Expired Hot Deals

[Altitude Sports] Alti Action: Donate $15, receive $30 credit.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 10:49 am
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1325 posts
726 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
RougeJeff wrote: Using Altidollars to donate and earning new altidollars! What a loophole...
I really wish people didn't do that. It's for a great cause and you earn great credit at the same time. The more people abuse the program the more likely they will end it, and we all lose.

That being said, you no longer able to donate to AltiAction with Alti Dollars, they have disabled the option.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1347 posts
813 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Feb30th wrote: I really wish people didn't do that. It's for a great cause and you earn great credit at the same time. The more people abuse the program the more likely they will end it, and we all lose.

That being said, you no longer able to donate to AltiAction with Alti Dollars, they have disabled the option.
Well, i agree with you!
Dec 24, 2005
273 posts
129 upvotes
SamG852 wrote: I've been doing this for a while, including the days of using anti dollars to donate and get more altidollars. Now sitting around $200. Figure I'll keep going until I'm ready to stock up on gear.
"You can't use your Alti Dollars as a payment method when your cart contains a Alti Action product."
Mar 23, 2017
534 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
TySloth wrote: "You can't use your Alti Dollars as a payment method when your cart contains a Alti Action product."
correct. they changed it some time ago. It used to be an option and you could pair it with cashback for extra return.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5708 posts
1940 upvotes
Mort Réal
Angultra wrote: The give expirable credits every once in a while without any review, good time to use with your Alti Dollars.
They don't allow using temp credits or Alti dollars to participate in Alti Action.
Not sure if that's what you meant, read your post our of context. Just thought I'd shares those details.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1301 posts
1678 upvotes
Ordered yesteday. Status is "fulfilled" but no credit on my account
Nov 14, 2019
25 posts
5 upvotes
Yeah great initiative, donated as well, thanks for reminding
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1067 posts
656 upvotes
Montreal
jetertmac wrote: Now a question to ask, what can you buy for $30 that is useful?
I've found in practice you're going to spend $50, not $30, to get the free shipping. When they had the st. Denis location I'd just ship to store and pick it up.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3542 posts
2863 upvotes
No Bum Deals
jetertmac wrote: Now a question to ask, what can you buy for $30 that is useful?

Also, keep in mind from to time that they do send you credits randomly onto your account. Make sure you check to see if you have any credits already on your account.
I wait and double up two donate events and get one of my kiddos a North Face Hoodie - Usually 30+ bucks.
Last edited by pooper on Sep 18th, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6768 posts
3169 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
duncancj wrote: My experience has been $8 or $10 credit for a review for every purchase (but only on one item, if I've purchased multiple things). As you mention, these credits do expire.
How soon the credit comes in after the purchase? Can I review a few days before I buy to avoid the credit from expiring?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
[OP]
Sep 2, 2014
184 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How soon the credit comes in after the purchase? Can I review a few days before I buy to avoid the credit from expiring?
Typically the review request comes in a few days after receiving the item. This is the text in the email:

You can receive a $10 credit, valid on your next purchase, by reviewing Lifestyle_Light Crew Ombre Stripe - Men's.
Once published, you will receive an email confirming this fact, and the $10 credit will be added directly to your account.
Please note, the credit will expire in 90 days from the date of the confirmation email.

I don't see anywhere in the email that there is a cutoff to when you could submit the review.
Mar 6, 2011
211 posts
44 upvotes
Feb30th wrote: I really wish people didn't do that. It's for a great cause and you earn great credit at the same time. The more people abuse the program the more likely they will end it, and we all lose.

I remember doing it back in the day is well. I did feel kind of bad about it, except that it was literally the default action. Like, if I still had leftover Alti Dollars from the last promo it would automatically apply them. We weren't jumping through hoops to abuse the system - you would actually have to take extra steps to NOT use your existing credit to get new credit.

In any case, I'm glad they removed the loophole but kept the promo going. It's one of the best regularly recurring deals around IMO.
Mar 6, 2011
211 posts
44 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How soon the credit comes in after the purchase? Can I review a few days before I buy to avoid the credit from expiring?
Just be aware that it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for your review to be approved, and you only get the credit once the review is approved. So if you wait until a sale starts to leave your review, you may not get the credit until after the sale is over. Typically the credit expires 90 days after you receive it.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1375 posts
556 upvotes
awesome. In for it again. Good cause and I'll just stack the $30 up with the rest of my expirable credits and spend it all at once whenever the next sale comes along.