Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

2 packs of 6.6 ft 100w usb C to C cable, $12.99 (after $3 off coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2021 11:03 pm
36 replies
Mar 21, 2013
309 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Apparently they are offering refunds in exchange for an "honest" review. If the first 4 star review is to be believed.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4261 posts
3746 upvotes
No Bum Deals
knoxyouout wrote: Apparently they are offering refunds in exchange for an "honest" review. If the first 4 star review is to be believed.
The first rule of Amazon reviews is to never trust Amazon reviews.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21468 posts
25883 upvotes
Score is inflated, but this is in the 4.x / 5.0 territory. Good enough.

Not sure about the 90 degree kink, I realize it's suppose to be easier to connect. Not convinced.

Otherwise, a decent purchase.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1045 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have these, bought as I was refunded for am honest review. They actually told us to review for 3 days minimum and provide a legitimate review. So far no issues, it's been 3 or so weeks.
Aug 22, 2012
422 posts
394 upvotes
I have a different set of usb c cables from this company/brand and they are legit for super fast charging, bought these too for the angle. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4756 posts
2197 upvotes
GTA
knoxyouout wrote: Apparently they are offering refunds in exchange for an "honest" review. If the first 4 star review is to be believed.
Nice... free cables lol
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4261 posts
3746 upvotes
No Bum Deals
l2iceman wrote: I have these, bought as I was refunded for am honest review. They actually told us to review for 3 days minimum and provide a legitimate review. So far no issues, it's been 3 or so weeks.
To be 'paid' for a review is still in dodge land IMO. You're going to be writing it knowing they are now free which will increase your happiness.
Usually with cables like these, they only last a short while before exhibiting issues, so your instant out of the box review does not reflect longevity. Most folks don't update reviews either.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Sep 16, 2011
383 posts
360 upvotes
Lethbridge
Hmm. That said, I do have quite a few of their cables. They are honestly pretty good. I have not been paid in any way for a review.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4261 posts
3746 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Last edited by pooper on Jul 18th, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3484 posts
801 upvotes
Toronto
l2iceman wrote: I have these, bought as I was refunded for am honest review. They actually told us to review for 3 days minimum and provide a legitimate review. So far no issues, it's been 3 or so weeks.
How do we go about getting this refund lol
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
29924 posts
10640 upvotes
LOL @ things like "Superconductivity" and the "dual chips" bit. Not sure if these would actually have an ICs for any reason but you certainly don't need any IC in the cable for QC compatibility. This isn't Crapple...ICs for charging exist in power supplies ("chargers") and devices, not cables. (A cable with an A end and a C end should have a pullup resistor but that's not the same thing and these are C-C cables anyway.) Actually the C-C ones advertise only one "E-marker chip" whatever the heck that is so the second "chip" in the A-C cables are probably just the resistor.

They're also USB 2.0 cables, so all that fluff they got in there is just that--fluff. Personally I don't buy cables with a C end that aren't 3.0 cables, but that's just me.
Mar 26, 2013
229 posts
172 upvotes
Twin Peaks
pooper wrote: The first rule of Amazon reviews is to never trust Amazon reviews.
cute, but untrue, most are probably useless but that's the same with all things. People can't communicate, they project their own assumptions, they use broken logic based on other false assumptions and group think nonsense.

but if you look through the reviews, you can very often find a sledge-hammer class review containing secrets and hard real world facts that can elevate your level of discernment in that product class.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4261 posts
3746 upvotes
No Bum Deals
HuoShing wrote: cute, but untrue, most are probably useless but that's the same with all things. People can't communicate, they project their own assumptions, they use broken logic based on other false assumptions and group think nonsense.

but if you look through the reviews, you can very often find a sledge-hammer class review containing secrets and hard real world facts that can elevate your level of discernment in that product class.
Sure, but the majority just look at the score, too trusting of them.
Exhibit A: The OP.
Oct 7, 2015
624 posts
541 upvotes
Vanier, ON
How does it compare to IKEA ones ?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1045 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
pooper wrote: To be 'paid' for a review is still in dodge land IMO. You're going to be writing it knowing they are now free which will increase your happiness.
Usually with cables like these, they only last a short while before exhibiting issues, so your instant out of the box review does not reflect longevity. Most folks don't update reviews either.
Not doubting anything you're saying lol only giving my initial impression, and they seem fine. Amazon is my go-to for everything, if this craps out on me in a few months, I will update my review. I've already gotten my refund, so I don't have any incentive to lie.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1513 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I've bought their cables before. Very high quality and have never failed.

Gonna pick these up. They'll be perfect for the kids' laptops with that right angle.