Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $12.89+FS ... ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater - NSF Restaurant Certified

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2020 4:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
1290 posts
265 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] $12.89+FS ... ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater - NSF Restaurant Certified

Well reviewed cheese grater! For all the new home cooks out there.

• NSF Restaurant Certified rotary cheese grater meeting strict standards for public health protection
  • Fine drum for grating hard cheeses, chocolate, nuts and more
  • Drum and handle separate for easy cleaning
  • Handle switches sides for left or right handed use
  • 5 Year Zyliss Guarantee - Dishwasher Safe
Last edited by farkaland on May 8th, 2020 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1148 posts
1558 upvotes
I have a similar rotary grinder that still works fine so I don't think I'll be updating to this newer plastic model but it does seem to be a good price. If you buy parmesan it really is an indispensable tool.
Nov 19, 2018
43 posts
60 upvotes
plastic junk.

only decent item from zyliss is their ice cream scoop
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
220 upvotes
Get a micro plane or standard grater, your wallet and cupboard space will thank you.
May 19, 2017
250 posts
265 upvotes
SomeGuyGG wrote: 1.5 stars / 5 after removing fake reviews.
https://www.fakespot.com/product/zyliss ... 7cf18967c9
Manatus wrote: Problem is that the $12.89 price is some random third party seller; Amazon's price is $30.49. That difference and the bad reviews make me question whether that seller's items are legit.
Not to comment on this particular item but I notice that fakespot is not very reliable itself. If you choose a highly popular item like say, 500GB 860 EVO you get an adjusted score of 2 stars. It seems to have some trouble with such items. Also SD cards, even when they are 100% confirmed legit from Amazon/Lexar/Samsung/Micron themselves.
Aug 8, 2013
24 posts
47 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I got this after seeing James May rave about his original Moule grater that was made in France like 60 Years ago. (See his 70's FoodTribe vid on ultimate cheese sandwich)
I got this plastic one and I've gotta say, unless you're using it for parmesan or other very hard cheeses and use it often, it's not worth it.

I like that you can be ambidextrous with it, but it's a royal bitch to clean if you use something semi soft like cheddar. Mozzarella? I made that mistake initially and was picking at it with a toothpick for a couple days.

But hey, if you're doing keto and parmesan crust a lot of things, it could be worth it. It's certainly more fun to use than a standard grater and for that reason I keep it as it sparks joy.

Try to find an original Moule made in France or USA I guess. I'd trade up if I could find one in decent shape on eBay.
Feb 2, 2006
486 posts
322 upvotes
I purchased this grater for $22 about 2 years ago and I've been using it to grate parmesan from the bricks I buy at Costco.

I've had no issues whatsoever and would buy it again.
Apr 6, 2009
64 posts
12 upvotes
ontario canada
I've had a zyliss grater like this for years and surprisingly is is so strong being that it's plastic. If any of you know, zyliss is a quality brand. I've never had a zyliss product that was junk. I used my grater to gring walnuts for making cakes, it's the only way to grind walnuts and get a great result.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1836 posts
1506 upvotes
Toronto
Showing CDN$ 30.49 for me, deal is gone I think?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!