Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

2 FHD Blink Mini Cameras–Compact indoor smart security camera- night vision, motion detection-$45

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 8:36 pm
Nov 23, 2017
182 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] 2 FHD Blink Mini Cameras–Compact indoor smart security camera- night vision, motion detection-$45

$44.98 (or if you are a prime member, 5 monthly payments of $9.00)

• 1080P HD indoor, plug-in security camera with motion detection and two way audio that lets you monitor the inside of your home day and night.
  • Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
  • Blink Mini includes a free trial of the Blink cloud storage subscription through September 2021.
  • See, hear, and speak to people and pets in your home on your smartphone with Blink Mini’s live view and two-way audio features (live view is not continuous).
  • Sets up in minutes – just plug in the camera, connect it to wifi, and add it to your Blink app.
  • For additional ease of use, pair Blink Mini with a supported Alexa-enabled device to engage live view, arm and disarm your camera, and more using just your voice.
  • 1080P HD indoor, plug-in security camera with motion detection and two way audio that lets you monitor the inside of your home day and night.
  • Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
  • Record, view, and save events in your Blink app with a free trial of the Blink Subscription Plan included with your purchase or save events locally to the Blink Sync Module 2 via a USB flash drive (sold separately).
  • See, hear, and speak to people and pets in your home on your smartphone with Blink Mini’s live view and two-way audio features (live view is not continuous).
  • Sets up in minutes – just plug in the camera, connect it to wifi, and add it to your Blink app.
  • For additional ease of use, pair Blink Mini with a supported Alexa-enabled device to engage live view, arm and disarm your camera, and more using just your voice.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best home security cameras!
27 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1390 posts
3640 upvotes
Be aware that these don't have continuous local recording to an SD card.
Mar 7, 2011
294 posts
339 upvotes
Calgary
lightbluelove wrote: [*]Blink Mini includes a free trial of the Blink cloud storage subscription through September 2021.
This seems useless
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
I had previously purchased 3 mini and now still with their never expired free trial for recording videos. Can I add 4 more cameras to the existing account and still record freely to their cloud storage? thanks
May 18, 2016
70 posts
35 upvotes
Brandon, MB
fatpandasneezes wrote: This seems useless

Everyone always confused about blink. The work around is you delete the camera -readds the free trial. Amazon work around to used equipment. Fyi

Ive tried the module to , it works if u get it cheap or as a bundle .funny think is for a amazon product works better on a stock android tablet with a blink app than any integrated amazon product and i tried them all. That 4k max is bunk as the pip is flakey .........

Btw bestbuy echo 5 , bulb and cam was only 60 bux with tax a steal recently
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
This the app that shuts off after a minute of recording?
May 18, 2016
70 posts
35 upvotes
Brandon, MB
mau_mau wrote: This the app that shuts off after a minute of recording?
No you can adjust the parameters such as recording length . stop on no motion etc. Enuff built into it to program any scenario. Works super awesome with routines and the camera sensors.

Get a echo 5 have a couple as. Speaker for cam updates/streaming .

Also get a few colored led bulbs for those cams and areas . some wicked trickery you can program light color changes to motion sensor trips. Green means someone at the front door , red side door etc . no computer or audio needed as it all light based camera updates.

You go deeper the wireless AA version are very impressive for a ulv device. Need a sync module but the portability and no outlet needed is super awesome.

I usee blink and amazon to built the jibhead5000 security system. Took a few contestant arrests to dial it in but jeff bezos hooked me up with a efficient amazon built 1 of a kind security system . highly recommended !! I watch on my tablet as the 1000 watt flood light goes off from complete darkness when the proximity sensor trips. The lolz
Apr 30, 2010
19 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
xuanzh wrote: I had previously purchased 3 mini and now still with their never expired free trial for recording videos. Can I add 4 more cameras to the existing account and still record freely to their cloud storage? thanks
Yes, you can. I just added 3 outdoor cameras and a sync module with the existing free cloud storage system.
Sep 26, 2009
199 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: Be aware that these don't have continuous local recording to an SD card.
Slightly true if you're buying this item by itself, however, if you own a Blink Sync Module 2, you can save the recordings via USB to the Sync Module.

I have an Outdoor Blink Cam that came with the Sync Module, so adding one of these Indoor Cams would still allow me to save it locally (ish, over Wifi)
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
2ndhere wrote: Yes, you can. I just added 3 outdoor cameras and a sync module with the existing free cloud storage system.
When did you first purchase the Blink? If it were before July 2020 then you will be on life time free storage... but anyone after that, it's either you fell into a loop hole called a perpetual "Blink Plus free trial" that has no expiry date, but once you add new devices now... this loophole will be closed. Can you confirm you first bought Blink after July 2020 and under Account: there is a line says "Covered by Blink Plus free trial" without expiry date?

Thank you
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1390 posts
3640 upvotes
jaydubayew wrote: Slightly true if you're buying this item by itself, however, if you own a Blink Sync Module 2, you can save the recordings via USB to the Sync Module.

I have an Outdoor Blink Cam that came with the Sync Module, so adding one of these Indoor Cams would still allow me to save it locally (ish, over Wifi)
From what I've read, the Sync Module only records events tied to detection. So, not continuous recording.
Apr 30, 2010
19 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
xuanzh wrote: When did you first purchase the Blink? If it were before July 2020 then you will be on life time free storage... but anyone after that, it's either you fell into a loop hole called a perpetual "Blink Plus free trial" that has no expiry date, but once you add new devices now... this loophole will be closed. Can you confirm you first bought Blink after July 2020 and under Account: there is a line says "Covered by Blink Plus free trial" without expiry date?

Thank you
My mistake, I bought it before July 2020.
Oct 19, 2006
752 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
My main need is the live video. Don’t really care about the recording. Not sure if this works
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
bb320 wrote: My main need is the live video. Don’t really care about the recording. Not sure if this works
Ya... all I need is app to notify me, then all i want to do is view camera. Don't need cloud anything. Is this possible with this camera?
Dec 26, 2010
374 posts
295 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: When did you first purchase the Blink? If it were before July 2020 then you will be on life time free storage... but anyone after that, it's either you fell into a loop hole called a perpetual "Blink Plus free trial" that has no expiry date, but once you add new devices now... this loophole will be closed. Can you confirm you first bought Blink after July 2020 and under Account: there is a line says "Covered by Blink Plus free trial" without expiry date?

Thank you
Were do you see this? I checked online and the date i am seeing in April 2020
I ordered mine external kits mid-June 2020 and i just purchased these indoor cams
Jul 23, 2007
173 posts
108 upvotes
vancouver
Anybody know if using this as a baby monitor is a good idea?

nm. Not a good idea lol.
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Paulie1RFD wrote: Ya... all I need is app to notify me, then all i want to do is view camera. Don't need cloud anything. Is this possible with this camera?
If you don't need online storage, videos viewback, then it's fine, you can view live views and any motions will trigger a reminder.

Though, this cam cannot store any footages to an SD card, and even with an extra Blink module 2 with an usb storage , you can only video the footages after plug in the usb storage into your computer, and there is no way you can view it through the app, unless you are a subscriber, as a subscriber, you will have access to 7200 seconds of cloud storage space etc.
Last edited by xuanzh on Dec 9th, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
nicktech wrote: Were do you see this? I checked online and the date i am seeing in April 2020
I ordered mine external kits mid-June 2020 and i just purchased these indoor cams
yes, then you are on their grandfathered plan that has forever(for now) access the cloud service etc, and adding extra cams won't suddenly render your account has an expiry trial.
Apr 16, 2013
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Surrey (Metro Van)+1…
tattashot wrote: Anybody know if using this as a baby monitor is a good idea?

nm. Not a good idea lol.
If you looking for enhanced features that a dedicated baby camera offers then no but if you are looking at as a unit to keep an eye on your baby then these work great. You can even talk to the baby with it.
RFD for life
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
xuanzh wrote: If you don't need online storage, videos viewback, then it's fine, you can view live views and any motions will trigger a reminder.

Though, this cam cannot store any footages to an SD card, and even with an extra Blink module 2 with an usb storage , you can only video the footages after plug in the usb storage into your computer, and there is no way you can view it through the app, unless you are a subscriber, as a subscriber, you will have access to 7200 seconds of cloud storage space etc.
Thanks for the info. These are a pass for me. I want to review recordings easily. Having to take usb stick out, and put it into another device is not good for me.