Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $15.51 AmazonBasics Standard Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser and Leash Clip - Pack of 900

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2020 10:21 am
[OP]
Apr 25, 2017
752 posts
607 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Amazon.ca] $15.51 AmazonBasics Standard Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser and Leash Clip - Pack of 900

$15.51 or lower with S&S. Very close to historical low, I have this 900 count and have been using it, very good quality.
51 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1092 posts
340 upvotes
YYC
As a side note, if your city allows pet waste as compost, you (may) need compostable bags, which these are not.
Last edited by herc on Aug 13th, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was about to order these for the GF but They not Biodegradable!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1012 posts
970 upvotes
cky312 wrote: It's 1/3 of a cent cheaper per bag than Amazon, but there is one big difference. The Amazon ones are rolled, the Costco ones are in a flat box that you can't carry on a walk. That feature alone makes these two no contest for most.
But the Costco ones are scented and biodegradable. And your finger doesn't poke through the bag giving you that uncomfortably moist warmth that you instantly regret.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2433 posts
3034 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just use the old produce bags after I'm finished with them.
Saves me money and having to put extra plastic into the landfills.
Sometimes I even grab the loose bags at the store laying in shopping carts, baskets, etc to use as poop bags. There are so many strewn around now with people using them as barriers in their baskets, etc.
Jan 12, 2013
38 posts
44 upvotes
London
stovetop wrote: I just use the old produce bags after I'm finished with them.
Saves me money and having to put extra plastic into the landfills.
Sometimes I even grab the loose bags at the store laying in shopping carts, baskets, etc to use as poop bags. There are so many strewn around now with people using them as barriers in their baskets, etc.
Sorry to be negative, but that just motivates you to keep using plastic bags. Reusable bags for groceries and biodegradable waste bags would make the most difference.
Mar 14, 2013
410 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Costco has one in ware house for $10 600 count and the holder. YMMV
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4644 posts
306 upvotes
Vancity
herc wrote: As a side note, if your city allows pet waste as compost, you need compostable bags, which these are not.
Do these biodegrade even in a regular landfill and not a compost-specific processing facility?

We often throw our bags into public park garbage cans which are with regular trash and plastic bags. If they're going in a non compostable bag in a landfill, wouldn't make much difference if they won't biodegrade in a special facility.
Jan 24, 2010
80 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
chilli604 wrote: I was about to order these for the GF but They not Biodegradable!
The Enhanced ones are biodegradable. 810 pack for $14.44. Great deal for biodegradable poo bags.
Sep 25, 2016
121 posts
148 upvotes
dealsnipper wrote: The Enhanced ones are biodegradable. 810 pack for $14.44. Great deal for biodegradable poo bags.
Appears the enhanced ones are actually cheaper too per bag. Thanks for pointing it out!
Apr 16, 2015
860 posts
506 upvotes
dealsnipper wrote: The Enhanced ones are biodegradable. 810 pack for $14.44. Great deal for biodegradable poo bags.
I bought a box of these “Enhanced” ones a while back and I can't see anything about "biodegradable'' on the box or package.
The all time low for these bags is $10.18
Last edited by MikeBrewerWheelerDealer on Aug 13th, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 3, 2018
55 posts
68 upvotes
An even better deal is when walking your dog, he poops, use one bag.

Then take two bags from the community doggy bag container as spares. Eventually you'll have lots of spare bags for times you're not near the free bag container.

If you think that's theft - ever had your dog poop more than once on a walk? Mine did... Always 6 or more poops per walk.

Anyway, just sharing what we did. Worked out well, and only had to buy bags once. The rest came along for free!
Feb 14, 2019
64 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Hey so I had this great debate with some friends of ours in the neighbourhood.

Dog bags that say biodegradable, take up to a year to breakdown, and that's if their claims are even true. Tossing a biodegradable bag into the trash, means it goes into a landfill anyways, and can take as long as a regular plastic to breakdown.

Some people think leaving poop on grass is amazing fertilizer, it isn't, especially if it isn't placed in a compost. Leaving it around just spreads bacteria everywhere. Have you stepped in it before? yea... not pleasant either.

You may also think that tossing it into your green bin means that your city will automatically transform it into soil for plants, but you should check with your city and see if they actual have the processes and plants for doing so. The compost created by dog poop cannot be used to grow food or be placed near water (rivers/lakes/etc) as they contain lots of pantheons as well as bacteria and parasites. Now, if you decide to create a compost bin/heap at home, then there are lots of guides out there to follow, but again, can't be used for anything but flower beds. Maintaining and turning over the compost heap while creating high temperature is key, so it can kill some of the bacteria. If not, that compost should be kept away from puppies, kids and pregnant women, as they can contain roundworms (google it) and other fun stuff. Bottom line is, if you want healthy compost, you should have a healthy pet at home as well.

You can use flushable bags, which again, you need to call your city's waste water department and see if they have a system in place for those things.

Paper bags are a great idea... until you own a 60lb dog and need to do a two-handed grab of their poop and realize how permeable paper can be at times. But this is a great option for your green bin/composter.

Bottom line, some people have a pets; love them and want to do your part, and the best thing is to at least pick up the crap and NOT TOSS IT IN YOUR NEIGHBOUR'S GARBAGE/GREEN BIN. Glad everywhere here is looking at bags period.
eh...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)