Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $19.99+tax :LE LED Strip Lights Kit, 16.4ft RGB LED Light Strips, Color Changing Light Strip with Remote Control

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2020 11:32 pm
[OP]
Dec 2, 2019
43 posts
121 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $19.99+tax :LE LED Strip Lights Kit, 16.4ft RGB LED Light Strips, Color Changing Light Strip with Remote Control

I was looking for some RGB LED strips and found these ones at Amazon.

Looks like it has got a lot of review (paid/fake/real ?)

Has anyone here used these ones ? Or if anyone has better deals/suggestions, please let me know (I am not looking for expensive brand name ones, looking to get these under $30).

Also, found something sold by IKEA as well, but it is not exactly the similar product though. Anyone using these ?
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/ledberg-le ... gJk0fD_BwE
13 replies
Aug 23, 2010
790 posts
221 upvotes
I have these ones and they are great. Remote works well and they give off a decent amount of light.
Oct 2, 2015
313 posts
140 upvotes
Outremont, QC
These low end LED strips are all the same product. Literally. They are wholesaled Chinese electronics being white labelled with random fake brands. The packaging you receive may not even have the so-called brand mentioned in it (i.e. drop shipped from manufacturer via Alibaba) and the branding in the photos is 6 minutes of photoshop. There are a few flavors (Wifi enabled, bluetooth enabled, music pulse feature enabled) and prices/"deals" come and go but that's all there is to it.

Hot Deals just isn't the right place for this.
Oct 23, 2014
292 posts
74 upvotes
Brampton, ON
If you’re going to get these invest a bit of money and get the dreamcolor ones so much better then the rgb. IMO

“Gotta pay to play”
Jul 5, 2008
400 posts
128 upvotes
I have a similar strip on my RV that I used to replace the OE LED awning lighting. Has been working fine for over 3 years now. I used 3m tape to hold it in place rather than trust the adhesive on the strip.

This is pretty much the regular price so it's not a hot deal.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2019
43 posts
121 upvotes
Rustycage wrote: I have these ones and they are great. Remote works well and they give off a decent amount of light.
Thanks.

Maybe, I will try the one you suggested (this one is also having 2000+ reviews).

I just wonder how these products are getting so many (positive) reviews ? Is there something I am missing ? Are they paid/fake reviews ?
Oct 20, 2013
947 posts
313 upvotes
Chambly, QC
It works fine.
You have to hide it and to don’t trust the adhesive.
Otherwise it’s working how it’s supposed to.
Great for RV.
I use one to light my gun’s locker.
Aug 14, 2010
84 posts
12 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
RobertRabbit wrote: It works fine.
You have to hide it and to don’t trust the adhesive.
Otherwise it’s working how it’s supposed to.
Great for RV.
I use one to light my gun’s locker.
I've yet to use an LED strip with good tape

Always have had to use a gluegun to set it
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1452 posts
635 upvotes
MB
Prodigy94 wrote: If you’re going to get these invest a bit of money and get the dreamcolor ones so much better then the rgb. IMO

“Gotta pay to play”

I Agree, I got these last week for $25.49, now they are $30. These are waterproof any have way more features on the app, multiple colors at the same time and they react to music. I would get better tape if you want it to stick and if you don't want to damage the surface you are sticking it to put on painters tape first and then stick the lights onto that.

Your text to link here...

Jan 29, 2005
449 posts
112 upvotes
Thanks for the links. Some of these seem to require a bluetooth connection to be controlled and others provide an included remote.
I'm curious if these devices retain the colour settings in a way which allows them to turned on with a light switch (or a wifi AC switch).

I realize there are wifi capable models, but these are cheaper :)

Thanks