Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $15.51 AmazonBasics Standard Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser and Leash Clip - Pack of 900

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2020 10:21 am
Apr 7, 2009
301 posts
125 upvotes
toronto
PannTher wrote: Would this be an example of biodegradable bags that aren't really?

For a little more and similar count, I would like to use them and put in our green bin, but they are not labelled at compostable so probably couldn't.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B076VZM3V ... psc=1&th=1
We use these and they work great; no problems other than maybe one ripped bag in 2 years. The scent hides the smell just enough until we get home or find a bin.

Don't think they're biodegradable though...
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3167 posts
743 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Responsible dog owner here and as previous poster mentioned, no dog owner should be tossing their doggy’s poop in a neighbour’s green/trash bin or just leaving the poop in the grass.

You own a dog? Be responsible and pick up after your dog and dispose of the crap at your own house or city garbage bin.

Can’t count how many times I have seen dog owners let their dog crap and just leave it. I call them out when I see this and some are sheepish while others are combative.

Combative? Come at me bruh!! Don’t give other responsible dog owners a bad name!
Good on you, man! We need more ppl like you to call out irresponsible dog owners. And there are many, in the Six.
Jul 19, 2019
51 posts
38 upvotes
This is a great find, thanks op. Going to have to buy some more. This is my go to for poop bagging. Great quality, sturdy, and fits my hand.
Nov 23, 2014
12 posts
4 upvotes
Arviat, NU
ji2o0k wrote: Responsible dog owner here and as previous poster mentioned, no dog owner should be tossing their doggy’s poop in a neighbour’s green/trash bin or just leaving the poop in the grass.
What's so wrong with tossing a poop bag in someone else's bin? I don't understand this.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21158 posts
2495 upvotes
Toronto
Waterville wrote: What's so wrong with tossing a poop bag in someone else's bin? I don't understand this.
Because it isn't your property, hence you shouldn't be touching other people's stuff.

Do you bring bags of your garbage and empty it into someone's else trash bin?

If you can make the effort to toss the dog poop in someone else's bin...why not use that energy and toss it in your own bin?

I never understand why people think tossing their dog poop in someone else's bin is ok...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Nov 23, 2014
12 posts
4 upvotes
Arviat, NU
ji2o0k wrote: Because it isn't your property, hence you shouldn't be touching other people's stuff.

Do you bring bags of your garbage and empty it into someone's else trash bin?

If you can make the effort to toss the dog poop in someone else's bin...why not use that energy and toss it in your own bin?

I never understand why people think tossing their dog poop in someone else's bin is ok...
They're city provided bins and they're everywhere. I'd be pissed if someone threw a whole bag of garbage in my bin because that's space that I could potentially need. But a bag of dog poop? C'mon.

I'm usually ~15 minutes from my house so it's nice to not carry dog crap around for the rest of the walk. I'd argue that a good neighbor wouldn't give a shit (pun intended) about a poop bag in their garbage bin from someone else in the neighborhood.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21158 posts
2495 upvotes
Toronto
^ city provided bins.....on someone's property. Even city boulevards are under the care of the home owner.

15 more mins....why can't you carry YOUR dog's poop back to your own house.

Funny you mention a good neighbor......a good neighbor wouldn't want to toss their dog's poop into someone else's bin....

Perhaps if you rang the doorbell and asked the neighbor if you could toss your dog's poop into their bin?

Same with their outlet...would you go and charge your phone using their outdoor outlet without asking?

You are assuming it is ok with the neighbor....ask first before you assume.

Nov 20, 2008
966 posts
304 upvotes
stovetop wrote: I just use the old produce bags after I'm finished with them.
Saves me money and having to put extra plastic into the landfills.
Sometimes I even grab the loose bags at the store laying in shopping carts, baskets, etc to use as poop bags. There are so many strewn around now with people using them as barriers in their baskets, etc.
COVID dude. I'm not touching anyone's used plastic bags!
Nov 20, 2008
966 posts
304 upvotes
Waterville wrote: They're city provided bins and they're everywhere. I'd be pissed if someone threw a whole bag of garbage in my bin because that's space that I could potentially need. But a bag of dog poop? C'mon.

I'm usually ~15 minutes from my house so it's nice to not carry dog crap around for the rest of the walk. I'd argue that a good neighbor wouldn't give a shit (pun intended) about a poop bag in their garbage bin from someone else in the neighborhood.

No one wants someone else smelly dog crap bags in their bin. C'mon. That's disgusting. And before you say it's just garbage. What if someone threw dog crap in your bin right after collection day. So now the crap is festering for a week in the sun? No thanks.
Oct 22, 2007
271 posts
261 upvotes
Waterville wrote: What's so wrong with tossing a poop bag in someone else's bin? I don't understand this.
I don't think there is anything wrong w/ this either - that being said, a couple years ago some guy was walking down my street and threw his bag in a neighours green bin and the neighbour (who himself has a dog) saw and went absolutely apeshit on him.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4638 posts
306 upvotes
Vancity
1C5 wrote: No one wants someone else smelly dog crap bags in their bin. C'mon. That's disgusting. And before you say it's just garbage. What if someone threw dog crap in your bin right after collection day. So now the crap is festering for a week in the sun? No thanks.
Yeah I get it, if the owner of said garbage can doesn't have a dog, I can see how they don't want to be smelling dog shit whenever they take out their trash.

That said, if they do have a dog and toss out the poop in the garbage can anyway, then I wouldn't understand why they'd be so uptight.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21158 posts
2495 upvotes
Toronto
The__Rock wrote: I don't think there is anything wrong w/ this either - that being said, a couple years ago some guy was walking down my street and threw his bag in a neighours green bin and the neighbour (who himself has a dog) saw and went absolutely apeshit on him.
sonick wrote: Yeah I get it, if the owner of said garbage can doesn't have a dog, I can see how they don't want to be smelling dog shit whenever they take out their trash.

That said, if they do have a dog and toss out the poop in the garbage can anyway, then I wouldn't understand why they'd be so uptight.
Common courtesy is simply to ask the home owner and see if it is OK.

Some are cool with it, some are not. That is their prerogative...... But for them to decide, not you.

Pretty easy to understand for all - home owner makes the decision, not you on their behalf.

But of course, not everyone has common courtesy and there will be some that continue to presume it is OK and "nothing wrong with" what they are doing.