Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

1kg 1.75mm Black PETG 3D Printer Filament $14.64

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2017 3:14 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 29, 2010
1020 posts
462 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] 1kg 1.75mm Black PETG 3D Printer Filament $14.64

Title says it all, this is by far the cheapest it has ever been. Ships in 2 - 4 weeks. Prime elgible.

Price has dropped again to $14.64!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B018MG4PF ... ref=plSrch
Last edited by allyourbase on Aug 6th, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
23 replies
Jr. Member
Aug 15, 2012
150 posts
88 upvotes
Winnipeg
Will give it a shot thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7231 posts
1563 upvotes
Toronto
PETG is a very general purpose filament. Stronger than ABS, slightly more warp than PLA. Layer to layer adhesion is much stronger than ABS/HIPS/PLA, this results in very strong and durable prints.

The bed adhesion of PETG is brutally strong, it takes pieces of your bed surface when you pull the print off. If you have a polycarbonate print surface, I would put some painter's tape on it, PETG on polycarbonate will ruin your polycarbonate surface if your bed level is not perfect.

This is a very good price for PETG, it is usually priced as a premium filament.

My goto filament now is HIPS, I only chose it over PETG because HIPS releases from the build surface very easily once it is cool.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
1974 posts
1544 upvotes
Vancouver
toalan wrote: PETG is a very general purpose filament. Stronger than ABS, slightly more warp than PLA. Layer to layer adhesion is much stronger than ABS/HIPS/PLA, this results in very strong and durable prints.

The bed adhesion of PETG is brutally strong, it takes pieces of your bed surface when you pull the print off. If you have a polycarbonate print surface, I would put some painter's tape on it, PETG on polycarbonate will ruin your polycarbonate surface if your bed level is not perfect.

This is a very good price for PETG, it is usually priced as a premium filament.

My goto filament now is HIPS, I only chose it over PETG because HIPS releases from the build surface very easily once it is cool.

I bout PLA from the last thread (for the best detail iirc), would this PETG be a good supplement for when I want to print mechanical parts?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
12289 posts
6074 upvotes
Would this work fine with the monoprice mini?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2009
610 posts
342 upvotes
surrey
Nice, my printer's heat bed is kinda weak and this apparently doesn't require a heated bed!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7231 posts
1563 upvotes
Toronto
cgg123321 wrote: I bout PLA from the last thread (for the best detail iirc), would this PETG be a good supplement for when I want to print mechanical parts?
I would guess that PETG compared to PLA/ABS/HIPS would be most suitable for mechanical stuff. Biggest issue I find with PLA is the low glass transition temperature, PETG/ABS/HIPS have a much higher glass transition temperature.

For this price, give PETG a shot, it will probably impress you like it impressed me.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7231 posts
1563 upvotes
Toronto
blazed16 wrote: Would this work fine with the monoprice mini?
You will have to experiment with your print settings for a bowden type extruder with PETG. It will work, I have tried it with my Prusa i3 which also has a bowden type extruder, I had to change my print temperature and retraction settings.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7231 posts
1563 upvotes
Toronto
Song44 wrote: Nice, my printer's heat bed is kinda weak and this apparently doesn't require a heated bed!
PETG does warp a little bit, for small prints I can see you getting away without a heat bed. I would guess that for anything larger than the size of your fist that it would peel off the heatbed and warp.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
3905 posts
2697 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: I am looking for some cheap 3d printer. where and what should I look at?
And I am looking for a fellow Toronto RFDer, that I could just pay to make me an occassional 3D item. Mostly drip trays and containers. PM me.
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2006
181 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal
beachlover wrote: And I am looking for a fellow Toronto RFDer, that I could just pay to make me an occassional 3D item. Mostly drip trays and containers. PM me.
Maybe you could look at 3D printing hubs and find someone close to you.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 16, 2007
6814 posts
579 upvotes
beachlover wrote: And I am looking for a fellow Toronto RFDer, that I could just pay to make me an occassional 3D item. Mostly drip trays and containers. PM me.
Library does it free too if i recall correctly. you gotta take a short class first.

I have a maker select but to be honest its so much harder to do a simple thing than it sounds, it never ends up just being press print haha. It's truly a nerd hobby
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 30, 2005
1000 posts
81 upvotes
i got the m3d printer...would this filament work?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
12289 posts
6074 upvotes
So whats a good already assembled printer between 300-500?

I know the monoprice mini but its oos
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
3905 posts
2697 upvotes
Toronto
xebbmw wrote: Maybe you could look at 3D printing hubs and find someone close to you.
Neat. However, I am not a computer guy. Just want to give a sketch, and some money, to someone that already knows what they are doing.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 3, 2007
636 posts
160 upvotes
EDM, AB
blazed16 wrote: So whats a good already assembled printer between 300-500?

I know the monoprice mini but its oos
Shows In Stock on the Monoprice website.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)