Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$11.99 Precision Screwdriver Set - 55pcs Magnetic Driver Bit Set (Vastar)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 2:27 pm
Jan 7, 2015
31 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] $11.99 Precision Screwdriver Set - 55pcs Magnetic Driver Bit Set (Vastar)

I was looking for a cheap precision screwdriver set and I found this one on Amazon.ca
$19.99 - $8.00 coupon = $11.99 all in no taxes.

13 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada
That's a good price for a cheap not so good quality screw driver set.
Live a little
Aug 8, 2013
57 posts
102 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Jackji wrote: That's a good price for a cheap not so good quality screw driver set.
Agreed. Over the past decade I've used multiple cheap torx/mini screw driver sets and finally had enough with the bits falling everywhere and the screw drivers just barely making a passing grade.

Treated myself to an iFixit set yesterday (after watching on CCC for nearly a year) Heads-up: it was cheaper to purchase from ifixit's site than Amazon after using Honey)
Dec 16, 2013
161 posts
153 upvotes
trancematik wrote: Agreed. Over the past decade I've used multiple cheap torx/mini screw driver sets and finally had enough with the bits falling everywhere and the screw drivers just barely making a passing grade.

Treated myself to an iFixit set yesterday (after watching on CCC for nearly a year) Heads-up: it was cheaper to purchase from ifixit's site than Amazon after using Honey)
Which set did you buy from iFixit? Care to share the coupon code? TIA
Apr 20, 2005
493 posts
230 upvotes
I've went through countless number of these cheap sets before finally shelling out for Wiha, and it was well worth the price difference not having to deal with rounded bit tips and stripped screw heads.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Nuckles wrote: Which set did you buy from iFixit? Care to share the coupon code? TIA
I have the Mako Driver Kit, been pretty invaluable for small electronics of all kinds. Got it for $45 from Amazon a while back but they raised it to $60.
Images
  • Screenshot (68).png
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9969 posts
40796 upvotes
Link shows $27.99 no coupon :(
hi :)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
JoJoCan wrote: Link shows $27.99 no coupon :(
It's not the same set anymore, when I grabbed one (I need something right away), was 6 left of the 55 pcs

When I checked my order and clicked the link was $27.99, but if you look it's not the same set (62 pcs).

I know it sucks, but I broke a set last week, and waiting to get a much better set soon.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
deal dead..back to 27.99
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
trancematik wrote: Agreed. Over the past decade I've used multiple cheap torx/mini screw driver sets and finally had enough with the bits falling everywhere and the screw drivers just barely making a passing grade.

which one did you buy, essential or pro, will essential enough for, say assemble a desktop or dissemble a phone or laptop?

PS: shipping for essential toolkit is more than 8 bucks!
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton

Pls share
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
OK, so I grabbed one in the OP, and it arrived today, and I have to say, it's not terrible...

It probably won't last long, but has some extras other kits don;t have, and I really like the led lights in the flashlight that only come on when you hold the screwdriver.

It's not the worst $12 I have spent. It will be OK for some stuff. The magnetize/demagnetize thing looks interesting.

Looks better than the Kingsdun Precision Screwdriver Set, 60 in 1 set I have that I broke the shaft on (no idea how).
Aug 8, 2013
57 posts
102 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Nuckles wrote: Which set did you buy from iFixit? Care to share the coupon code? TIA
I got the iFixit Mako Driver Kit ‑ 64 from canada.ifixit.com and it's gorgeous and a real treat to use. You might find a kit on their site more suitable for your needs. I chose this one as I needed certain security torx. Don't remember which code I used, but this one seems current: FIXIT1013
But definitely install the Honey browser extension and it'll hook you up with the current best code.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)