Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Altima

[YMMV] [ON] Altima Home Internet Down 50 Mbps 39.99$ 75Mbps 49.99$ 150Mbps 59.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 8:31 am
Sep 27, 2007
34 posts
3 upvotes
I will be making the switch from Rogers to Altima. A few things that can hopefully help. I was paying $40 something with Rogers for 150GB and after my promotion period they basically doubled the rate to $80. After doing some research and seeing how some people get way better pricing, Rogers obviously offers different rates for different postal codes/areas so that is something to keep in mind.

Altima offers both month to month as well as pre-pay for a year (with this option you pay for 11 months and get 1 month free). When speaking with the rep they mentioned that if you ever decide to cancel mid year, they just pro-rate the amount you have left and refund it to you. There are no cancellation fees whatsoever. I also like that with the current deal, there is no activation fee (they only charge you $9.99 for a shipping/handling fee), the modem AND router rental fees are also waived for as long as you are with them.

Obviously I have no idea what service is like yet so I will re-post again later on!
Jul 19, 2020
2 posts
I do not know there are different prices for different areas. I get the same renewal offer from Rogers in Markham @$79.99+tax. Talked to a few service providers, they all said the competitive pricing would no longer be available from the big companies due to covid. I am also considering to switch to Altima. Referring to the cancellation policy from Altima, does it mean that the $80 installation fee will not be collected if it is canceled after 48 hours & not on full year subscription?

Cancellation After Installation Stage
Cancellation of Internet services within 48 hours after Service activation, the full installation fee may be applied.

Altima Telecom may unilaterally cancel an indeterminate-term contract by providing the Customer a notice in writing at least 30 days before the date of cancellation.

If you are subscribed to one year of prepaid Internet Service or to a premium plan with Altima Telecom, but request to cancel the service within one year, the full installation fee that was waived at registration will be charged and the balance will be refunded to you.
Sep 27, 2007
34 posts
3 upvotes
I specifically asked about this and the rep said that I would not incur any charges. I'm not sure if anyone has any experience with this? I guess if the wording holds true and they do charge you that $80 activation fee, at the end of the day it almost ends up being a wash since you get one month free if you pay for the year.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2004
1595 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
If I already have FTTN (with eBox right now), do they still have to come into my house to install it if I switch over?

Also what would be best approach to switch over from another FTTN provider to minimize disconnect?
Since I need internet for work right now. Not having internet even for a day would be extremely disruptive.
Jul 20, 2011
101 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
I'm in a position where I needed internet from scratch in Stoney Creek. I looked at over a dozen options, and want to share in case someone finds it useful.

I looked at tpias primarily, the bigger brands are brutally priced right now. I used to have either Bell or Rogers student discount around $40 on gigabit internet. Those prices may take a while to come back (thanks Covid, you Fu***ed it up for everyone!)

I narrowed down my search to ebox, gemstelecom, altima, ivctel, carrytel, tekksavy, and ciktel. I didn't get into fttp research bc I've never had a bandwidth issue, I just went for unlimited+ speed rating.

I wanted 100+ mbps. I chose Altima bc I didn't want to buy a modem, or rent a router. Their reviews on google, govoip, etc were higher. Although suspiciously higher, almost 1 star higher than the next highest on 1000+ reviews. I tried to skim the reviews to find normal ppl and not some placed crap.

I'll update when I get set up. I found it frustrating right now ti find internet, and wanted to share in case it could help someone.
Dec 25, 2007
670 posts
104 upvotes
Mississauga
Also had fido promo and now need new internet. Confirmed with Altima and seems to be best price performance from the list with no 1year contract prices and they use bell fibre in my area (Mississauga) as there is not cable options here. Jumped onto highest speed here (50mbps service) for $39.99 with free rental of wifi modem and $9.99 shipping. Let see how this goes!
trulka wrote: I'm in a position where I needed internet from scratch in Stoney Creek. I looked at over a dozen options, and want to share in case someone finds it useful.

I looked at tpias primarily, the bigger brands are brutally priced right now. I used to have either Bell or Rogers student discount around $40 on gigabit internet. Those prices may take a while to come back (thanks Covid, you Fu***ed it up for everyone!)

I narrowed down my search to ebox, gemstelecom, altima, ivctel, carrytel, tekksavy, and ciktel. I didn't get into fttp research bc I've never had a bandwidth issue, I just went for unlimited+ speed rating.

I wanted 100+ mbps. I chose Altima bc I didn't want to buy a modem, or rent a router. Their reviews on google, govoip, etc were higher. Although suspiciously higher, almost 1 star higher than the next highest on 1000+ reviews. I tried to skim the reviews to find normal ppl and not some placed crap.

I'll update when I get set up. I found it frustrating right now ti find internet, and wanted to share in case it could help someone.
Aug 30, 2018
561 posts
274 upvotes
GTA
nightwalker wrote: If I already have FTTN (with eBox right now), do they still have to come into my house to install it if I switch over?

Also what would be best approach to switch over from another FTTN provider to minimize disconnect?
Since I need internet for work right now. Not having internet even for a day would be extremely disruptive.
Asking out of curiosity. What's wrong with ebox? I was planning to switch to ebox.

In case you switched from ebox to Altima, would you recommend which one is better?
Mar 7, 2020
20 posts
11 upvotes
I was able to to call in to Bell and get $65 a month at 1000mbs up 750mbs down. All I did was say that Beanfield was offering 1 gigabit for $50 a month.
Sep 23, 2018
592 posts
520 upvotes
On hold for last 15 mins. They are checking if they have service at my address. Gives me an idea what to expect for CS.[/u]
Last edited by ankysrulz on Aug 19th, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil
AshleyD41774 wrote: I was able to to call in to Bell and get $65 a month at 1000mbs up 750mbs down. All I did was say that Beanfield was offering 1 gigabit for $50 a month.
Condo right?
Where I live, Bell has only VDSL2 connection, that i hate personally
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11090 posts
5988 upvotes
Toronto
anyone would like to chime in on altima and whether you would recommend it or not?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is