Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

$1499 ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop 144Hz, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, GeForce RTX 2060, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIE SSD

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 7:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 5, 2014
12 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[Amazon.ca] $1499 ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop 144Hz, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, GeForce RTX 2060, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIE SSD

Seems like a solid deal on a popular laptop right now, it's got an RTX 2060, 144hz panel 16gb of RAM so most people don't need to upgrade it and lastly a 1tb SSD. The laptop checks a lot of boxes for people.

Edit: Also available at Memory Express for the same price. https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX81039
Last edited by sTiGMattas on Jul 21st, 2020 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
63 replies
Apr 23, 2011
912 posts
257 upvotes
Newcastle
Price in title please
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
redflagdealsguy wrote: Not bad.

Objectively.
How bout subjectively? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
Is this 2060 max q?

Did they fix the thermal issue with the laptop?

Picture looks like it has cold air intake from bottom, which i thought was blocked
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1539 posts
789 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: Is this 2060 max q?

Did they fix the thermal issue with the laptop?

Picture looks like it has cold air intake from bottom, which i thought was blocked
Regular 2060, not Max Q. The Max Q is in the slimmer models like G14.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
vernonco wrote: Regular 2060, not Max Q. The Max Q is in the slimmer models like G14.
nice, I was looking at desktop parts.
Its not even possible to build one with this spec at 1500.
Aug 15, 2015
140 posts
226 upvotes
Windsor
JIB9022 wrote: nice, I was looking at desktop parts.
Its not even possible to build one with this spec at 1500.
It's more than possible.
Last edited by jacobspeeds on Jul 21st, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6672 posts
1911 upvotes
I bought this model from the London Drugs sale for $1400. After testing a few other laptops with similar specs I'm happy with the A15, mostly due to the price I got it at. For me the screen quality is decent, but I'm not a competitive gamer and I use it mostly for Oculus Quest VR gaming.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Nov 15, 2014
288 posts
84 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Bought this for my son a few weeks ago. It's a pretty sweet laptop for that price. He's been using it for school and gaming obviously, mostly Valorant, GTA 5 and RL. The screen is fine after some adjustments. It's a bit dim but he's played around with the settings and made it look pretty good. Fans are pretty loud when he's gaming but not bad when doing routine tasks and there's some registry edits that can be made to reduce the fans by not maxing out the CPU during routine tasks so I still have to do that. The laptop itself doesn't get too hot to the touch even when gaming. Battery life is good. Hard to beat these specs at this price. The more expensive ROG line uses the Max-Q versions of these GPUs, so I'd argue that in this case, the cheaper option is better.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2011
1074 posts
560 upvotes
mark_in_2k wrote: I bought this model from the London Drugs sale for $1400. After testing a few other laptops with similar specs I'm happy with the A15, mostly due to the price I got it at. For me the screen quality is decent, but I'm not a competitive gamer and I use it mostly for Oculus Quest VR gaming.
How is the fan speed? Is it loud? Also, does the laptop have throttling issues?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2334 posts
525 upvotes
York
mark_in_2k wrote: I bought this model from the London Drugs sale for $1400. After testing a few other laptops with similar specs I'm happy with the A15, mostly due to the price I got it at. For me the screen quality is decent, but I'm not a competitive gamer and I use it mostly for Oculus Quest VR gaming.
I picked it up during the LD sale as well. Very happy with it after I disabled CPU Turbo Boosting. Gaming performance is top notch!

My only complaint is the screens colour accuracy.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Nov 15, 2014
288 posts
84 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
The Destroyer wrote: I picked it up during the LD sale as well. Very happy with it after I disabled CPU Turbo Boosting. Gaming performance is top notch!

My only complaint is the screens colour accuracy.
Do you have a link to the instructions you followed to disable the Turbo Boosting?
Jun 22, 2020
11 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
I also picked this up from London Drugs sale for my girlfriend. For the most part she is happy with the overall performance of it. Shes not a gamer at all and needed something powerful to use adobe illustrator, premier pro and photoshop. Only complaint I have is with color accuracy of the screen and fans will be a tad loud with trying to export a video out of premier pro. However, when just doing regular tasks like browsing the web the fans are relatively quiet. Outside of that it has solid specs for it's price, 1TB SSD boots super quick and great battery life.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2014
1261 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Danzak wrote: Bought this for my son a few weeks ago. It's a pretty sweet laptop for that price. He's been using it for school and gaming obviously, mostly Valorant, GTA 5 and RL. The screen is fine after some adjustments. It's a bit dim but he's played around with the settings and made it look pretty good. Fans are pretty loud when he's gaming but not bad when doing routine tasks and there's some registry edits that can be made to reduce the fans by not maxing out the CPU during routine tasks so I still have to do that. The laptop itself doesn't get too hot to the touch even when gaming. Battery life is good. Hard to beat these specs at this price. The more expensive ROG line uses the Max-Q versions of these GPUs, so I'd argue that in this case, the cheaper option is better.
if possible, can you have your son share the screen settings or the link to the screen settings please?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1539 posts
789 upvotes
Danzak wrote: Bought this for my son a few weeks ago. It's a pretty sweet laptop for that price. He's been using it for school and gaming obviously, mostly Valorant, GTA 5 and RL. The screen is fine after some adjustments. It's a bit dim but he's played around with the settings and made it look pretty good. Fans are pretty loud when he's gaming but not bad when doing routine tasks and there's some registry edits that can be made to reduce the fans by not maxing out the CPU during routine tasks so I still have to do that. The laptop itself doesn't get too hot to the touch even when gaming. Battery life is good. Hard to beat these specs at this price. The more expensive ROG line uses the Max-Q versions of these GPUs, so I'd argue that in this case, the cheaper option is better.
Only ROG Zephyrus line use Max Q because of the thinness of the laptop. Others use regular versions. Good review. Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
4229 posts
9569 upvotes
$1499 seems quite rich these days for a laptop with only a 2060 non-Super. The 4800H is nice, of course, but this is a gaming laptop so is almost a crime to sell it with a now somewhat obsolete regular 2060 at this kind of price. Near 1k and this would be a much better deal. Seems manufactures are slapping Ryzen 7's in laptops and calling it a day at inflated prices. Very much appreciate the post though, OP.