• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 7:16 pm
[OP]
Sep 2, 2003
551 posts
263 upvotes
York

[Amazon.ca] 15.9KG Bulk Popcorn Kernels - $48

On sale for $58 - $10 coupon. (Regular price is $69)

Product description
Poppa Corn Premium Yellow NON-GMO GLUTEN FREE Hybrid Popcorn Kernels (35lb Bag) Popper outputs: Output per hour on all poppers calculated by multiplying kettle size x 20. Actual output will be somewhat less, considering the reload time and skill of user. Huge bag of highest quality THEATRE GRADE popping corn delivered right to you! Premium best-tasting Yellow Hybrid Butterfly Unpopped Popcorn Kernels High popping expansion - Use in Oil/Air Poppers and Pans GLUTEN FREE, NON-GMO, HIGH SOURCE OF FIBRE, 100% WHOLE GRAIN, NO Artificial Flavours, Colours, Preservatives Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside!

Costco Business Centre only $23!
jfd3220 wrote: I'm pretty sure Costco Business Centre still has this for $23 in store and I think I paid $18 last time it was on sale.

For those in the GTA it's cheaper to pickup at Poppa Corn warehouse:
projectman44 wrote: Or $38.88 if you are willing to pickup at their Dixie/Matheson warehouse store.
Last edited by luckystrike on Sep 26th, 2020 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Sep 15, 2018
230 posts
284 upvotes
Edmonton
Well, that would last us a few days! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6409 upvotes
This is probably enough popcorn to use one of those whole boxes of flavacol.
Jun 1, 2017
742 posts
614 upvotes
Mississauga
Or $38.88 if you are willing to pickup at their Dixie/Matheson warehouse store.

Dont forget the gallon of theatre butter topping for $7
[OP]
Sep 2, 2003
551 posts
263 upvotes
York
projectman44 wrote: Or $38.88 if you are willing to pickup at their Dixie/Matheson warehouse store.
Didn't know this. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9059 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto

Do they have smaller portions for sale as well? Thanks for the heads-up.
Jun 1, 2017
742 posts
614 upvotes
Mississauga
luckystrike wrote: Didn't know this. Thanks!
NP. Came across them when i was hunting for snow cone syrup a few weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3756 posts
5751 upvotes
Langley, BC
What is the best topping for popcorn to give the “butter” flavor like theatres?

I use flavacol and that orange oil stuff but it’s still missing something.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1772 posts
1285 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: Do they have smaller portions for sale as well? Thanks for the heads-up.
They sell smaller quantities, prices vary, however as a commercial distributor, they are competitive.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5589 posts
896 upvotes

Thanks for the tip for this place. Will check the place out some time.
Jul 24, 2013
151 posts
44 upvotes
steven80 wrote: What is the best topping for popcorn to give the “butter” flavor like theatres?

I use flavacol and that orange oil stuff but it’s still missing something.
cook in coconut oil and use the butter flavacol. Taste better then theatres.
Aug 29, 2012
155 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
how does this stuff compare to the Orville Redenbacher kernels? using a silicone microwave popper if that matters..
Feb 19, 2009
474 posts
623 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Just as a public service announcement, make sure you know that Flavacol is like a salt bomb.
Even a tiny pinch is close to your full daily recommended intake of sodium.

If you aren't concerned about such things thats a personal choice, but the amount you can safely add is really small.
Okay as a treat, but it doesn't make it a healthy snack. I had to stop using it.

Good deal on the corns though, thanks OP.
Last edited by acidcaribou on Sep 26th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11537 posts
4672 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
IGA and MAXI often have 1 kg bags on sale at 2 for $3.00. That's a lot cheaper. Even when not on sale the regular price is $1.99 a bag which would make it about $32 for the same amount,
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2173 posts
1275 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Dont get this if you use the microwave to make popcorn. If popcorn is on the shelf for awhile(like >6 months) it loses some moisture and the kernels take longer to pop and will pop unevenly.
Jan 21, 2010
498 posts
629 upvotes
Brantford
ssjlancer wrote: Dont get this if you use the microwave to make popcorn. If popcorn is on the shelf for awhile(like >6 months) it loses some moisture and the kernels take longer to pop and will pop unevenly.
We're still working on a bag bought over a year ago and microwave with one of the Lekue silicone microwave poppers. We still get near 100% poppage every time. Usually fewer than 5 unpopped kernels for the full 100g capacity of the popper.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3756 posts
5751 upvotes
Langley, BC
Zarko1 wrote: cook in coconut oil and use the butter flavacol. Taste better then theatres.
Ah. I use the gold flavacol. I guess the green one is the butter one?

I cook using that orange coconut oil thing with my Whirly pop
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3756 posts
5751 upvotes
Langley, BC
Zarko1 wrote: cook in coconut oil and use the butter flavacol. Taste better then theatres.
I bought the Wabash Valley Farms - Real Theater Popping Oil - 15.25 oz which is tiny.

I also saw the Wabash Valley Farms - Real Theater Coconut Popping Oil - 30 oz which is double the size and the same price.

Same ingredients apparently? What’s the difference?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)