Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

($109.99)Only fire Multi-Purpose Stainless Steel Rotisserie Ring Kit for 22 1/2" Kettle Reg. Price ($174.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2023 6:24 am
[OP]
Nov 15, 2021
265 posts
741 upvotes
Neverland

[Amazon.ca] ($109.99)Only fire Multi-Purpose Stainless Steel Rotisserie Ring Kit for 22 1/2" Kettle Reg. Price ($174.99)

I have been waiting for this to go on sale, So the Regular Price is $174, So I think it's really a great price.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 185857.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-18 185936.jpg
Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in? Somebody’s making a penny.

—Steven Wright
26 replies
Nov 11, 2019
85 posts
112 upvotes
Nice find OP! Ordered one, was looking for one of these in the summer. Comes with a pizza stone and flipper thing too.

What’s your plan for storage? You leave the cover off all the summer? You store the attachment every time? Or you have some type of larger cover?
Sep 11, 2008
142 posts
109 upvotes
Red Deer
Don't forget to add the promotion, a high heat gasket replacement, worth $20. If you don't need it you can probably return it, lowering your cost by another $20
[OP]
Nov 15, 2021
265 posts
741 upvotes
Neverland
Oladepot wrote: Nice find OP! Ordered one, was looking for one of these in the summer. Comes with a pizza stone and flipper thing too.

What’s your plan for storage? You leave the cover off all the summer? You store the attachment every time? Or you have some type of larger cover?
Since it's Stainless I just leave it on the grill covered with a Waterproof grill cover. with the exception of the Rotisserie Motor and the pizza accessories, I keep those indoors away from the elements.
Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in? Somebody’s making a penny.

—Steven Wright
Apr 17, 2001
374 posts
288 upvotes
Bought the same one last year but the smaller size one for 18" jumbo joe. Rotisserie was great, making pizza was kind of hard. But definitely a good addition
Feb 13, 2004
971 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
Would this work on a vision Kamado classic which is basically a big green egg?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2218 posts
920 upvotes
Edmonton
Neat, I didn't know you could get something like that, and the price isn't bad.

But as tempting as it is, I don't know if I'd use it often enough to make it worthwhile, and it seems like it would be a pain to store unless you keep it on the grill all the time (and just dump it somewhere when you're just using the grill itself).
[OP]
Nov 15, 2021
265 posts
741 upvotes
Neverland
Twism wrote: Would this work on a vision Kamado classic which is basically a big green egg?
Highly doubt it.

—Steven Wright
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1346 posts
849 upvotes
Vancouver
Lemonylol wrote: I was actually going to get this a couple weeks ago but one of the reviews mentioned that the pizza oven causes it to leak. I bought this one instead for $115.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01H19VK1 ... asin_title

I figured if I'm going to do pizza I'd rather have something dedicated for it.

I bought the stainless pizza/rotisserie one the previous week when the price was $125. IMO, the stainless was worth a few extra bucks. The pizza door fits pretty tight but you can always wrap the edges with the insulating tape if you're that concerned about smoke leaking.

I noticed the pizza/roti combo one comes with a 304 SS spit rod, stainless spit forks with big thumb knob, but no counter weight is included. The rotisserie-only model comes with a counter weight, and crappy spit forks.

BTW, does anyone know what the tabs inside the ring is used for? I can put a grate on the upper tabs, but there's too much stuff in the way to get a grate onto the lower tabs.
Nov 11, 2019
85 posts
112 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: I bought the stainless pizza/rotisserie one the previous week when the price was $125. IMO, the stainless was worth a few extra bucks. The pizza door fits pretty tight but you can always wrap the edges with the insulating tape if you're that concerned about smoke leaking.

I noticed the pizza/roti combo one comes with a 304 SS spit rod, stainless spit forks with big thumb knob, but no counter weight is included. The rotisserie-only model comes with a counter weight, and crappy spit forks.

BTW, does anyone know what the tabs inside the ring is used for? I can put a grate on the upper tabs, but there's too much stuff in the way to get a grate onto the lower tabs.
Tabs are to raise the upper grate to be flush with the top of the bottom half of the kettle. That was a lot of words to say it makes putting the pizza in and taking it out easier
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2127 posts
813 upvotes
pixcolor wrote: Don't forget to add the promotion, a high heat gasket replacement, worth $20. If you don't need it you can probably return it, lowering your cost by another $20
Is the promo gone? I don't see it.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1346 posts
849 upvotes
Vancouver
Oladepot wrote: Tabs are to raise the upper grate to be flush with the top of the bottom half of the kettle. That was a lot of words to say it makes putting the pizza in and taking it out easier
Im not referring to the clips. I'm asking about the ones spot welded to the inside of the ring.
Nov 23, 2013
162 posts
553 upvotes
jon604 wrote: Is the promo gone? I don't see it.
Looks like it is gone now. I saw it earlier but not there now
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1346 posts
849 upvotes
Vancouver
cbrunett wrote: Looks like it is gone now. I saw it earlier but not there now
I still see it
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2127 posts
813 upvotes
Oh nevermind, u can add it after it's in the cart and it will subtract at check out. Thanks! After the order, Can you click cancel the gasket before it ships or will that mess up the discounted price?

I already have these high heat gasket tape on my pellet grill.
I can't wait to use this on my 22in neopolean I got at costco clearance for $70. I hope i can fit the neapolean tarp cover on while this is left on, else storage will be a pain.. Photos on amazon looks like they use it on both weber and neopolean
Aug 13, 2014
37 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It is still there for me, below the related products.

I had the original kit with just the ring and clips and pizza stone. I have had it for around 4 years. It took a while and some mods to get it to work really well. I added some bolts to the top to make tabs to hold a grill grate on the top. I have a heavy cast iron griddle I put on top to add thermal mass. Overall it works well now but needs to have wood added every other pizza as it cools quickly.

I further modded mine by adding rotisserie mounting brackets (had to cut holes in the ring for the skewers) and ì made a door for the opening. I had an old rotisserie motor so it worked out well. I had to cut the skewer down as it was way too long. In the end it works great as a rotisserie. Because of the height of the skewer relative to the fire it makes for a really even cook.

I have been experimenting with using my setup as a smoker but have had challenges. I have used the snake method with just the kettle but space was limited and the meat too close to the fuel. With this setup and the door on I can use 2 grill grates to put meat on. The only issue is there are too many air gaps and it is hard too keep the temperature below 225 for really low and slow cooking. I will play with it in the summer to see how it turns out.

Overall good product and I wish I had waited for this kit to come out.
Dec 30, 2021
40 posts
41 upvotes
London
Does anyone know if this will work with the kettle joe ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)