Shopping Discussion

Amazon Add-on Item requirement - not a thing anymore or just a glitch?

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 9:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19560 posts
28483 upvotes
ONTARIO

Amazon Add-on Item requirement - not a thing anymore or just a glitch?

Anyone else notice the "add-on item" requirement on all items that had it previously has been removed?
I am not sure if this is just a glitch or what, but this is great lol.

For example:

https://www.amazon.ca/s?i=grocery&bbn=6 ... =sr_ex_n_1

This is the grocery section sorted by lowest price to highest. Previously every single thing was an add-on item. Now nothing is. It allows you to order without having to bother hitting the $25 add-on item minimum anymore.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2890 posts
1557 upvotes
London
it looked though some of my past orders and ones that show as add on item on the order when u bring the up the item it no longer is an add on
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5747 posts
7331 upvotes
Yes, that has happened since two days ago. However, it is not entirely removed for all products. I believe the reason of add-on removal is due to some warehouse has been forced to shut down. The add-on items have some rules from the system on how are being shipped.
Aug 6, 2014
91 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yes, it seems items that were previously addons are not designated as such, but those with minimum quantity requirements still have the minimum quantity requirement listed
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15323 posts
29057 upvotes
Scarborough
BobSagget wrote: Is anyone else seeing the same thing?
I'm seeing the same thing too. I often order those Lady Sarah gummies and they're always an add-on item. I wonder if this has anything to do with Amazon being so behind on shipping, and/or the add-on items often shipping separate from your main order? I last ordered them on the 13th and they arrived on the 18th (separate from my main order).
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4116 posts
1460 upvotes
Edmonton
So sad to order a $1 item with free shipping, what a waste of manpower, packing materials, fuel etc.... Oh wait, it says I gotta order 2 minimum. How dare they!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5312 posts
5309 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Wouldn't this just spur people to create more orders? I'm kind of confused what the actual goal here is.

Something I bought (not an add-on) May 9th hasn't even shipped yet lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3457 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
I've noticed this but the items I've noticed it are higher in price than when they were an add on item. Only noticed it on a few items so that might be why.
Nov 14, 2012
517 posts
349 upvotes
U4IA wrote: So sad to order a $1 item with free shipping, what a waste of manpower, packing materials, fuel etc.... Oh wait, it says I gotta order 2 minimum. How dare they!!
Do not feel bad for corporations, employees get paid regardless if they are packing $1 item or $200 one. Better yet, order $1 item every day and then return it, pure labor. Amazon can afford it.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1049 posts
680 upvotes
Was going to order some gummies but realized Dollarama is still cheaper lol.