Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$16.99~Wireless Mechanical Keyboard, DAREU 2.4G TKL Computer Keyboard with Aluminum Alloy Panel

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2022 6:23 am
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24782 posts
32509 upvotes
recordman wrote: I'm a kb hoarder (have 10+), but this is my first mechanical. I hope this kb is good for office work too.
I'm not buying it for office work, these things are just too loud and there's no numpad.

Everyone else, enjoy.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23355 posts
4812 upvotes
Niagara Falls
frugalfruit wrote: Shoulder pain. When you move your hand horizontally from KB to mouse hundreds of times per day, year after year, you develop chronic pain in the shoulder.

The modern ergonomic recommendation is to minimize the lateral movement of the hand, hence TKL keyboards.
I mean, I'd buy this more than. It having enough desk space, but you're still doing the movement. Is the recommendation to minimize lateral movement all together or just reduce the distance?

If you're really looking to reduce lateral movement, probably should just get better with the tab key, or find a keyboard with a nub and illuminate the mouse all together.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4993 posts
2212 upvotes
Vancity
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'm not buying it for office work, these things are just too loud and there's no numpad.

Everyone else, enjoy.
I don't mind the loudness as I WFH. I miss the feel of the old IBM/Fujitsu kb's, and I hope this one is similar. I have a separate wireless numpad if I need it, but I've got used to not using it. My kb tray has small width, so a normal size kb won't be that convenient.
signature closed for renovation
Apr 1, 2021
216 posts
364 upvotes
coletrain2 wrote: Limited desk space, and more mousepad space needed for FPS games, Just to name a couple
I always thought it was a coding aesthetic to go TKL. this one is also good for on the go, you can fit in your backpack at ease. good for travelling
Feb 11, 2016
530 posts
415 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: I mean, I'd buy this more than. It having enough desk space, but you're still doing the movement. Is the recommendation to minimize lateral movement all together or just reduce the distance?

If you're really looking to reduce lateral movement, probably should just get better with the tab key, or find a keyboard with a nub and illuminate the mouse all together.
Reduce the distance the hand travels. Of course, if you use the same applications daily, it is better to learn keyboard short cuts and minimize the use of mouse.

For example, many computer programmers exclusively use the KB by developing custom KB macros as it is both faster and reduces of chance of developing RSI.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24782 posts
32509 upvotes
recordman wrote: I don't mind the loudness as I WFH. I miss the feel of the old IBM/Fujitsu kb's, and I hope this one is similar. I have a separate wireless numpad if I need it, but I've got used to not using it. My kb tray has small width, so a normal size kb won't be that convenient.
In a shared office, not WFH, this isn't really viable. Trust me from experience, the noise and lack of numpad are problems for many office users.

That said, this is a winning option for many RFDers, and people are giving OP too much grief.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16847 posts
5317 upvotes
Markham
promo code is only good for one
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sep 7, 2006
89 posts
116 upvotes
coolwarm wrote: Because keyboard is inexpensive these days. I saw red switch Bluetooth RGB rechargeable wireless for less than 25 before. I shared a post with many selections before, but Mod deleted it as they are not well known brands.
Hey Coolwarm would you be able to reply with the keyboards you posted before? Cheap Bluetooth mechanical keyboards are rare and I'd like to set an alert on the ones you mentioned.

Thank you
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2745 posts
1357 upvotes
kingsford wrote: The RFD crowd seems to downvote any Amazon deal involving an unknown brand. It doesn't matter how good the reviews are, and how low the price is, it's just an auto downvote for many.
Have you been on Reddit? Downvoting is even worse than on RFD. There downvotes are malicious but RFD is also plagued by the Reddit effect. Personally, I think only upvotes should be allowed, if any voting.
Jan 24, 2011
885 posts
718 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Is there any hack that makes this keyboard compatible with unify receiver ? Cause my NUC has a limited usb port and don't want to buy a usb hub.
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 18$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Dec 2, 2016
420 posts
577 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: I've used a keyboard enough to know in fact that I will indeed miss a numpad.

The easy answer it to look for a different keyboard, and I absolutely do, I just do not understand the desire to remove a numpad. Lets not pretend this is some highend keyboard where the microsecond of a keystroke is going to count in some online FPS, cause it's not.

What do you think the percentage of people is that don't have enough space for a numbpad on their desk?
Well, in my house it's 100% lol

I don't understand why people can get so upset that choice exists in the world. I work at a bank, I know what a numpad is good for, and when I can go without. Buy yourself a nice keyboard with a numpad and let everyone else live their lives man.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3978 posts
1356 upvotes
YWG
What's the difference other than price?
Images
  • Screenshot_20220924-212549_Chrome.jpg
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3811 posts
1777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks ordered the black-brown switches
Aug 23, 2012
132 posts
284 upvotes
Montreal
Triad wrote: What's the difference other than price?
Red switch vs. Blue switch. From previous Amazon reviews, they said "Black" without any suffix is blue switch.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3978 posts
1356 upvotes
YWG
marperson wrote:
Red switch vs. Blue switch. From previous Amazon reviews, they said "Black" without any suffix is blue switch.
Picked up a black red. Ain't no black pink but it'll suffice.
Thx for quick reply.
Wanted to try white Reds but I eat while typing Thinking Face
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Jan 21, 2022
3 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for finding the deal OP! Got ourselves a white with red switches, use it until my epomaker kit comes! I'm assuming the switches are soldered on right?
Nov 22, 2021
176 posts
329 upvotes
frugalfruit wrote:
Shoulder pain. When you move your hand horizontally from KB to mouse hundreds of times per day, year after year, you develop chronic pain in the shoulder.

The modern ergonomic recommendation is to minimize the lateral movement of the hand, hence TKL keyboards.

Don't mean to sound like an idiot. But than how do you type numbers ? Keypad on a mouse ? You have to reach your hand over to the top row anyways.
Last edited by Tech187 on Sep 24th, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)