Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $107.98 no tax Hohem iSteady Pro 3-Axis Gimbal 4000mAh Battery for GoPro /Action Cam

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 9:46 am
[OP]
Jan 23, 2017
230 posts
265 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $107.98 no tax Hohem iSteady Pro 3-Axis Gimbal 4000mAh Battery for GoPro /Action Cam

Update 2:
Amazon does not add tax on this product so the Henry's deal works out to more. $108 vs $113 + shipping if you don't have a Henry's local to you. Don't forget to use Ebates. Thx @frenetic26

Update:
Thanks to @KarinKasia for finding that Henry's sells the iSteady Pro for $100, which matches its historic low price. It shows in stock at their Markham location. If you have a London Drugs store in your location @KarinKasia says that they are occasionly available there for the same price.

Original Post Below:
https://www.amazon.ca/iSteady-Handheld- ... ay&sr=8-20&
At the time of this post there are 10 left at this price, sold by a 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon with Prime shipping. Currently other retailers are selling for $129.99 and according to 3C the historically lowest price has been $100 on April 25th.

This particular budget gimbal has been on the market for less than a year and has received favourable reviews. This is specifically for a GoPro and action cameras with a similar form factor, it will not hold a phone. I like this YouTuber's pleasant but not gushing review of this product as he gives a clear run-down of the features and capabilities, along with some test footage. For GoPro users a notable annoyance is that the camera's USB-C power port will be covered by the gimbal preventing the GoPro from being plugged in and charged by the gimbal during usage.

An alternative gimbal for those interested in a smartphone compatible unit is the $109 Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Stabilizer Gimbal, Amazon.ca link, which according to 3C is at a historic low. This one is about 2 years old and has been replaced by the Zhiyun Smooth 4, which arguably has removed some features from the Smooth Q in favour of others. There are many YouTuber reviews so do your own research before you decide which to buy.

Personally, I was ready to pull the trigger with the Hohem iSteady Pro but at the last moment decided on the Zhiyun Smooth Q for it's smartphone compatibility and option to use a GoPro with a not included adapter ($10-$20) like this one. Ultimately, my primary shooter for capturing kids/family moments will be my phone vs the GoPro, so the Smooth Q made more sense for my use cases, yours may differ.

From the Amazon page:

Package List:
1 * iSteady Pro 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
1 * Mini Tripod
1 * USB Cable
1 * Carrying Case
1 * User Manual (English)

Specifications:
Model: iSteady Pro
Main Material: High performance composite materials
Compatibility: For GoPro Hero 6/5/4/3, for Sony RX0, for SJCAM, for YI cam and other action cameras with similar dimensions & weight
Working Modes & Mode Button Operation: Pan following (Single click); Pan and tilt following (Double click); All locked (Triple click); All following (Quartic click); Calibration (Long press for 6 seconds)
Tilting Angle: 320°
Rolling Angle: 320°
Panning Angle: 640°
Battery Type: 2 * 18650 rechargeable lithium battery(3.7V, 2000mAh, 90g)
Battery Runtime: 12 hours
Charging Time: 3.5 hours
Operation Temperature: -10℃ ~ 45℃
Firmware Upgrade: Yes
Charging for Action Camera: Yes
APP Setting: Yes
Extended Interface: Two 1/4" inch screw holes (on the side of handle and on the bottom)
Item Weight: 365g / 12.9oz
Package Size: 29.8 * 14 * 5.2cm / 11.7 * 5.5 * 2in
Package Weight: 608g / 21.5oz
Last edited by imclumzy on May 14th, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
14 replies
Dec 11, 2003
842 posts
1033 upvotes
Ottawa
Is it a HOT-Deal post? Or a product promotion ad?
[OP]
Jan 23, 2017
230 posts
265 upvotes
ravine wrote: Is it a HOT-Deal post? Or a product promotion ad?
How so? I'm not the seller and this is $8 off the lowest historical price.
Nov 17, 2014
243 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Man I just want a decently priced gimbal for my gopro session 5 and can never find one
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3200 posts
2985 upvotes
thx Op, good info and post

edit: damn u OP ..itchy finger me bought the Zhiyun
Jan 18, 2013
576 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary
London Drug occasionally sells it for $100 (currently $150 now). Just jeep an eye as it when it does go on sale.
Jan 29, 2004
475 posts
376 upvotes
Thanks OP, bought on amazon.ca (still cheaper then Henry's since amazon you get it got 108$ tax in + 5% ebates + free shipping (so total is less then 108$ if you count ebates)

Henry's they charge both taxes and shipping. Even if you go out of your way to go pick it up in store to save on the shipping fee, it will still be more expensive than amazon with both taxes and amazon have a better return policy anyway.
Jan 29, 2004
475 posts
376 upvotes
KarinKasia wrote: Cheaper at Henry's

https://www.henrys.com/102533-ISTEADY-P ... IMBAL.aspx

London Drug occasionally sells at $100 as well.
Not really, I just bought it on amazon.ca and they don't charge tax! (so 108$ tax in + 5% ebates + free shipping (so total is less then 108$ if you count ebates)

Henry's they charge both taxes and shipping. Even if you go out of your way to go pick it up in store to save on the shipping fee, it will still be more expensive than amazon with both taxes and amazon have a better return policy anyway.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12574 posts
21303 upvotes
With a name like iSteady you'd think it'd hold an iPhone
[OP]
Jan 23, 2017
230 posts
265 upvotes
stephroll wrote: With a name like iSteady you'd think it'd hold an iPhone
In the OP I linked to the Zhiyun Smooth Q which holds all but the biggest phones. $109 no tax, Prime shipping.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2017
230 posts
265 upvotes
TriftyTings wrote: Man I just want a decently priced gimbal for my gopro session 5 and can never find one
Looks like the easiest solution is to buy a GoPro Session gimbal adapter like this one and use a smartphone gimbal.

Alternatively, if I was committed to using the Session with the iSteady Pro I would DIY a replacement bracket or some elastic bands. I suppose it depends how creative you wanna get (3D print something?).
Nov 17, 2014
243 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
imclumzy wrote: Looks like the easiest solution is to buy a GoPro Session gimbal adapter like this one and use a smartphone gimbal.

Alternatively, if I was committed to using the Session with the iSteady Pro I would DIY a replacement bracket or some elastic bands. I suppose it depends how creative you wanna get (3D print something?).
Thank you for this! Definitely think the adapter is the way to go!
Jan 14, 2007
896 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
TriftyTings wrote: Thank you for this! Definitely think the adapter is the way to go!
I have this same adapter for my gopro using it with the smooth Q and it works really well.