Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$19 Dlyfull UT1 LCD micro-USB powered AA/AAA NiMh/NiCd charger analyzer (charge, discharge, test, cycle)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2022 5:38 pm
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon.ca] $19 Dlyfull UT1 LCD micro-USB powered AA/AAA NiMh/NiCd charger analyzer (charge, discharge, test, cycle)

Amazing little charger, I sold my bulky Maha a few years ago when I aquired a Panasonic BQ-CC55 but was looking for a way to test my older Eneloops.

This charger is powered by micro USB and can be used in the car or with a powerbank.
Charges up to 1A per channel, discharge up to 0.5A.

Can charge, discharge, test and cycle
Test will charge, discharge/measure capacity then charge it back, if you charge at 0.75A+, it will discharge at 0.5A, otherwise <0.5A charge = 0.25A discharge

Comes with a small but proper multilingual (EN, DE, JP, CN) manual 60 pages thick lol
Has a little blue LED light at the bottom that "breaths" lets you know whether or not it is done without having to look at the screen.

I recommend <0.5C charge rate, eg:
2000mAh AA, charge at 0.75A with older cells, 1A if brand new.
2500mAh AA, charge at 1A
800mAh AAA, charge at 0.5A

I took it apart and it appears to be well built, with connectors and clean solder joints, PCB silkscreen actually says Dlyfull so they are the manufacturer and not just rebranding it.

Internal pictures https://imgur.com/a/eJh8daB

This charger hasn't been reviewed by https://lygte-info.dk yet but 2 others Dlyfull received good ratings

I also have an old Sanyo NC-MQH03 1h super quick charger (bundled by Costco with Eneloops in 2008) than can charge at 2A/1C but it tends to be critical with older batteries and cook them, liked the fact it can be powered with a cigarette lighter outlet but now I can probably retire it and use the UT1
Last edited by Daijoubu on Aug 5th, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2871 upvotes
nice, now if I can get a deal on a new 4-bay 18650/Multi charger (I'm looking at you XTAR VC4SL). I'd be all over it.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1699 posts
1088 upvotes
Have that exact one, works well. Paid a bit more back then, this is a great price!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2817 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto
Does this charge up completely discharged batteries?
Many "smart" chargers regard those as faulty batteries, and I'd have to take my non-smart charger and give it a slight boost before the smart charger will start taking it.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
jasonchewy wrote: Does this charge up completely discharged batteries?
Many "smart" chargers regard those as faulty batteries, and I'd have to take my non-smart charger and give it a slight boost before the smart charger will start taking it.
I have my doubts about it, you mean cell that reads 0V?
Nov 26, 2003
691 posts
640 upvotes
GTA
FYI, if you don't need the diagnostic features, Ikea has a 4 bay (individual charging channel) charger for $6.99:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/stenkol-ba ... -50506525/

Four individual charging channels allow you to charge 1 or up to 4 batteries at a time.

Suitable both for AA and AAA rechargeable NiMH batteries.

Turns off automatically when the batteries are fully charged, defective or too warm.

Equipped with indicator light – clearly shows the charging status.
Apr 6, 2007
291 posts
171 upvotes
Montreal
Kazushi wrote: nice, now if I can get a deal on a new 4-bay 18650/Multi charger (I'm looking at you XTAR VC4SL). I'd be all over it.
So, you would not buy this Dlyfull UT1? You are still looking for a deal on XTAR VC4SL, right? TIA
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2817 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: I have my doubts about it, you mean cell that reads 0V?
Yes.
Some smart charger have feature that says specifically it can charge up those batteries.
I have many smart charger already, but none of them do the 0V thing.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2871 upvotes
rlongo12 wrote: So, you would not buy this Dlyfull UT1? You are still looking for a deal on XTAR VC4SL, right? TIA
While the XTAR model I quoted can do Lithium batts as well as NiMH/NiCad- this Diyfull one cannot. Just similar products.

For me i.e. I would get a multi charger that can do Lithium batteries. If you don't use those in your daily life, then this will do fine for AA/AAAs.
Last edited by Kazushi on Aug 5th, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
stang wrote: FYI, if you don't need the diagnostic features, Ikea has a 4 bay (individual charging channel) charger for $6.99:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/stenkol-ba ... -50506525/

Four individual charging channels allow you to charge 1 or up to 4 batteries at a time.

Suitable both for AA and AAA rechargeable NiMH batteries.

Turns off automatically when the batteries are fully charged, defective or too warm.

Equipped with indicator light – clearly shows the charging status.
The IKEA charger is a slow/overnight one, if you're not in a hurry:

Code: Select all

Current  4pcs  3pcs  2pcs  1pc
AA/HR6   0.35A 0.46A 0.70A 0.70A
AAA/HR03 0.20A 0.27A 0.40A 0.40A
8 hours to charge 4xAA 2450mAh cells, this one can do it in 1/3 of the time in under 3 hours at 1A charge rate
2000mAh cells will take 6 hours vs 2-3 hours depending if you choose 0.75 or 1A charge rate

Ikea had a faster LADDA 1A charger but sadly discontinued
https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20C ... %20UK.html
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Thanks OP, I bought one.

Want to see if it does a better job than the Nitecore D4 I've been using for years. Wish it also supported 18650s, but not a deal breaker.
I have a lot of old black eneloops I want to check and see if they can be salvaged.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3481 posts
3863 upvotes
Antarctica
Is this an improvement over the old Kvartis charger from ikea? I don’t have any issues with that one but just curious.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Crichtonfan wrote: Is this an improvement over the old Kvartis charger from ikea? I don’t have any issues with that one but just curious.
The KVARTS is a good charger, -dV/dT termination, just slow, this charger can charge 3x faster if speed is important for you
Seems like the same specs as the current STENKOL charger but with different styling.

KVARTS:
AA 4 x 1.5V, 0.34A
AAA 4 x 1.5V, 0.22A

UT1
0.25A, 0.5A, 0.75A, 1A
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3481 posts
3863 upvotes
Antarctica
Daijoubu wrote: The KVARTS is a good charger, -dV/dT termination, just slow, this charger can charge 3x faster if speed is important for you
Seems like the same specs as the current STENKOL charger but with different styling.

KVARTS:
AA 4 x 1.5V, 0.34A
AAA 4 x 1.5V, 0.22A

UT1
0.25A, 0.5A, 0.75A, 1A
Thanks. I am ok with the speed, so I’ll keep using the KVARTS charger.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2053 posts
3032 upvotes
Airdrie
BobSagget wrote: Thanks OP, I bought one.

Want to see if it does a better job than the Nitecore D4 I've been using for years. Wish it also supported 18650s, but not a deal breaker.
I have a lot of old black eneloops I want to check and see if they can be salvaged.
I still mostly use my D4 for charging, I'd be curious if you think this is a worthy upgrade.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
So just to make sure I am using this right, I should be using the CYCLE mode when trying to revive old batteries, right?
The manual says the cycle mode will charge/discharge the batteries "many times". Does this stop on it's own after so many cycles?

I put 4 old eneloops in there and have it running in cycle mode, but not sure if I have to do anything else or can even tell it's working (as you can tell, I am an amateur with this stuff).
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
BobSagget wrote: So just to make sure I am using this right, I should be using the CYCLE mode when trying to revive old batteries, right?
The manual says the cycle mode will charge/discharge the batteries "many times". Does this stop on it's own after so many cycles?

I put 4 old eneloops in there and have it running in cycle mode, but not sure if I have to do anything else or can even tell it's working (as you can tell, I am an amateur with this stuff).
To answer my own question, it does stop on it's own. Let it run for like 24 hours and now today I see it says "END" for a few of the black AA eneloops I had in there. Sadly, they still show 0mAh after running the CYCLE mode for so long, so I am guessing they are toast.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
What kind of power supply does this need though? To charge 4 cells @ 1A, I'd imagine you're looking at around 7W at least? The back of the device is pictured but the power ratings are blocked out...by the front of the device lol. What happens if you use a lesser USB port/adapter? Like say one only capable of 500mA or something? Does it burn up the adapter/port or does it not allow that high-current a charge?

Seems like one should have a USB adapter capable of reliable 1.5A constant-current delivery if you want to have it actually charge at max current on four batteries.
Oct 30, 2019
269 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: What kind of power supply does this need though? To charge 4 cells @ 1A, I'd imagine you're looking at around 7W at least? The back of the device is pictured but the power ratings are blocked out...by the front of the device lol. What happens if you use a lesser USB port/adapter? Like say one only capable of 500mA or something? Does it burn up the adapter/port or does it not allow that high-current a charge?

Seems like one should have a USB adapter capable of reliable 1.5A constant-current delivery if you want to have it actually charge at max current on four batteries.
The box says input should be 5V @ 2A, so 10W.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Off topic, what's a good reliable NiMH/Lithium combo charger these days? This seems like a good cheap NiMH one but these days, I'm charging Lithiums just as often.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)