Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$12.99 KIND Bars Almond Sea Salt Dark Chocolate -12 count

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2020 2:50 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2692 posts
897 upvotes
Winnipeg
aznnorth wrote: I wouldnt even consider it the same quality. 22 carbs, 16gms sugar, 12 gms fat??? Cmon now... next.
The Larabar serving size is 45g, Kind bar is 40g. Calories are actually only 10 more for the Larabar and you get more. Fat is less and protein is the same. To me, they're both junk. Just thought I'd put out an alternative. I'm not buying either.
Oct 11, 2018
154 posts
125 upvotes
These were on clearance at RCSS Argentia for around $7 this week. There were also some Lara bars for $6 a box. Expiry later this year
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1598 upvotes
Saw them at Costco, not sure what the in store price was. I remember that they are not keto friendly at all :(. I tried the no sugar brand from Costco.ca, they taste good but expensive.
Aug 20, 2019
563 posts
713 upvotes
London, Ontario
Jon Lai wrote: Damn they turned off S&S for this...
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CORNNE2/ref ... =UTF8&th=1

Just make sure you double check your flavour. It's different than OP.
Jul 15, 2009
515 posts
1148 upvotes
Toronto
Just another standard fat/sugar bar--~60% nutrient content is fat and ~30% is sugar.

I got cases of this from a retailer going out of business (for about half this price), and even at that price I probably wouldn't buy it again. I found it hard to fit these into my regular diet (50% Carb/30% Protein/20% Fat) without wrecking my macros, and when I did have the macro room, these were definitely not tasty enough to waste the macros on.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10562 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto
make sure you guys check out the expiry... these bars do not taste good expired and expire fast

I used to eat em daily at work, kind of tempted to get a box for home but still a bit pricey
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2951 posts
3211 upvotes
Surrey
TorontoEh wrote: ugh didn't realize they input those glucose crap in it.

I'm looking for something i can eat while out during the day , are RX Bars any good? They mention 3-4 ingredients on wrapper.
RX Bars are the best energy bars, especially in terms of ingredients, though they are kinda sticky due to dates. I’d recommend Chocolate PB or Chocolate Sea Salt.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4147 posts
2026 upvotes
BC
henrik112 wrote: RX Bars are the best energy bars, especially in terms of ingredients, though they are kinda sticky due to dates. I’d recommend Chocolate PB or Chocolate Sea Salt.
These are also effective for bowel care. Very effective.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2951 posts
3211 upvotes
Surrey
AHCanada wrote: Not quite correct. You're falling for their marketing. They advertise 4 ingredients but two of them (peanut butter and chocolate chips) are comprised of several components. They try to hide the less desirable ones like salt, sugar, extract. It's a common trick. They wouldn't sound nearly as healthy if they said 10 ingredients and listed everything separately.
There’s about 3g of added sugar on avg in a Lara Bar. Dates are generally considered low in the glycemic index, so as long as these bars aren’t a daily treat for you, they’re comparable to kind bars. RX Bars are still better than both, but are more expensive.

Also, the Peanut Butter (non chocolate chip) Larabars are the best of the bunch for nutrition, though the chocolate chip ones taste better imo.
Last edited by henrik112 on Jul 24th, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17010 posts
4797 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
StefanYFC wrote: Yes, dates have a lot of sugar in them. There's only 4 ingredients, dates, peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanuts. The ingredients list for KIND bars on the other hand reads like you'd expect, honey, sugar, palm oil, glucose, soy.
And sugar is how we run our bodies.

If it had extra teaspoons of sugar without any reason, then perhaps. These are energy bars, not meal replacement bars. Lara Bars are far better than Kind Bars. They aren't processed, just 4 natural ingredients (found in nature, mashed up) in a bar format.

Sugar = aka carbs = energy.
Dec 20, 2010
130 posts
111 upvotes
toronto
AHCanada wrote: Not quite correct. You're falling for their marketing. They advertise 4 ingredients but two of them (peanut butter and chocolate chips) are comprised of several components. They try to hide the less desirable ones like salt, sugar, extract. It's a common trick. They wouldn't sound nearly as healthy if they said 10 ingredients and listed everything separately.
I'm not falling for their marketing. The only bad added processed ingredient there is sugar. All of the ingredients are listed under ingredients they aren't hiding anything. It's not about the number of ingredients, it's about what they are and by that comparison Lara bars are better. That being said, I ordered dark chocolate cherry kind bars.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3738 posts
1134 upvotes
Vancouver
Last time i bought a box of Kind bars from Amazon, they were rock hard and I suspect they're stale. It was well before the best before date too. Beware!
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17010 posts
4797 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
StefanYFC wrote: I'm not falling for their marketing. The only bad added processed ingredient there is sugar. All of the ingredients are listed under ingredients they aren't hiding anything. It's not about the number of ingredients, it's about what they are and by that comparison Lara bars are better. That being said, I ordered dark chocolate cherry kind bars.
Agreed. Let's use a REAL example vs. random commentary between all of us.

https://www.larabar.com/our-products/la ... rry-muffin

Blueberry Muffin Bar from Lara Bar.

Let's look at the ingredients.

INGREDIENTS: CASHEWS, DATES, APPLES, BLUEBERRIES, VANILLA EXTRACT

0g of added sugar.