Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Altitude Sports

North Face Gotham III winter jacket - 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 7:24 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3747 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
Phokus wrote: Honestly I wore this jacket this morning when it was around 0 degrees and I was pretty cold. Didn't have a thick sweater underneath or anything but if you're looking for something really warm I'd wait until boxing day and get the mcmurdo parka which is a LOT warmer (albeit obviously a different style).
I have both the Gotham and McMurdo, and I find both are equally warm. They're basically the same jacket, with the McMurdo being a parka, and the Gotham being the bomber. Outer shell is the same material and same down fill power on both. If anything, I would think the Gotham would be warmer since the jacket has an elastic bottom to keep the cold air out, whereas the McMurdo lacks this elastic and is completely exposed to the atmosphere at the bottom.
Jan 2, 2012
700 posts
199 upvotes
SASKATOON
I have a McMurdo, but I find it too warm for an everyday winter coat. Once temperatures start sinking below -20 I switch to the parka, but I prefer something a little lighter when it's milder out.
Oct 31, 2010
176 posts
120 upvotes
Calgary
JasonCao wrote: This jacket go on sales every year. I got my $240 last year.
Was it on black friday? or boxing day?
Dec 30, 2008
175 posts
236 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been browsing Rfd for years and I feel that if youre not getting this jacket for $100 you are getting ripped off :P
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1579 posts
1815 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks all, gonna wait for sure then :)
Jul 21, 2009
117 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Phokus wrote: Honestly I wore this jacket this morning when it was around 0 degrees and I was pretty cold. Didn't have a thick sweater underneath or anything but if you're looking for something really warm I'd wait until boxing day and get the mcmurdo parka which is a LOT warmer (albeit obviously a different style).
Those huge 4 square pocket stitchings are so ugly though
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
This was like $240 on sale last year at Atmosphere, plus an additional 10% off from one of their email promo codes. I'd expect it to drop to that or lower soon if you wait.

As for the jacket: it's bulky but insanely warm, and I like the look of it over the likes of Columbia
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
wait till Feb when they start discounting them as winter clearance begins
😃
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I've never been one to purchase an expensive jacket before last year when I purchased one of these for about $240. I've never been happier with a jacket. I routinely wore just a t-shirt underneath it most of last winter.
Last edited by ChicoQuente on Nov 28th, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
hesp wrote: wait till Feb when they start discounting them as winter clearance begins
but then winter is almost over...
Jul 28, 2009
123 posts
127 upvotes
Surrey
i find different style North Face sized differently. +1 - 1 size
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
Great jacket. Copes well with Northern Alberta winters.
Every time I see someone wearing Gotham I am biting my tongue to not ask if he learned about it and purchased it because of rfd.
Apr 7, 2017
556 posts
543 upvotes
Brantford
I got it last week for 180 plus tax @ sportcheck with employee pricing
Looks nice , let’s see how it holds in winter
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
I have the Gotham II and have had it for like 5 seasons. Very warm coat, but it's boxy and heavy and the fur is all weird. Plus the neck doesn't conform well to mine so it gets cold. There are also air leaks once the hood is up and also around the bottom. I think the material on this coat is quite good - lot's of down and a great water repelling shell - but it's very poorly designed. So it's a meh kind of coat, and sells for about what it's worth. Haven't really relied on it much ever since switching over to Arc two seasons ago, which is day and night in terms of design and how it conforms with your body. Hope they improved this third iteration.
For Sale:
Jul 28, 2014
310 posts
292 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Waiting to see black Friday deals for a jacket.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)