• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2021 3:37 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5021 posts
1382 upvotes
Toronto
Very tempting.

Which streaming service is the digital code for?
Sep 1, 2015
579 posts
743 upvotes
Any bilingual packaging or identical to US version?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12035 posts
2187 upvotes
Mississauga
brunes wrote: Wow, TIL that Crave does not do 4K. I guess another good reason for me to not subscribe to it...
Even if it did, 4K streaming pales in comparison to the physical version.
boyohboy wrote: Very tempting.

Google Play
Jun 26, 2010
712 posts
428 upvotes
Vancouver
brunes wrote: Wow, TIL that Crave does not do 4K. I guess another good reason for me to not subscribe to it...
Not only that, Crave doesn't even do 5.1 audio. It's all stereo.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4782 posts
1980 upvotes
Ancaster
shabbydog wrote: Not only that, Crave doesn't even do 5.1 audio. It's all stereo.
Crave is hot garbage. I remember it wasn't even doing 720p for the final season of Game of Thrones.
Banned
Dec 23, 2020
3 posts
This movie was amazing. Really felt like you were there with them.
[OP]
May 5, 2006
150 posts
186 upvotes
Ottawa
baz5 wrote: 8.3IMDB 89% Rotten Tomatoes 78% metacritic 92% Google users like it. Obviously op thought it was meh, but the overwhelming majority thought it was a great movie.
Just a minor correction : OP loved the movie and placed an order this morning before putting up the deal on RFD. Someone else mentioned it was meh Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Aug 19, 2013
109 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
brunes wrote: Can't you stream this on HBO Max or Crave in 4K?
No. Also streaming 4K quality is inferior to disc quality due to compression.
Aug 19, 2013
109 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: Crave is hot garbage. I remember it wasn't even doing 720p for the final season of Game of Thrones.
Oh crave is absolutely it.
I even paid for HBO on Amazon thru a US VPN. Ended up buffering so much just downloaded the episode 5 mins after it started and watched it without buffer and quality drop even though I paid for it.
Video streaming industry have to get their things together and offer a comprehensive or modular service.

Edit: The movie is great though! Watch some of the behind the scenes as well.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41850 posts
6588 upvotes
Any signs of this coming to Amazon Prime or Netflix in 5.1 / 4K?
Proud to be an Indian.
4782 posts
1980 upvotes
Ancaster
TooMiiiKaHh wrote: Oh crave is absolutely it.
I even paid for HBO on Amazon thru a US VPN. Ended up buffering so much just downloaded the episode 5 mins after it started and watched it without buffer and quality drop even though I paid for it.
Video streaming industry have to get their things together and offer a comprehensive or modular service.

Edit: The movie is great though! Watch some of the behind the scenes as well.
Streaming was supposed to set us free. Now you need like 4+ services to cover everything and it's lower bitrate and quality than a good 1080p blu-ray master in most cases. Sigh.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16954 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Any signs of this coming to Amazon Prime or Netflix in 5.1 / 4K?
It may come to Netflix but it probably won't be 4k, only 5.1.
Jan 23, 2016
35 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
when Rotten Tomatoes gives high score, there's very good chance this movie meh at best
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16954 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
boyohboy wrote: Very tempting.

Redeems to Google in HD even though the code is from a 4k disc. You need to get the USA 4k disc and redeem the code to Movies Anywhere or Vudu to get the 4k HDR digital stream.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1095 posts
866 upvotes
I thought it was a long drawn out movie and got kinda boring at points. Visuals were good but I see no reason to watch it again.
Oct 1, 2012
33 posts
20 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks, was keeping eve eye on this and pulled the trigger, along with the 4K Jaws 45th anniversary for 18.99
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41850 posts
6588 upvotes
audit13 wrote: It may come to Netflix but it probably won't be 4k, only 5.1.
Hmm. That’s still fine with me haha.

I could buy but I’d rather wait for it to be released. Didn’t see the movie yet and don’t want to feel it’s a waste spending that much only to find out I don’t like the movie.
Proud to be an Indian.
21 posts
25 upvotes
daikon wrote: when Rotten Tomatoes gives high score, there's very good chance this movie meh at best
Rotten Tomatoes is certainly useless as a ratings site. Its users are all over the place, and seem to rate movies based on extraneous variables (politics, memes etc.)

I find that IMDB users are very consistent in how they rate movies