Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

2 packs of 6.6 ft 100w usb C to C cable, $12.99 (after $3 off coupon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2021 11:03 pm
36 replies
Member
Mar 21, 2013
440 posts
363 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Apparently they are offering refunds in exchange for an "honest" review. If the first 4 star review is to be believed.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
5575 posts
5276 upvotes
No Bum Deals
knoxyouout wrote: Apparently they are offering refunds in exchange for an "honest" review. If the first 4 star review is to be believed.
The first rule of Amazon reviews is to never trust Amazon reviews.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24366 posts
31288 upvotes
Score is inflated, but this is in the 4.x / 5.0 territory. Good enough.

Not sure about the 90 degree kink, I realize it's suppose to be easier to connect. Not convinced.

Otherwise, a decent purchase.
.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1063 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have these, bought as I was refunded for am honest review. They actually told us to review for 3 days minimum and provide a legitimate review. So far no issues, it's been 3 or so weeks.
Sr. Member
Aug 22, 2012
732 posts
1106 upvotes
I have a different set of usb c cables from this company/brand and they are legit for super fast charging, bought these too for the angle. Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 2, 2001
5046 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
knoxyouout wrote: Apparently they are offering refunds in exchange for an "honest" review. If the first 4 star review is to be believed.
Nice... free cables lol
.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
5575 posts
5276 upvotes
No Bum Deals
l2iceman wrote: I have these, bought as I was refunded for am honest review. They actually told us to review for 3 days minimum and provide a legitimate review. So far no issues, it's been 3 or so weeks.
To be 'paid' for a review is still in dodge land IMO. You're going to be writing it knowing they are now free which will increase your happiness.
Usually with cables like these, they only last a short while before exhibiting issues, so your instant out of the box review does not reflect longevity. Most folks don't update reviews either.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Member
User avatar
Sep 16, 2011
498 posts
498 upvotes
Southern AB
knoxyouout wrote: Apparently they are offering refunds in exchange for an "honest" review. If the first 4 star review is to be believed.
Hmm. That said, I do have quite a few of their cables. They are honestly pretty good. I have not been paid in any way for a review.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
5575 posts
5276 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Last edited by pooper on Jul 18th, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3723 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto
l2iceman wrote: I have these, bought as I was refunded for am honest review. They actually told us to review for 3 days minimum and provide a legitimate review. So far no issues, it's been 3 or so weeks.
How do we go about getting this refund lol
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15100 upvotes
LOL @ things like "Superconductivity" and the "dual chips" bit. Not sure if these would actually have an ICs for any reason but you certainly don't need any IC in the cable for QC compatibility. This isn't Crapple...ICs for charging exist in power supplies ("chargers") and devices, not cables. (A cable with an A end and a C end should have a pullup resistor but that's not the same thing and these are C-C cables anyway.) Actually the C-C ones advertise only one "E-marker chip" whatever the heck that is so the second "chip" in the A-C cables are probably just the resistor.

They're also USB 2.0 cables, so all that fluff they got in there is just that--fluff. Personally I don't buy cables with a C end that aren't 3.0 cables, but that's just me.
Member
Mar 26, 2013
242 posts
178 upvotes
Twin Peaks
pooper wrote: The first rule of Amazon reviews is to never trust Amazon reviews.
cute, but untrue, most are probably useless but that's the same with all things. People can't communicate, they project their own assumptions, they use broken logic based on other false assumptions and group think nonsense.

but if you look through the reviews, you can very often find a sledge-hammer class review containing secrets and hard real world facts that can elevate your level of discernment in that product class.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
5575 posts
5276 upvotes
No Bum Deals
HuoShing wrote: cute, but untrue, most are probably useless but that's the same with all things. People can't communicate, they project their own assumptions, they use broken logic based on other false assumptions and group think nonsense.

but if you look through the reviews, you can very often find a sledge-hammer class review containing secrets and hard real world facts that can elevate your level of discernment in that product class.
Sure, but the majority just look at the score, too trusting of them.
Exhibit A: The OP.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2015
712 posts
663 upvotes
Vanier, ON
How does it compare to IKEA ones ?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1063 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
pooper wrote: To be 'paid' for a review is still in dodge land IMO. You're going to be writing it knowing they are now free which will increase your happiness.
Usually with cables like these, they only last a short while before exhibiting issues, so your instant out of the box review does not reflect longevity. Most folks don't update reviews either.
Not doubting anything you're saying lol only giving my initial impression, and they seem fine. Amazon is my go-to for everything, if this craps out on me in a few months, I will update my review. I've already gotten my refund, so I don't have any incentive to lie.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1625 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I've bought their cables before. Very high quality and have never failed.

Gonna pick these up. They'll be perfect for the kids' laptops with that right angle.

Top