[Amazon.ca] 20800mah Power Bank $24.49

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 8:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5233 posts
1462 upvotes
Toronto
killoverme wrote: I tested the capacity. I used a usb capacity tester and had a 1A unit to draw power. I fully charged it up and then discharged it using the device. Did it twice. Did not use any phones in this test. 20800 model
Oh cool. So it is as advertised capacity-wise? Thanks for testing. How about the Power Delivery aspect of it? I'm still skeptical that such a cheap unit has PD and usbC.

Also, manual says PD is only supported when using usbC on the powerbank to usbC on the Switch or Macbook or whatever. Is there a reason PD can't go from one of the usbA ports on the powerbank to the usbC on the Switch/Macbook?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5439 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: Oh cool. So it is as advertised capacity-wise? Thanks for testing. How about the Power Delivery aspect of it? I'm still skeptical that such a cheap unit has PD and usbC.

Also, manual says PD is only supported when using usbC on the powerbank to usbC on the Switch or Macbook or whatever. Is there a reason PD can't go from one of the usbA ports on the powerbank to the usbC on the Switch/Macbook?
sadly I don't have any devices that use PD... I did charge it using QC though and that worked well. exactly as specs said (9V). I don't know much about PD, but possibly power delivery needs USB-C various pins to activate and transfer power. USB-A only has 4 pins.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5233 posts
1462 upvotes
Toronto
killoverme wrote: sadly I don't have any devices that use PD... I did charge it using QC though and that worked well. exactly as specs said (9V). I don't know much about PD, but possibly power delivery needs USB-C various pins to activate and transfer power. USB-A only has 4 pins.

Thanks! I was wondering if you could answer my previously posted question:
fightbriz wrote: When you quickcharge this bank, or quickcharge a device using it, the first light turns green... Does yours turn a very light green, or a deep green? Because mine turns a very light green, quite a light green that sometimes i even have trouble distinguishing it from the white lights that i have to look at it again to make sure it's green.

The weird part is, sometimes a few seconds right after plugging it in, that first led will actually blink a very deep green (unmistakable as green) with all other leds off for a second, and then return to that very light green first led and other leds are white. So it's not like it isn't capable of displaying a deep green, it just doesn't for some reason...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5439 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: Thanks! I was wondering if you could answer my previously posted question:
Yes it is the same as you described.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5233 posts
1462 upvotes
Toronto
killoverme wrote: Yes it is the same as you described.
Thanks! Weird, why not show the more intense green? It's clearly capable of doing so, as I've seen it a couple times (but not sure for what).... I don't even think the intense green is reserved to indicate something else (like fully charged or something)
Nov 15, 2006
160 posts
55 upvotes
Am I doing something wrong when charging the powerbank?

I use my Apple 29w usb-c wall charger and the USB-C cable from this powerbank to the Apple wall charger but I only get the first light flashing for a bit then it stops. I also tried with a micro usb cable and it does the same

Seems I can’t charge the powerbank. Can someone chime in? Did I get a dud?