Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
August 11, 2022
Retailer:
Amazon/BestBuy
Decent deal on a wireless mouse.

Lifted from BestBuy listing:
  • Compact, ergonomic design for comfort during those prolonged gaming sessions
  • 6 programmable buttons with tactile scroll wheel for mapping favoured keys, commands, and actions
  • 6 on-board memory profiles can store your preferences directly on the mouse without using external software
  • 5G advanced optical sensor with 16,000 DPI ensures ultra-fast cursor movement for an improved gaming experience
  • Up to 250 hours of battery life makes it perfect for gaming marathons
  • Dual-mode design includes Bluetooth connection for extended battery life
  • HyperSpeed wireless technology minimises delay and click latency to deliver the speed that gamers expect

Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Razer-Basilisk-Hy ... B07YPBQSCK

BestBuy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ra ... k/14292444
Thread Summary
Upgrading your setup? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best gaming mice!
15 replies
May 10, 2021
76 posts
356 upvotes
Been looking for a new mouse. Currently got an old wired microsoft.
Is this a good deal ? Seems like it often falls to that price point
May 13, 2014
71 posts
51 upvotes
Same deal here as above comment. Is this a decent mouse? I have the Logitech G203 but I really want to ditch the wire.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1775 posts
2280 upvotes
monny1 wrote: Same deal here as above comment. Is this a decent mouse? I have the Logitech G203 but I really want to ditch the wire.

Thanks
G305 feels similar to G203

set alert for $45, it drops to 39.99/44.99 often.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9327 posts
2099 upvotes
ebpodeals wrote: Been looking for a new mouse. Currently got an old wired microsoft.
Is this a good deal ? Seems like it often falls to that price point
I think it's a decent to good deal. I got this mouse last week for this price and so far, it's been great. I've gradually switched everything out of logitech and have converted to a Razer keyboard and mouse.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 10, 2020
14 posts
59 upvotes
FWIW, I've had a Razer basilisk wired for about 4 years now and it has been great. I game way more than is healthy and it's held up nicely. The build quality is great. No issues with the buttons misclicking or extra clicking.
I am not a huge fan of wireless peripherals so I'm going to pass on this one, but the next good price on the wired I'm all in.
Sep 19, 2019
178 posts
285 upvotes
vancouver
I really like this mouse. Got it a few months ago same price. No more logitech for me, they always seem to stop working.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7666 posts
703 upvotes
Vancouver
Good mouse, replaced my Mamba wireless that lasted ALONG time
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Jun 14, 2022
18 posts
4 upvotes
Not really a deal, its been this price for a long time.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1616 posts
395 upvotes
Whitby
I've had mine for about a month now. I was experiencing lots of disconnecting issues using the usb receiver. There's a firmware update out for the mouse, and after installing that, everything is working great so far.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1037 posts
2212 upvotes
Fredericton
Fantastic mouse. I have two of them.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8332 posts
7604 upvotes
The Basilisk X Hyperspeed has mechanical switches, which are likely to eventually double click. A word of warning. The other more recent Basilisks have optical switches to correct these issues.

Personally I don't like this mouse model because the scroll wheel is way too high. It's a shame because otherwise it's an ergonomically perfect mouse.
Aug 16, 2015
377 posts
112 upvotes
Ajax, ON
monny1 wrote: Same deal here as above comment. Is this a decent mouse? I have the Logitech G203 but I really want to ditch the wire.

Thanks
Maybe my experience is very unlucky but I've purchased 6 logitech mice and they all eventually got the double click issue. People say Razer is bad but my super old (6+ years) Razer Naga still works perfectly, I think Razer has better QC just based on my personal experiences. I had to return with the warranty function my wireless gaming mouse twice before I legit gave up and switched to Razer. Reason I mention this is the wireless Logitech mice are super expensive so I'd suggest looking up reviews first!
Dec 13, 2017
182 posts
155 upvotes
sinuking wrote: Maybe my experience is very unlucky but I've purchased 6 logitech mice and they all eventually got the double click issue. People say Razer is bad but my super old (6+ years) Razer Naga still works perfectly, I think Razer has better QC just based on my personal experiences. I had to return with the warranty function my wireless gaming mouse twice before I legit gave up and switched to Razer. Reason I mention this is the wireless Logitech mice are super expensive so I'd suggest looking up reviews first!
That might've convinced me to switch to Razer. Upside is the RMA process with Logitech is fairly easy, but I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Feels like I'm buying a mouse every year.
Aug 16, 2015
377 posts
112 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Flonkeys wrote: That might've convinced me to switch to Razer. Upside is the RMA process with Logitech is fairly easy, but I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Feels like I'm buying a mouse every year.
The RMA process is relatively easy, I can guarantee you will get a replacement so worst case you'll get another mouse haha, I just hated the headache of having to do that everytime.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2142 posts
2302 upvotes
Toronto
I use this with my laptop - bought for the same price a long time ago.

It's a good mouse that takes batteries and isn't chargeable. Connects instantly and has worked on the original batteries since Jan 12 2022 for me.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)