[Amazon/BestBuy] 3rd Party PDP Nintendo Switch Gamecube Wired Controller $29.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$29.99
Savings:
25%
Expiry:
June 27, 2019
Not sure how this deal will be received. I was looking for a controller for playing Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo Switch. I am told that as you move to a more competitive style of play, that a wired controller is better than wireless (due to lag).

This controller is by a 3rd party, PDP. Some of the advantages over a regular Gamecube controller, are that It has a shorter travel distance for the shoulder buttons, and you can change out the c-stick for a regular size version. I have been looking at buying one of these for awhile and the price has been stuck at all retailers at around $39.99. I saw today that it is on sale at both Best Buy and Amazon for $29.99 ($10 off). There are multiple styles/colours available. Some sample links

Amazon.ca

BestBuy.ca

I know you can get some really cheap gamecube controllers at BestBuy for like $5, but I was looking for a better gaming experience.
4 replies
May 30, 2011
366 posts
565 upvotes
At bestbuy there's some unofficial ones that are cheaper like this one at 5$ +10$ of shipping for me in quebec.

I.E. https://www.bestbuy.ca/fr-ca/produit/co ... a/11644748

I bought 3 of them in the past and they works well for casual use for smash with guests ! For more regular use, go with an official controller !

[Edit]I saw that the PDP one is USB which is WAY better than a gamecube cable that needs a separate gamecube adapter. Go with the PDP one if you don't have the adapter already ![/Edit]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2765 posts
2526 upvotes
Alberta
Younger sibling/friend controllers...
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19619 posts
4759 upvotes
Toronto
It's definitely not a handicap.
Images
  • QbpJ50fgHpmuYOqGGjKF-43oQXqxSAX7wjvGN5TTRJc.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2051 posts
1064 upvotes
GTA
coriolis wrote: It's definitely not a handicap.
LOL that picture describes my childhood perfectly.

Back on topic:

If you are use to the OEM controllers, these 3rd party ones cannot compare. If you plan to play smash competitively, invest in a OEM GC controller and a 3rd party adapter. I bought my GC adapter on Amazon for like $23 shipped.