• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 1:35 pm
[OP]
Feb 24, 2018
51 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] $144.49 Anker Roav Dash Cam S1

Anker Roav Dash Cam S1, Full HD 1080P Resolution, Built-In GPS/WiFi, 2.4" LCD, 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, 2-Port Charger, 32G microSD Card, Easy Sharing
BEYOND FULL HD: Capture all the details of every journey in highly-detailed 2K resolution.
TRACK YOUR TRAVELS: Built-in GPS records your location data so you can see the routes you've taken.
INSTANT VIDEO ACCESS: Use the ROAV app to download, manage, view and share Dash Cam's recordings directly on your mobile devices. MOTION-ACTIVATED: Gravity sensor activates the camera if your car is bumped or moved to automatically record hit-and-runs.
EXTREME TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE: When plugged in: Operates in 19℉-149℉. Using battery power (for the parking monitor), Operates in 32℉-149℉. —just stick it in your car and forget it.
WORRY-FREE WARRANTY: ROAV has total confidence in our products and backs them with a 12-month replacement warranty.

Lowest price since 2017
5 replies
Jan 22, 2019
66 posts
50 upvotes
I paid lower for the unit ordering it through Amazon USA in January 2018. I wouldn't recommend the unit. It always randomly shuts off and always requires a format of the SD card despite trying other brands of reputable SD cards. Stick with the cheaper Yi dash cam. That's what I use now and it's been bulletproof.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$50.99
Shipping & Handling:
$7.47
Total before tax:
$58.46
Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00
Import Fees Deposit
$6.83
Grand Total:
$65.29

EDIT: My apologies, this is what I paid for the Anker Roav C1
Last edited by EarthViews on Feb 18th, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4120 posts
475 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Love Anker Roav dash cams!
Mar 31, 2008
575 posts
308 upvotes
Airdrie
EarthViews wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 8:26 am
I paid lower for the unit ordering it through Amazon USA in January 2018. I wouldn't recommend the unit. It always randomly shuts off and always requires a format of the SD card despite trying other brands of reputable SD cards. Stick with the cheaper Yi dash cam. That's what I use now and it's been bulletproof.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$50.99
Shipping & Handling:
$7.47
Total before tax:
$58.46
Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00
Import Fees Deposit
$6.83
Grand Total:
$65.29
That is the price I paid for the C1 around the same time. Maybe double check your order.

This listing is for the new and improved S1.

That being said from what I have read it is not worth the premium over the C1. It comes with a better image sensor and GPS and a few other fancy features. But at the end of the day people seem to be disappointed in the video quality saying it is still similar to the C1, and not worth twice the price.

No issues with my C1, using the Costco sandisk cards they tell you not to use for over a year.
Jan 22, 2019
66 posts
50 upvotes
mcwilly wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 9:18 am
That is the price I paid for the C1 around the same time. Maybe double check your order.

This listing is for the new and improved S1.

That being said from what I have read it is not worth the premium over the C1. It comes with a better image sensor and GPS and a few other fancy features. But at the end of the day people seem to be disappointed in the video quality saying it is still similar to the C1, and not worth twice the price.

No issues with my C1, using the Costco sandisk cards they tell you not to use for over a year.
Oops! My mistake. Correct, it is the C1. I'll edit my post above.

That being said, I didn't find the phone app that great in comparison to the Yi dashcam's. Just a personal opinion. I really like how the Anker Roav dashcam gets mounted and hidden. Probably the best setup for that in my experience. I'll pick up a Costco SD card to see how that is.
Mar 26, 2017
214 posts
118 upvotes
With my Honda civic (2017) already having a cam for lane assist, would I just install it directly below it? And is is hard to fish the power cord?