Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

18.99 - UGreen (Apple MFi) USB-C to Lightning Cable (Fast Charge)

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 5:45 am
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON

[Amazon.ca] 18.99 - UGreen (Apple MFi) USB-C to Lightning Cable (Fast Charge)

Inb4 you can get cheap cables for 2$, those won't support PD/Fast Charge which is basically the only reason to get USB-C to Lightning in the first place

This is the cheapest MFi USB-C cable currently available, compare with:
$36 - Scosche
$27 - Anker
$25 - Apple, Mophie, Belkin

Obviously still expensive for a cable, hopefully Apple switches rest of devices from lightning soon
11 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Can’t u get this on eBay for couple bux. Especially back wen they had 3off code to abuse
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
mikka2017 wrote: Can’t u get this on eBay for couple bux. Especially back wen they had 3off code to abuse
overtask wrote: Inb4 you can get cheap cables for 2$, those won't support PD/Fast Charge which is basically the only reason to get USB-C to Lightning in the first place
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I haven't tried them, but CanadaComputers has some UGreen products in-store and the quality seems decent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Gonna wait for prices to drop
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
Rumour has it that Apple charges double for the USB-C MFi chips, so $US 8 for the manufacturer, unless Apple cuts the price down they won't really be much cheaper
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, picked one up. Now I can just take my MacBook 30 Watt USB-C charger for both my MacBook and my iDevices for short trips.

This will work well for my iPad Pro 10.5". Less necessary for my iPhone 7 Plus though.
overtask wrote: Rumour has it that Apple charges double for the USB-C MFi chips, so $US 8 for the manufacturer, unless Apple cuts the price down they won't really be much cheaper
Apple doesn’t charge US$4 for the USB 2 Lightning chips anymore. As of last year at least, apparently it has been possible to manufacture and ship complete MFi certified cables in bulk for 20-25 RMB each, which works out to US$2.91-$3.64. Again, that’s for the complete cables, not just the chip, and includes the transportation costs out of China.
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
Also picked up this Anker 30w for 25$, might be useful
EugW wrote: Thanks, picked one up. Now I can just take my MacBook 30 Watt USB-C charger for both my MacBook and my iDevices for short trips.

This will work well for my iPad Pro 10.5". Less necessary for my iPhone 7 Plus though.

Apple doesn’t charge US$4 for the USB 2 Lightning chips anymore. As of last year at least, apparently it has been possible to manufacture and ship complete MFi certified cables in bulk for 20-25 RMB each, which works out to US$2.91-$3.64. Again, that’s for the complete cables, not just the chip, and includes the transportation costs out of China.
The rumour I heard was when they just opened up the MFi programme for USB-C late last year, maybe they cut the price for the old chips once that started?
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
For those interested, received the cable, no issues with fast charge. Quality/finish identical to OEM cables - not necessarily a good thing if you're worried about durability.
Feb 11, 2018
55 posts
6 upvotes
Yes, If It is not MFI Certified, I think it will not set such high price.