Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

$17 - EBL 9V Batteries(5-Count) 280 mAh with 5-Slot Individual USB Battery Charger for 9V Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2021 9:36 pm
[OP]
Feb 24, 2016
93 posts
766 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Amazon.ca] $17 - EBL 9V Batteries(5-Count) 280 mAh with 5-Slot Individual USB Battery Charger for 9V Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery

Size : 9v NIMH battery charger + 5*280mAh 9v NIMH battery
Number of batteries 5 9V batteries required. (included)
Brand EBL
Battery cell composition NiMH
About this item

Individual Fast Charger: Independent charging slot, you can charge 1-5pcs 9V Ni-MH battery individually
Convenient USB & LED Charger: DC 5V/1A Micro USB Input, convenient and portable, worldwide usage; LED shows charging progress status: Red - charging, Green - fully charged
Multiple Protections: With -∆V cut-off and MCU control, the charger provides constant current and constant voltage to protect you batteries from over current and over voltage, overheat over charger and short circuit
EBL 9V Ni-MH Precharged Batteries: Specially designed for household devices like smoke alarms, digital cameras, game controllers, toys, clocks and medical devices, etc.
Packages: EBL 9V 280mAh Ni-MH Batteries (5 Counts), EBL 9V Ni-MH 9V Battery Charger x1, Battery Storage Case x1, Micro USB cable x1, User Manual x1

Special offers and product promotions

Save 50% each on EBL 9V Batteries(5 Count)with 5 Slot USB Battery Charger(ASIN:B086V4Y12S) offered by EBL official when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code EMWZMCJ5 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Order Summary
Items: $33.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$17.00

Total before tax: $16.99
Estimated GST/HST: $0.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST: $0.00
Total: $16.99
23 replies
Mar 8, 2015
691 posts
2651 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Great Deal....Thanks OP
bought 8 pack AAA along with charger of the same brand last week.
Sep 8, 2007
447 posts
227 upvotes
Anyone used these with smoke detectors before?
Mar 8, 2015
691 posts
2651 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TCB069 wrote: Anyone used these with smoke detectors before?
as per Amazon reviewer it does not work in detectors ..

Not meant for my smoke detectors
Reviewed in Canada on August 9, 2020
Size : 9v NIMH battery charger + 5*280mAh 9v NIMH batteryVerified Purchase
I ordered these because my landlord was not supplying me with batteries as required by law.
I loaded up my smoke detector and it just keeps going off on me???
My smoke detectors aren't even a year old...
Mar 11, 2008
421 posts
883 upvotes
London
Depends on use, but there are rechargable 9v with more power. I use the Enegon 650mAh (also on Amazon) ones in my helmet at work and the increased capacity means it actually makes it through a shift. Brand name rechargable 9v tend to be the worst. If you don't want to recharge everytime you use them, I'd pay a little more for larger capacity IMHO
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5747 posts
7331 upvotes
As the other points out, the battery capacity is only 280mAh. I will buy at least 600mAh for the battery. For this reason, I buy this charger for only $4.49 (after 50% off code and $4 coupon). Besides, this charger takes USB-C, so it can charge batteries faster.

NOTE : see post#16 of this thread for better deal if you want the 600mAh battery

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08HRYZPQY

Btw, this assorted alkaline battery set with a flashlight for $14 (after 50% off code) seems a good price too. However, I have too many alkaline batteries at this moment, so I skip this deal.

https://www.amazon.ca/EBL-Alkaline-Batt ... B08ND5Q6G9
Last edited by lcmt on May 18th, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6746 posts
1327 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Just bought this but now I am wondering if 280 mAh is too little. It's mainly for the alarm clocks and weight scales around the house.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5747 posts
7331 upvotes
It depends on when or where you use it, not the item. If you use it during a power outage, outdoor or anywhere you cannot easily recharge it, then the larger the capacity the better.
number8888 wrote: Just bought this but now I am wondering if 280 mAh is too little. It's mainly for the alarm clocks and weight scales around the house.
Mar 5, 2012
644 posts
342 upvotes
Canada
Which batteries do you buy?
Feb 12, 2006
546 posts
632 upvotes
definitely a good deal for low draw devices. I briefly considered it for a few desk gadgets I have that still require 9V batteries, but to be honest everything these days has either some LiPo pack built in, or can be powered with 18650s etc.

still, good deal.
Feb 26, 2007
243 posts
278 upvotes
TCB069 wrote: Anyone used these with smoke detectors before?
I would only buy this for smoke detectors as well. But the 280 maH is terrible. It wouldn’t last long. Also somebody mentioned it didn’t work in theirs, so I’ll pass.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1259 posts
1313 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
280mAH sounds like a joke. It is like 10 times less than a standard AA.
Dec 24, 2017
834 posts
1824 upvotes
lel
canadianamigo13 wrote: as per Amazon reviewer it does not work in detectors ..

Not meant for my smoke detectors
Reviewed in Canada on August 9, 2020
Size : 9v NIMH battery charger + 5*280mAh 9v NIMH batteryVerified Purchase
I ordered these because my landlord was not supplying me with batteries as required by law.
I loaded up my smoke detector and it just keeps going off on me???
My smoke detectors aren't even a year old...
Are you me? I did this with the AA batteries for my nest smoke detector and they don't work. Why???

I just ordered the 9v hoping it would be different for smoke detectors but I guess not? I'll be canceling my order. Can anyone confirm why these don't work ?
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Nov 7, 2008
457 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver
Pingalino wrote: Are you me? I did this with the AA batteries for my nest smoke detector and they don't work. Why???

I just ordered the 9v hoping it would be different for smoke detectors but I guess not? I'll be canceling my order. Can anyone confirm why these don't work ?
It may have something to do with voltages, not just capacity. From this guy's experiences it seems that there's a bit of marketing BS mixed with truth and there's no clear answer probably because not all devices are the same. I know I had a old digital camera that generally didn't work with rechargeable AA batteries since those tend to operate at a lower voltage of 1.2 volts per cell compared to 1.5 volts per disposable alkaline. Maybe some smoke detectors are made to run on higher voltages or you need slightly more special batteries like low self discharge rechargeables or something.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5747 posts
7331 upvotes
Look at this person's review, although the review is for the Lithium-Ion 600mAh and Op is Ni-MH 280mAh, I believe the idea is the same
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... VBPYJX64DQ
Pingalino wrote: Are you me? I did this with the AA batteries for my nest smoke detector and they don't work. Why???

Zerosystem wrote: It may have something to do with voltages, not just capacity. From this guy's experiences it seems that there's a bit of marketing BS mixed with truth and there's no clear answer probably because not all devices are the same. I know I had a old digital camera that generally didn't work with rechargeable AA batteries since those tend to operate at a lower voltage of 1.2 volts per cell compared to 1.5 volts per disposable alkaline. Maybe some smoke detectors are made to run on higher voltages or you need slightly more special batteries like low self discharge rechargeables or something.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14094 posts
4718 upvotes
RFD
lcmt wrote: OK. This is better deal. You get 5 x 600mAh batteries, but you only need to pay a little more - $18.88. (with 50% code TUHIUI5E)

https://www.amazon.ca/POWXS-Rechargeabl ... B08BZ2BQFY

If you still want 5 x 280mAh batteries, it is only $13.9 (with 50% code TUHIUI5E)

https://www.amazon.ca/POWXS-Rechargeabl ... B08BZ2YHZ6
First link is a solid deal if they are legit 600mah
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5747 posts
7331 upvotes
It is not just the difference in capacity. 600mAh is Li-Ion and 280mah is Ni-MH. The charger will charge the Li-Ion battery faster.

About product(Charger):
Input: DC 5V 1A
Output: Li-ion 250mA ; Ni-MH/Ni-CD 90mAh

radeonboy wrote: First link is a solid deal if they are legit 600mah
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14094 posts
4718 upvotes
RFD
lcmt wrote: It is not just the difference in capacity. 600mAh is Li-Ion and 280mah is Ni-MH. The charger will charge the Li-Ion battery faster.

About product(Charger):
Input: DC 5V 1A
Output: Li-ion 250mA ; Ni-MH/Ni-CD 90mAh
Oh I understand you, don't disagree with you there. I bought the first link.