMMV] [ON] Altima Home Internet Down 50 Mbps 39.99$ 75Mbps 49.99$ 150Mbps 59.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 8:31 am
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1133 posts
732 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
sudesingh wrote: Are you sure? They were offering me max 15mbps when I'm currently on a 50mbps with Virgin. That's 'cause #hell doesn't allow resellers to sell the 50mbps line.... grrrr....

Could be in your area they do.
Vmedia is tpia and can get 50mbps FTTN from Bell Not sure about these guys they also have tv but info is virtually non existent other than a price listed.Can't see what channels they offer or anything
Sep 26, 2016
143 posts
69 upvotes
I have been with them for years on dsl 6, as thats the fastest in our area. Service has been spotty, but not necessarily their fault - old Bell copper lines out here.
Customer service attitude is very bad; never have I been happy with their CS dept. Price isn't bad though.
M.M.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1091 posts
476 upvotes
glad to see another competitor to Cogeco

I'm on Cannet with 2 yr contract for 125/10 for $35...it's pretty good so far but i've had few outages and/poor performance issues in the evening but over all happy...considering what I'm paying.

my price increases to 45 a month after my contract ends next year...

pumpkinpies wrote: i have been with these guys for a couple of months now and no issues yet. I was with another provider and these guys bought them out so it wasnt by choice but its actually the cheapest provider in my area (Cogecoland).

I am on the 60/10 plan for $50 and my speedtest on the weekend was around 75/12.
May 14, 2020
21 posts
8 upvotes
I agree with the comment about their customer service department.

It works well when it works. And I wanted to like it because of the price, but cancelled because of the spotty connection (downtown Toronto). Cancelled after a year.

Not sure about CS for new activation, but CS is hard to get a hold of when you are trying to cancel—Agents trying to keep you from leaving call you multiple times and don’t process your cancellation, also doesn’t send you confirmation emails about the termination... So you are never sure if they processed it lol. You call to confirm, they transfer you to retention. Never again for me.

Good price, and okay when it works. But if you are looking for tech help or cancellation, your patience will be tested.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2005
2133 posts
14 upvotes
Thornhill
misterlamed wrote: Saw an add on Facebook for home internet checked it out prices looks decent the thing is it doesn’t say for 1 month like carrytel or is it for a year. Never even heard of them before too.

https://altimatel.com/shop/internet/

UNLIMITED INTERNET 50 (REG. $60)
max.50 Mbps 39.99$/MONTH
Unlimited usage
Download up to 50 Mbps

UNLIMITED INTERNET 75 (REG. $70)
max. 75 Mbps $49.99$/MONTH Unlimited usage
Download up to 75 Mbps

UNLIMITED INTERNET 150 (REG. $80)
max.150Mbps Internet 50 59.99$/MONTH
Unlimited usage
Download up to 150 Mbps

Is anyone using this IP? Is the price for ONE year like most IP?
May 13, 2018
179 posts
68 upvotes
sudesingh wrote: Timely for me. My 1 year discount with Virgin just expired, and I'm assuming they're resellers.
Don't quite understand what you mean, but these are monthly rates with no contract, plus get 1 month free if you pre-pay for the year. If the service is stable, I'd rather pre-pay and get the free month and that way lock in the rate for a year at least.

Am I missing something....
Blessme3k wrote: Is this cable internet or fiber?
This is a Rogers Reseller, I signed up in June, didn't appear to have a contract. Only paid $9.99 fee for shipping of Modem
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2005
2133 posts
14 upvotes
Thornhill
JoJoC93704 wrote: This is a Rogers Reseller, I signed up in June, didn't appear to have a contract. Only paid $9.99 fee for shipping of Modem

Based on the router:

ZTE H268A Wifi Router Rental (Reg. $5)

This is a DSL Modem.

Your text to link here...
Aug 2, 2010
53 posts
6 upvotes
brampton
I was with Altima last 4 year but problem internet down without notice and take some time long hours. but my prices same internet and home phone 4 years. but you pay yearly base.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2005
2133 posts
14 upvotes
Thornhill
shah343 wrote: I was with Altima last 4 year but problem internet down without notice and take some time long hours. but my prices same internet and home phone 4 years. but you pay yearly base.

You had the services for 4 years and paying the SAME amount right?

How often is the internet down? I believe most of us are working at Home and needs reliable internet at home.

Thanks!!
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
705 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
elite wrote: Is anyone using this IP? Is the price for ONE year like most IP?
Seems like it but there’s no contract unless you pay 1 year in advance then the month to month may increase
[OP]
Dec 15, 2012
705 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
doctor80 wrote: The price is high.
I am paying $54 + tax for 300/20 with Rogers
This is more for people who don’t got those discount deals from the big 3 cause I was with Rogers too 34.99 $ but since the discount is gone it’s like 75.99$ which I don’t wanna pay that much
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38178 posts
24362 upvotes
Center of Universe
doctor80 wrote: The price is high.
I am paying $54 + tax for 300/20 with Rogers
You're getting ripped...
My retention plan that's expiring is $39.99 for Gigabit.
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil
vkizzle wrote: You're getting ripped...
My retention plan that's expiring is $39.99 for Gigabit.
Let me know what plan did they offer you after expiration.
I was paying $32.99 for 300/20, and when expired, they offered $54.
For 300/20 , $54 is the best plan for now.
Plus don't forget, we work from home, and if there is also an issue and we need technician, we talk directly to Rogers and it is faster than through 3rd party.

Overall price is still garbage, but it's the best I could get.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38178 posts
24362 upvotes
Center of Universe
doctor80 wrote: Let me know what plan did they offer you after expiration.
I was paying $32.99 for 300/20, and when expired, they offered $54.
For 300/20 , $54 is the best plan for now.
Plus don't forget, we work from home, and if there is also an issue and we need technician, we talk directly to Rogers and it is faster than through 3rd party.

Overall price is still garbage, but it's the best I could get.
$59.99 was my renewal offer... I'm cancelling, as I don't need gigabit speeds.
Ebox 75/10 has been solid the pass several weeks and competitive at $43/month for 12 months.
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil
vkizzle wrote: $59.99 was my renewal offer... I'm cancelling, as I don't need gigabit speeds.
Ebox 75/10 has been solid the pass several weeks and competitive at $43/month for 12 months.
For us , as we both work remotely + daughter that streams video 24/7, downgrading below 300 mbps would be a non reliable solution.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38178 posts
24362 upvotes
Center of Universe
doctor80 wrote: For us , as we both work remotely + daughter that streams video 24/7, downgrading below 300 mbps would be a non reliable solution.

It doesn't seem fast, but we're fairing well with a family of 4 and also WFH.
Netflix and YouTube has been streaming non-stop on their TVs and iPads, which hasn't affected myself and wife during our Skype meetings.
We don't download or game, which would bog down the speed for sure.