Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] (10 Pack) 1156 Automotive Bulbs - $10.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 9:34 pm
[OP]
Member
Nov 25, 2002
209 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] (10 Pack) 1156 Automotive Bulbs - $10.99

I was looking for bulbs and they usually sell 2 for ~$7 at crappy tire or 4 for $10 if you can find those quad packs. Sometimes as addons on sale at Amazon you might get 2 for $4.

For about $1.1 a bulb, you can't go wrong. Reviews are good and I'll update with my experience as I just put an order in for these.

You may be able to use these in place of 7506 or P21W bulbs but do your own homework on your vehicle.

brghunter found these if you want to try instead for a $2 less.
$8.99 for 10 also sold by amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-54802-1156- ... B009JC8DYA

Oldly enough, the cheaper bulbs I had to pay full taxes on while the $10.99 was sale tax exempt. YMMV depending on your location. So the savings became less than <$1 by switching.
Last edited by hlfire on Jan 21st, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
17 replies
Member
Jul 6, 2010
221 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
$10.99 is a great price for 11,560 automotive bulbs!!
i am upside down
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9354 posts
2284 upvotes
Scarberia
does this fit the 2012 honda civic? i put LEDs in most of my car lights and EFFd up the brake system lol...ie. when i turn on my night lights its always 'on' meaning its bright red and cars bhind me don't know that im braking! need to fix it. tia

(10 Pack) 1157A 1157NA 1157 Amber Automotive Brake Light Turn Signal Side Marker Light Bulb - Voltage Automotive - OEM Replacement

are 44 bucks!

i think i need to replace like 5 different types of bulbs!

looks like i need 7440A, 7440, 7443 and 168 types... not on sale at 10.99 but 14.99 i think
Last edited by mikka2017 on Jan 21st, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Newbie
Mar 28, 2018
38 posts
52 upvotes
hlfire wrote: Yes LEDs are good if your car does not check for burnt out bulbs in most European cars. The problem with LEDs is finding quality ones that do last.
I'm having that problem right now with a headlight, apparently I need to buy a resistor to create a greater current draw to get rid of the check headlight message.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9354 posts
2284 upvotes
Scarberia
cheapboy69 wrote: I'm having that problem right now with a headlight, apparently I need to buy a resistor to create a greater current draw to get rid of the check headlight message.
yup i had to install something like these in my civic...i put in LED DRL bulbs and it triggers the dash light error

https://www.amazon.ca/TUINCYN-Resistors ... ive&sr=1-8
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2338 posts
369 upvotes
Everytime LED headlights come up the overwhelming support is to not switch them unless your headlight is designed for them or you will be blinding other drivers since they don't focus the same.

I replaced all of my interior lights with LEDs though and it is amazing how much brighter they are. Much, much better.
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 15, 2016
5028 posts
1712 upvotes
hlfire wrote: Yes LEDs are good if your car does not check for burnt out bulbs in most European cars. The problem with LEDs is finding quality ones that do last.
Most people advise against led ones for nicer cars unless they come with leds themselves?
[OP]
Member
Nov 25, 2002
209 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka2017 wrote: yup i had to install something like these in my civic...i put in LED DRL bulbs and it triggers the dash light error

https://www.amazon.ca/TUINCYN-Resistors ... ive&sr=1-8
Be careful where you mount these, if too close to plastic could possibly melt it. Look for some aluminum or metal to mount the resistors to help dissipate heat. I avoid LEDs for this reason for vehicles that sense burt out lights hence why I'm using regular bulbs.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9354 posts
2284 upvotes
Scarberia
hlfire wrote:
Be careful where you mount these, if too close to plastic could possibly melt it. Look for some aluminum or metal to mount the resistors to help dissipate heat. I avoid LEDs for this reason for vehicles that sense burt out lights hence why I'm using regular bulbs.
Ya I installed to metal parts.. Those gold things get hotAF
I finally fixed the brake lights being red on all the time... One of the side brake bulb housing pin was bent the wrong way.. So that triggered bright status.. Bent the pins back into housing. Now all LEDs bulbs work like normal ones. So I just wasted ordering 30$ worth of stock normal bulbs! LEDs I got cheap using 3$ eBay codes

Wait I can probably cancel one of the bulbs and still get free shipping right I bought three items

eff, it, just canclled the whole order!
Attempting to Cancel
Your order is being prepared for shipment. We are attempting to cancel it now. We’ll e-mail you as soon as this status changes.
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Newbie
Jun 25, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
Please please please don't use led bulbs in the headlight housing if they are not meant for LEDs. The reflection pattern for halogen is not same as led. You will blind the oncoming driver even on low beams. Don't be that guy...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7207 posts
4588 upvotes
Canada
chunky1687 wrote: Please please please don't use led bulbs in the headlight housing if they are not meant for LEDs. The reflection pattern for halogen is not same as led. You will blind the oncoming driver even on low beams. Don't be that guy...
What about turn signals or brake lights
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer

Top