Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

150$ Off - Eufy by Anker, RoboVac G30 Hybrid, Robot Vacuum with Smart Dynamic Navigation 2.0, 2-in-1 Sweep and mop

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2021 2:31 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2014
31 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] 150$ Off - Eufy by Anker, RoboVac G30 Hybrid, Robot Vacuum with Smart Dynamic Navigation 2.0, 2-in-1 Sweep and mop

Posted on amazon - was about to purchase the Roomba i3 but saw this thing so I assumed I'd take the plunge considering it has both vacuum and mop (water only no cleaning solution recommended).

If anyone has opinions or comparisons any feedback is appreciated!
6 replies
Aug 28, 2014
494 posts
743 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Great price. If I didn't get the entry level model recently I could have jumped on this. Great find!

My entry level 30c ignores the boundary strips and keeps getting stuck under my bed.
Nov 26, 2020
25 posts
30 upvotes
We recently bought a similar robotVac (Deebot Ozmo 920) from Costco that mops and vacuums, it was on sale for $500 (reg $800). In just over a month we have used it 107 times, cleaning 1958 m2 and been running +34hrs!!

The Eufy is a pretty good deal for $400 and gets good reviews but it is missing a few features that you might want to look for elsewhere. First the mop is a bit of a gimmick for any of these robot vacuums. The robot itself is light and the mop is just a wet cloth passing lightly over the floor. Great for wiping up cat tracks but for the most part I only use it as a first pass when I'm mopping myself. It won't replace mopping but makes it a bit easier whereas the vacuum mode will replace day to day sweeping and vacuuming. So the biggest problem with the Eufy mopping feature is it doesn't differentiate between carpets and hardwood so if you have a lot of carpets mixed with hardwood it seems like the mop would be useless.

The biggest thing I think the Eufy is missing is the ability to use the map to only vacuum or mop certain rooms or areas. I find this feature to be invaluable as we don't always want to vacuum the whole house and using the magnetic strips as no go zones sounds like a big hassle. So not as good a navigation system as some of the other competitors. For $400 its not bad but if you have lots of different rooms and want to control what parts of the house it cleans I'd look at something else. Roborock and Deebot both use LIDAR and get really good reviews, just wait to find one on sale.
[OP]
Jan 20, 2014
31 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Case333 wrote: We recently bought a similar robotVac (Deebot Ozmo 920) from Costco that mops and vacuums, it was on sale for $500 (reg $800). In just over a month we have used it 107 times, cleaning 1958 m2 and been running +34hrs!!

The Eufy is a pretty good deal for $400 and gets good reviews but it is missing a few features that you might want to look for elsewhere. First the mop is a bit of a gimmick for any of these robot vacuums. The robot itself is light and the mop is just a wet cloth passing lightly over the floor. Great for wiping up cat tracks but for the most part I only use it as a first pass when I'm mopping myself. It won't replace mopping but makes it a bit easier whereas the vacuum mode will replace day to day sweeping and vacuuming. So the biggest problem with the Eufy mopping feature is it doesn't differentiate between carpets and hardwood so if you have a lot of carpets mixed with hardwood it seems like the mop would be useless.

The biggest thing I think the Eufy is missing is the ability to use the map to only vacuum or mop certain rooms or areas. I find this feature to be invaluable as we don't always want to vacuum the whole house and using the magnetic strips as no go zones sounds like a big hassle. So not as good a navigation system as some of the other competitors. For $400 its not bad but if you have lots of different rooms and want to control what parts of the house it cleans I'd look at something else. Roborock and Deebot both use LIDAR and get really good reviews, just wait to find one on sale.
Hey thanks for the informative response - does anyone have any information on past sales for either of these units.

For reference I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so theres just the livingroom, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom!
Mar 17, 2020
30 posts
31 upvotes
Case333 wrote: We recently bought a similar robotVac (Deebot Ozmo 920) from Costco that mops and vacuums, it was on sale for $500 (reg $800). In just over a month we have used it 107 times, cleaning 1958 m2 and been running +34hrs!!

I also have the ozmo 920 and it is excellent. I agree the mopping is mostly for light usage, it's not super effective. As a vacuum it's excellent.

I agree that no-go lines/room select are kind of a must have. If you don't you have to prep your whole house/apartment. It's especially nice because if you make a small mess you can also do a custom vacuum of a small selected area.

Roborock are definitely excellent but not great to find in Canada. Bestbuy 3rd party sellers have them, so do some other websites that are banned on this forum.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2575 posts
986 upvotes
I can't comment on this particular model but I have an older eufy robo vac as well as a shark vac (non robot). It's absolutely incredible to me how much dust and dirt remains in the carpet after the robo vac has gone over it. I let the robo vac clean and then go over it with the shark and the shark has multiple containers of dirt removed over the same area.

These are interesting but at least the one I have just isn't a good enough vacuum to actually clean. It picks up surface things only.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)