Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $15.51 AmazonBasics Standard Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser and Leash Clip - Pack of 900

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2020 10:21 am
May 19, 2019
57 posts
33 upvotes
I have a question that bothers us for a long time. How do other dog owners do with the poops after bagged them? We used to put them into our green bins, but they were soooo smelly that each week it became a burden to collect our trash.
So, dear do owners, what do you do with them? (I won’t think throwing into other people’s trash bin is appropriate, especially considering this is an daily activity, and would be repeated everyday).
Oct 22, 2007
271 posts
261 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Common courtesy is simply to ask the home owner and see if it is OK.

Some are cool with it, some are not. That is their prerogative...... But for them to decide, not you.

Pretty easy to understand for all - home owner makes the decision, not you on their behalf.

But of course, not everyone has common courtesy and there will be some that continue to presume it is OK and "nothing wrong with" what they are doing.
I'm talking about when the green bin is outside at the curb already because its garbage day. I'm not talking walking up to the owners door or garage or site of the house if thats where they keep the bin. But i figure if its out at the curb, the truck will be there within the next few hours to pick it up so by the time the owner gets to it, its gonna be empty. Also, its being thrown on the top so its not like somebody else is gonna throw something on top of it and smush it in the guys green bin.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2329 posts
611 upvotes
Gta
The__Rock wrote: I'm talking about when the green bin is outside at the curb already because its garbage day. I'm not talking walking up to the owners door or garage or site of the house if thats where they keep the bin. But i figure if its out at the curb, the truck will be there within the next few hours to pick it up so by the time the owner gets to it, its gonna be empty. Also, its being thrown on the top so its not like somebody else is gonna throw something on top of it and smush it in the guys green bin.
I’m not a dog owner. When I lived in house, we lived on the side where there was a sidewalk.there were many people with dogs who would walk by. On garbage day, everything would go to the curb. Many times later in the evening, I’d make a run for one last bag of compost to go in the green bin and I’d see that someone had thrown their dogs poop bag inthere. It used to really tick me off. ( not as much as people who would just throw their dog poop bags into the bushes!). It’s my house and as silly as it sounds, my garbage can. Is it really too much to ask that people take the poop bag and dump It into their own garbage ? Honestly it just reinforced the notion that dog owners are selfish and lazy! And I’m sure the majority are not.
Koodo member
Sep 4, 2007
395 posts
345 upvotes
Since when have we become so territorial and entitled that people would rather protect their own garbage cans than let people be good citizen and pick up after themselves?

Besides inner city where public garbage cans are abundant. Most burbs have maybe one garbage can at each exit of small parks. It's not like most people want to throw it in people's bins but burbs were designed with so few public garbage bins in mind. I can relate why it's upsetting to see unwanted bags in your bin. But just think on the other side and assume the best of people that they're just trying to be good citizens and pick up after their dog. Parents drop diapers, and women discard menstrual products in public restrooms all day. They're equally vile and disgusting, the poor janitors cleaning out restrooms probably curse the bin owners just the same for throwing out nasty stuff.

TLDR: It's just a garbage bin, unless yours got lined with dog shit, lets just be happy people actually pick up after themselves as opposed to littering
Last edited by cky312 on Aug 14th, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2018
919 posts
401 upvotes
Waterville wrote: They're city provided bins and they're everywhere. I'd be pissed if someone threw a whole bag of garbage in my bin because that's space that I could potentially need. But a bag of dog poop? C'mon.

I'm usually ~15 minutes from my house so it's nice to not carry dog crap around for the rest of the walk. I'd argue that a good neighbor wouldn't give a shit (pun intended) about a poop bag in their garbage bin from someone else in the neighborhood.
City doesn't provide any bins here. If Someone throws their dog shit in my bin I'm gonna follow them home and leave it on their porch or car.

Much the same as the a**hole old man that threw his garbage into the bin I paid for when we were clearing out some stuff at work. Caught up to him at the stop sign across the parking lot and put the bags onto his hood.
Apr 7, 2009
303 posts
125 upvotes
toronto
Tanya007 wrote: I have a question that bothers us for a long time. How do other dog owners do with the poops after bagged them? We used to put them into our green bins, but they were soooo smelly that each week it became a burden to collect our trash.
So, dear do owners, what do you do with them? (I won’t think throwing into other people’s trash bin is appropriate, especially considering this is an daily activity, and would be repeated everyday).
We use a diaper genie. It's in the garage and even in these hot summers, no smell when full of bags for 2 weeks...

Private garbage bins are private property. Especially now, no one should be touching anything that doesn't belong to them. I would not appreciate someone throwing a poop bag, used tissue, etc. into any of my bins.

It's not that much effort to hang onto a poop bag until you get home or find a public bin...
May 19, 2019
57 posts
33 upvotes
ngleu wrote: We use a diaper genie. It's in the garage and even in these hot summers, no smell when full of bags for 2 weeks...

Private garbage bins are private property. Especially now, no one should be touching anything that doesn't belong to them. I would not appreciate someone throwing a poop bag, used tissue, etc. into any of my bins.

It's not that much effort to hang onto a poop bag until you get home or find a public bin...
Totally agree.
Thanks for the diaper genie suggestion. And I immediately grabbed one yesterday. Hope it helps solving the issue.