Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $17 - 2 Pack, Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link (HS103P2)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 11:11 pm
[OP]
Feb 24, 2016
88 posts
695 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Amazon.ca] $17 - 2 Pack, Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link (HS103P2)

Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link (HS103P2) - Smart Home WiFi Outlet Works with Alexa, Echo and Google Home, No Hub Required, Remote Control, 2.4GHz WiFi Required, 12 Amp, UL Certified, 2-Pack

Was: $22.99
Deal Price: $16.99 Prime FREE Delivery
You Save: $6.00 (26%)

About this item
Voice control: Kasa smart plugs that work with Alexa and Google Home Assistant. Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling any home electronic appliances with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
Smart Outlet Control from anywhere: Turn electronics on and off your smart home devices from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation
Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your WiFi smart plug to automatically turn on and off any home electronic appliances such as lamps, fan, humidifier, Christmas lights, etc
Easy set up and use: 2.4GHz WiFi connection required. Plug in, open the Kasa app, follow the simple instructions and enjoy. System Requirements: Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 10 or higher
Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley. Kasa is trusted by over 4 Million users and being the reader’s choice for PCMag 2020. UL certified for safety use
TP-Link offers 2 year manufacturer warranty and free technical support
Thread Summary
See how the Kasa stacks up to others in RFD Reviews' list of the best smart plugs!
15 replies
Mar 27, 2021
91 posts
127 upvotes
This sale is so frequent I don't think there's a single RFDer without at least 4 of these.....

(i have 6 and the power bar)
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Jan 14, 2007
939 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
restartRFD wrote: This sale is so frequent I don't think there's a single RFDer without at least 4 of these.....

True, I have 4 and bought another set of 4 last week for $30.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2215 posts
1792 upvotes
BC
rajojomanik wrote: True, I have 4 and bought another set of 4 last week for $30.
4 pack oos sold from Amazon so this is the next best price
Dec 27, 2011
137 posts
127 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Anyone in Edmonton want a brand new set for 1/2 price? I bought a set and they will not connect to my network. They get a DHCP address from my router, but the app never updates to show them. Tried for over an hour and just gave up. I ain't got no time for that poop! The cheapy $10 merkury ones from Walmart work without a headache!
Sep 16, 2011
335 posts
258 upvotes
Lethbridge
travellerw wrote: Anyone in Edmonton want a brand new set for 1/2 price? I bought a set and they will not connect to my network. They get a DHCP address from my router, but the app never updates to show them. Tried for over an hour and just gave up. I ain't got no time for that poop! The cheapy $10 merkury ones from Walmart work without a headache!
Out of curiosity, do you have Linksys gear? There's a few Amazon reviews that said it won't connect to Linksys stuff, which seems really weird to me.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5996 posts
2162 upvotes
Toronto
restartRFD wrote: This sale is so frequent I don't think there's a single RFDer without at least 4 of these.....

Wrong! I'm poor and I only have 1.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10881 posts
5115 upvotes
I have 5, 3 of these and 2 of the bigger energy monitoring ones and never have a use for them. At Christmas time our lights are used with them but the rest of the year they sit alot not being used.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Mar 25, 2013
521 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Great plugs. I have a ton of Kasa stuff. Light switches, plugs, bulbs, outdoor plugs. Work very well
DroidKid
Dec 27, 2011
137 posts
127 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Nope.. Asus..

I spent some more time today and nothing I do seems to make them show up in the app.. Its super frustrating.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1255 posts
762 upvotes
I have some CE smart ones from Costco that I haven't opened yet. Would these be better?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14544 posts
8481 upvotes
Southern Ontario
travellerw wrote: Nope.. Asus..

I spent some more time today and nothing I do seems to make them show up in the app.. Its super frustrating.
I could not add them when I started reaching 50 devices on my AC86U, many 2.4 smart devices. I now divide my IoT devices between 2 routers, and dedicate our non-IoT that can do 5GHz only on 5GHz.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14544 posts
8481 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Mmagic888 wrote: I have some CE smart ones from Costco that I haven't opened yet. Would these be better?
Functionally the same, I have both, although I have other Kasa devices and think Kasa is a more polished company.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1255 posts
762 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: I could not add them when I started reaching 50 devices on my AC86U, many 2.4 smart devices. I now divide my IoT devices between 2 routers, and dedicate our non-IoT that can do 5GHz only on 5GHz.
Do you just run 2 lan cables to the modem or a 2nd router runs off the 1st router? Also, does Alexa need to be on the same router as the smart device in order to be able to control them?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14544 posts
8481 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Mmagic888 wrote: Do you just run 2 lan cables to the modem or a 2nd router runs off the 1st router? Also, does Alexa need to be on the same router as the smart device in order to be able to control them?
I sold my AC86U. My N66U 2nd router, different LAN address, is wired to the main router, an AX86U. The four bands (2.4GHz x2, 5GHz x2) are all on separate channels and different from the neighbours. The Echo devices (Alexa) can be on any router and they can control all the devices regardless which router they are connected to.

If you have an iMac or MacBook, clicking the apple symbol "About This Mac" > System Report > Network > Wifi... will show all the channels being used around you.

I am also running a US VPN on the 2nd router to gain US streaming content. My lesser known IoT devices are on that router. Not sure that's necessary, it's just my personal preference for security.
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/p ... t-security
Nov 25, 2003
643 posts
280 upvotes
Has anyone tried to use the Ikea smart button (or any smart button) with Kasa?