514 upvotes
YYC
Would jump on this if there was no V3 in existence lol
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
317 posts
828 upvotes
BensonNV wrote: Would jump on this if there was no V3 in existence lol
Kind of tired of the price gauging going on for v3 currently. The price is $19.99 usd all day everyday for US customer and it's $50+ cad for Canadians. After tax it became close to $60 for one v3. The taste that left in my mouth is just too sour to pay the 'latest and greatest' tax.

V2's community support is more matured at this point.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3853 posts
2619 upvotes
Ontario
V3 is just too amazing to use a V3 just because the awesome starlight sensor... Good thing about V2 is it does at least have Hacked and Legit RTSP Support where V3 has Either yet... They planned on adding it in but it's been what 6 months since release? I'm starting to think their purposely delaying to force their cloud crap.

If Only I can find a PoE Camera with a Same or Better Sensor I would pay more. When I say better I mean a sensor allows insane amount of light in to be able to see at night without the need of NV if there is enough Ambient light, clear sky, street light, house lights, etc.
---
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6900 posts
2874 upvotes
GTA
Bostic wrote: Kind of tired of the price gauging going on for v3 currently. The price is $19.99 usd all day everyday for US customer and it's $50+ cad for Canadians. After tax it became close to $60 for one v3. The taste that left in my mouth is just too sour to pay the 'latest and greatest' tax.

It already dropped to $43.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
317 posts
828 upvotes
cy wrote: It already dropped to $43.
Because of demand, now it's wyze v3 amazon $50.05 now

I can't support such practice. It's better to wait till things dies down a bit.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1702 posts
503 upvotes
$43 isn't much over what we ordinarily pay for v2.
Oct 7, 2017
741 posts
1211 upvotes
Bostic wrote: Kind of tired of the price gauging going on for v3 currently. The price is $19.99 usd all day everyday for US customer and it's $50+ cad for Canadians. After tax it became close to $60 for one v3. The taste that left in my mouth is just too sour to pay the 'latest and greatest' tax.

I see the V3 as $29.98 USD on Amazon.com? Which is equal to $37 CAD. We had them at $43 CAD just a few days ago. That's just the Canada tax, like it or not. Almost every tech company has it. All I can recommend is don't buy them at $50 or $60 or whatever. Just wait for them to drop so they will know that's the place to put them to sell.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6900 posts
2874 upvotes
GTA
Bostic wrote: Because of demand, now it's wyze v3 amazon $50.05 now

I can't support such practice. It's better to wait till things dies down a bit.
Welcome to the real world where supply and demand exists.

In a grand scheme of things, $20USD = $26CAD + shipping of let's say $10USD isn't too far off from $43CAD and I got it in one day backed by easy return from Amazon.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
317 posts
828 upvotes
cy wrote: you are welcome to move to the states.
It's a bit harsh and personal. But thats expected when posting a thread for all to critic.

IMO, I prefer to delay a bit on purchasing when price is unstable due to popular demand. The argument of don't buy it if you can't afford it or you gotta pay to play doesn't apply in my reasoning. Again, my opinion only. YMMV
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13592 posts
4107 upvotes
RFD
Why so mean? I think he just meant you can import it from Amazon USA like many have already done.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
317 posts
828 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Why so mean? I think he just meant you can import it from Amazon USA like many have already done.
Being asked to move out of country to save a couple buck did give me a few chcukle.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13592 posts
4107 upvotes
RFD
Bostic wrote: Being asked to move out of country to save a couple buck did give me a few chcukle.
Made no sense to me. SMH
Aug 27, 2006
443 posts
955 upvotes
GTA
I want to replace all my V2 cams, not buy more. Lol
But good deal.

All these RFD people clicking Amazon.ca Wyzecam v3 link are probably raising the price. :D

Wyze is currently setting up Canadian account.
So I'll wait.
Mar 6, 2019
150 posts
249 upvotes
Thanks for posting OP. I had ordered this 2-pack about a week ago, contacted customer service for a price adjustment which they told me they couldn't do.

Then, they offered a "one time exception" to refund me 50% of my original order which was 71.XX CAD.

Not sure how that math works out, but you ended up saving me 41$ with the taxes and all.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1364 posts
1525 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
cy wrote: Welcome to the real world where supply and demand exists.

In a grand scheme of things, $20USD = $26CAD + shipping of let's say $10USD isn't too far off from $43CAD and I got it in one day backed by easy return from Amazon.
People were group buying it and the total cost per camera was like $33 CAD. Not that high. Canada does really get gouged.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18629 posts
21255 upvotes
I think it's not too much to ask for V3. That said, I smile at comments like the one below.
I toss and turn every night, as I dream of it. Houston calls.

God only hopes Houston doesn't turn into another degenerate cesspool like a few nameless US cities at this point.

Stick with V3 folks, unless you're hacking your V2, in which case, go with V2.

God bless, gents.