• Jun 6th, 2016 8:34 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 7, 2011
248 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] ASUS PA328Q 32" 4K IPS

3rd Party seller, but I tried to pricematch NCIX.

Never saw this display under 1200$.

Fingers crossed.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2647 posts
582 upvotes
The 3rd Party Seller has an extensive product list on amazon, with what appear to be reasonable prices, and has good feedback (96+%, and more than a year). Looks like a reasonable risk. State that they are Canadian-based, and their phone number shows as from Fredericton.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2011
248 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal
knapper wrote: The 3rd Party Seller has an extensive product list on amazon, with what appear to be reasonable prices, and has good feedback (96+%, and more than a year). Looks like a reasonable risk. State that they are Canadian-based, and their phone number shows as from Fredericton.
Yeah and NCIX refused the price match, their best offer is 1299$...

I'm not sure I want to take the risk with the 3rd party seller though... well I did not really needed that display anyway, but the price was too tempting :)
Dec 10, 2012
12 posts
2 upvotes
St Catharines, ON
Would this be better than the Philips 4k 40inch from bestbuy?
Jan 14, 2004
842 posts
88 upvotes
FYI...

Please read through our Return policy:

1. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with a product you have purchased, we will gladly give you a full refund (except for certain items described below) or exchange if you return it to us within 30 days after you receive it (14 days for computers, monitors, printers, notebook computers, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, cellular and wireless devices, portable DVD players and air conditioners) in its original / up-opened condition (including all packaging, accessories and manuals).

2. Any product which is opened and used and customer like to return for Performance or quality not adequate reasons need a Return Merchandise Authorization(RMA#) and there will be upto 20%-40% restocking fee.

3. Any Product which is opened and used and Customer like to return for Compatible issue with their Household product is not considered by us as Defective and need a Return Merchandise Authorization(RMA#) and there will be upto 15%-40% restocking fee.

4. In the event that a returned order has any packaging, manuals, accessories, blank warranty cards or other items missing, the return may be refused, or we may deduct the value of any of the missing items.

5. Shipping charges are non-refundable; however, we will refund your original shipping cost if you are returning an item because of an error on our part, or we have determined that the product is defective. Due to copyright laws, computer and game console software, music CDs, DVDs and videos in opened packages may only be exchanged for the same item.

Thank you for your Business.

Jerry
Diana Shop ( amazon.ca Merchant)
506-476-7919
Jun 12, 2011
352 posts
258 upvotes
TORONTO
I've been looking for a high-res monitor, really tempted to pull the trigger on this.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1156 posts
1197 upvotes
Toronto
It's nice, but am I the only one that would love a 25" 4K monitor instead to get the most pixel density (ppi) to have the image looking its best?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4054 posts
1393 upvotes
Edmonton
Can't really blame companies for wanting larger restocking fees - If you were spending $1200 on a monitor would you want a 'used' one?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2795 upvotes
Washington, DC
cmfabregas wrote: Would this be better than the Philips 4k 40inch from bestbuy?
Philips for $699, hands down. I own it, love it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
May 22, 2012
934 posts
87 upvotes
MONTR
I have 2 30" Samsung 305t. Is it worth to upgrade? I could sell each of mine for $300-350 which would get me one of these. 4k would be nice to have as an IPS but I need to do more research about 4k lcd monitors.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1090 posts
469 upvotes
Ottawa
Coresu wrote: It's nice, but am I the only one that would love a 25" 4K monitor instead to get the most pixel density (ppi) to have the image looking its best?
I've used several 27" and 28" UHD displays such as the Dell P2715Q. Many things look amazing. But even in Windows 10, there are applications that don't scale properly. You still get tiny text boxes and buttons, or bad scaling, that are an annoyance.

At 25" these would make some applications simply impossible to use, unless you put your face right up against the display.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Sep 21, 2001
389 posts
100 upvotes
West end
where does one get the mythical $699 philips 4k 40"?
A vaincre sans p�ril, on triomphe sans gloire. Corneille.
To win without risk is a triumph without glory. Corneille.
Bernese Mountain Dogs rock!
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3989 upvotes
Toronto
CDN$ 1,578.43

where is this price you are quoting?
Jun 12, 2011
352 posts
258 upvotes
TORONTO
lincoln wrote: Philips for $699, hands down. I own it, love it.
Hi, do you have a link for this?
Jul 5, 2013
285 posts
148 upvotes
NORTH YORK
lincoln wrote: Philips for $699, hands down. I own it, love it.
Own it as well. Amazing. Also own the seiki 39 4k (30hz) great for 1080 120hz gaiming (pixel density is great, 4x native 1080 at 39") but 30hz unplayable. Philips is awesome - do not regret it and 40 inch, thougg it took a short while to get used to, is killer especially in games.

Perfect monitor: 38" 4k curved gsynce ips 120+hz oled cant wait ;)
Jul 5, 2013
285 posts
148 upvotes
NORTH YORK
droided wrote: Hi, do you have a link for this?
Goes on sale ever few months. More often for 799 but have seen it at least twice this year for 699. Got it for 699 in jan or feb my self
Best monitor on the market and a good price.