• Jul 27th, 2015 10:49 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 12, 2016
65 posts
Toronto

Am I in the wrong parking like this?

So I received a 15$ parking ticket for "fail to park/stop parallel to curb.

I parked at york u village for a few minutes to run to book an academic advising appointment and came back to this ticket. I mainly didn't want any tickets on my record so I was going to fight it.

http://imgur.com/a/h9kQi
86 replies
Jul 13, 2008
24555 posts
15301 upvotes
GTA
Xanthine wrote: So I received a 15$ parking ticket for "fail to park/stop parallel to curb.

I parked at york u village for a few minutes to run to book an academic advising appointment and came back to this ticket. I mainly didn't want any tickets on my record so I was going to fight it.

http://imgur.com/a/h9kQi
Parking tickets don't affect your insurance/driving record. If you're worried about that, just pay it and it goes away.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9997 posts
1339 upvotes
Parking job seems more than fine to me. What the hell is the officer smoking?
[OP]
Mar 12, 2016
65 posts
Toronto
KC108 wrote: Parking tickets don't affect your insurance/driving record. If you're worried about that, just pay it and it goes away.
Really? I was told otherwise. regardless i dont feel like im in the wrong.
mcg wrote: Parking job seems more than fine to me. What the hell is the officer smoking?

I wasn't sure what he meant by me not being parallel to curb. I feel like I'm parallel
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7453 posts
2417 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KC108 wrote: Parking tickets don't affect your insurance/driving record. If you're worried about that, just pay it and it goes away.
I'm pretty sure that's what they want you to do. If they did that to everyone and most of them "just pay it", imagine how much they can make while stuffing their own pockets.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
32088 posts
19312 upvotes
Toronto
parking enforcement officer does not like Corolla ?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1638 posts
516 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
It's fifteen friggin' loonies. Grow up!
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3444 posts
1807 upvotes
GTA
HotYaris wrote: It's fifteen friggin' loonies. Grow up!
But it's fifteen loonies too much. OP did nothing wrong.
I love RFD! :)
Jul 13, 2008
24555 posts
15301 upvotes
GTA
yesstyle wrote: I'm pretty sure that's what they want you to do. If they did that to everyone and most of them "just pay it", imagine how much they can make while stuffing their own pockets.
I can't see the Imgur link because my workplace has blocked it. I gave that advice regardless if OP was wrong or right. I answered his question simply about the ticket being on his record.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7663 posts
4365 upvotes
Debtario
If it's not a municipal ticket, you don't have to pay it. That said, if it's a university parking ticket and you are a student there, they can lord it over you and threaten to seal academic records, withhold grades/graduation add more fees etc.

Your parking looks ok, I'd say fight it but the time/effort may not be worth it for you, which is exactly what they are banking on.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4182 posts
1979 upvotes
BC
Nice picture..
what camera did u use
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
Xanthine wrote: Really? I was told otherwise. regardless i dont feel like im in the wrong.

I wasn't sure what he meant by me not being parallel to curb. I feel like I'm parallel
I would guess to venture it has to do with the car's actual distance from the curb. The vehicle must be parked parallel to the curb no more than 30cm (1 foot-imp.) away from it. Since you posted the image of your shoe (perpendicular to the wheel), I would guess that you already examined that possibility as the cause for the parking ticket. That is the only notion on my behalf for the ticket.

:)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
9969 posts
1900 upvotes
Montreal, QC
As someone said most parking tickets are cash grabs as the amount and consequences typically aren't worth fighting them for. OP I agree your parking looks fine but the effort to fight the ticket might be more than the $15
[OP]
Mar 12, 2016
65 posts
Toronto
I was more worried about it effecting my record. I don't want to have a ticket on it over something if I'm in the right..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
9969 posts
1900 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Xanthine wrote: I was more worried about it effecting my record. I don't want to have a ticket on it over something if I'm in the right..
Only traffic violations affect insurance; parking tickets do not. I've gotten a few parking tickets (one in front of my own house :lol :) and it never affected my insurance or anything.

In some cases, if it's not by a municipal body, some people literally default on parking tickets for months/years because it doesn't affect anything. I have a friend who has like 200$ in parking tickets from the University but doesn't pay. All the University did is pass the debt onto a collection agency that only has their phone number and he changed since :razz:
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
Xanthine wrote: I was more worried about it effecting my record. I don't want to have a ticket on it over something if I'm in the right..
In the words of our great leader.."Fight it!".
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
[QUOTE]Imgur is over capacity!
Sorry! We're busy running around with our hair on fire because Imgur is over capacity! This can happen when the site is under a very heavy load, or while we're doing maintenance.

Please try again in a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

linky no worky