Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] 1TB Silicon Power A58 3D NAND SATA III 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - $114.99

[OP]
Banned
Aug 9, 2019
52 posts
221 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] 1TB Silicon Power A58 3D NAND SATA III 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - $114.99

Amazon has dropped the price of 1TB Silicon Power A58 3D NAND SATA III 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive to $114.99

Looks like a good deal for an SSD with 3 year warranty.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5757 posts
208 upvotes
if i want reliability, storage drive for downloads and backups, will this do fine for 10 years?
Newbie
Nov 22, 2018
35 posts
35 upvotes
I would wait until boxing week. This is not even considered a sale so the price might be the same from now on.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 28, 2008
2708 posts
3612 upvotes
Langley, BC
Is this a good brand? I'm looking for either a 1TB m.2 SSD or SATA SSD.

I can't decide between the one you posted and the WD Blue .m2 for 119
Member
Jun 7, 2011
209 posts
156 upvotes
Orangeville
fakishan wrote: if i want reliability, storage drive for downloads and backups, will this do fine for 10 years?
If you want something to save data, go with a HDD. If an SSD fails, all data is unrecoverable. With an HDD, there are companies that can recover the data for you.

This is more for boot/game libraries/data that if your drive fails it's no big deal.
Jr. Member
Aug 29, 2018
157 posts
141 upvotes
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but just in case: does anyone know of a reliable HDD, either 2.5'' or 3.5'', around 4TB capacity, at a decent price?
It's for storing pics, etc. Infrequent access.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5757 posts
208 upvotes
Pants536 wrote: If you want something to save data, go with a HDD. If an SSD fails, all data is unrecoverable. With an HDD, there are companies that can recover the data for you.

This is more for boot/game libraries/data that if your drive fails it's no big deal.
i would have another backup on HDD. this would be about cutting down the daily hard disk noise and faster zip extracting
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 26, 2012
740 posts
976 upvotes
Is this the same class as the Adata and Crucial drives that went on sale recently?
Member
Jun 7, 2011
209 posts
156 upvotes
Orangeville
fakishan wrote: i would have another backup on HDD. this would be about cutting down the daily hard disk noise and faster zip extracting
If that's the case, then go for it. It's a great price for an NVMe 1TB. Reliability should be pretty good on it as long as you don't bombard it with writes and rewrites.

I'm wrong, didn't click link. Drive has no DRAM, avoid it.
Last edited by Pants536 on Dec 12th, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2111 posts
1124 upvotes
GTA
Pants536 wrote: If that's the case, then go for it. It's a great price for an NVMe 1TB. Reliability should be pretty good on it as long as you don't bombard it with writes and rewrites.
It's not NVMe. It's a standard 2.5" SSD.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4327 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
This is a DRAM-less SSD for those who care.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
3712 posts
4811 upvotes
Montreal
fatcowxlive wrote: Is this the same class as the Adata and Crucial drives that went on sale recently?
No.
DRAMless
3-year warranty

Buy the Samsung 860 evo 500GB with a 5-year warranty at Staples for $65 after the Staples coupon and a separate traditional HDD if you need storage.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples ... n-2339049/
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
Member
Jun 7, 2011
209 posts
156 upvotes
Orangeville
Britex wrote: It's not NVMe. It's a standard 2.5" SSD.
That's what i get for not clicking the link.
Sr. Member
Feb 10, 2014
962 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
pbeutch wrote: I don't mean to hijack the thread, but just in case: does anyone know of a reliable HDD, either 2.5'' or 3.5'', around 4TB capacity, at a decent price?
It's for storing pics, etc. Infrequent access.
For reliability I would take a server/nas drive or even a hdd made for surveillance. Those are meant for long term, continuous use storage.

Top