Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] 20800mah Power Bank $24.49

  • Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 8:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5242 posts
2103 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Do anker or aukey or any powerbank makers use tesla batteries tho? Also, tesla batteries aren't all that expensive, no?
Tesla is using Panasonic battery.
They do not make consumer power banks, it was just reference to quality :)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5237 posts
1463 upvotes
Toronto
lifeisfuneh wrote: Tesla is using Panasonic battery.
They do not make consumer power banks, it was just reference to quality :)
What i mean is, those tesla batteries are used in various other things aren't they? So do any powerbank manufacturers use them?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5237 posts
1463 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like 20800 is only avail in rose gold
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5242 posts
2103 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: What i mean is, those tesla batteries are used in various other things aren't they? So do any powerbank manufacturers use them?
Once again, all Tesla batteries are assembled using Panasonic cells
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2076 posts
1363 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fightbriz wrote: What i mean is, those tesla batteries are used in various other things aren't they? So do any powerbank manufacturers use them?
Also you're comparing two different technologies. Tesla batteries have a much higher voltage and wattage output than these power banks or any phone/consumer electronic battery. Heck, my electric bike battery is a 48V 14Ah (672Wh) with Lithium NCA 18650 Samsung 35E cell. These are not meant for powering phones, and it's as much about high throughput than actual capacity.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5242 posts
2103 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: Also you're comparing two different technologies. Tesla batteries have a much higher voltage and wattage output than these power banks or any phone/consumer electronic battery. Heck, my electric bike battery is a 48V 14Ah (672Wh) with Lithium NCA 18650 Samsung 35E cell. These are not meant for powering phones, and it's as much about high throughput than actual capacity.
Tesla battery is assembled using thousands of single 3.6V 2170 cells similar to laptop battery.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2076 posts
1363 upvotes
Montreal, QC
lifeisfuneh wrote: Tesla battery is assembled using thousands of single 3.6V cells same as laptop battery.
I'm talking about the actual battery, the internals is another matter. I think Tesla batteries are about 375 volts, but things might have changed.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
54017 posts
18965 upvotes
This is likely better than Anker, Aukey, Ravpower or even Shamesung.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5242 posts
2103 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: I'm talking about the actual battery, the internals is another matter. I think Tesla batteries are about 375 volts, but things might have changed.
No, you said is technology, it's not, just different amount of cells.
Newbie
Apr 18, 2019
1 posts
The new ‘2170’ battery cell format developed by Tesla and Panasonic. Tesla has developed a new battery cell on their own that is more efficient and cheaper than the current 2170 cell, which is set to be used in production this year

Top