[OP]
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
188 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] $217 UMIDIGI X phone

UMIDIGI X phone - $217 lighting deal

https://www.amazon.ca/UMIDIGI-Screen-Fi ... umi&sr=8-5
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2233 posts
2653 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Spend a few more sheckles and get a Motorola instead. Umidigi are good at first but the lag/freeze like crazy soon after.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
188 upvotes
remik wrote: Spend a few more sheckles and get a Motorola instead. Umidigi are good at first but the lag/freeze like crazy soon after.
I am on A5pro , no freezing or any problems
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
Feb 25, 2020
3 posts
6 upvotes
Not bad with Amazon's return policy.

Key feature of this phone is the AMOLED display at this price range, albeit just a 720p screen.

Comes with Helio P60 which should theoretically have similar performance to the Snapdragon 660/665, which are budget mid tier chips.

If you're looking for an AMOLED display at this price range, my personal suggestion is to import the Xiaomi Mi A3 (CC9e in China) from AliExpress for about $230~.
Dec 11, 2013
71 posts
56 upvotes
Quebec, QC
I have an S3 Pro and It's a very good phone. The camera is not very good in the dark and only average in the other places but no lag and very good battery. For less than 300 that's a good phone. I have it for like 6 months now and I have paid near 310 on prime day and Im happy with this phone. I dont know the difference between S3 Pro and S3 Pro Exchange X
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1252 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
My F1 Play is still going strong, nothing to complain about at this price point.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3222 posts
1254 upvotes
My F1 Play is fine although I've installed a GSI to keep up with security updates. Running Lineage 17 with no problems other than Android Auto but working but that has nothing to do with Umidigi. If you're a tinkerer and you don't care about cameras on a phone, you're getting specs that other suckers spend $500+ for.
Feb 1, 2012
67 posts
28 upvotes
BROSSARD
I have one buyed in november and its a very good phone... it have amazing full network band and it work in my basement where any iPhone do not . its a very faster phone with faster screen finger print with full frequency / bands network compatibility (see specs on kimovil.com)
Last edited by mikele59 on Feb 27th, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 24, 2006
922 posts
411 upvotes
remik wrote: Spend a few more sheckles and get a Motorola instead. Umidigi are good at first but the lag/freeze like crazy soon after.
Total lie.

Though they do tend to not be updated as long
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6676 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
mikebc wrote: My F1 Play is still going strong, nothing to complain about at this price point.
+1

Bought it for about $120 back in August and for a quick, near stock-Android and 2-to-3 day battery life it's hard to beat.
Camera is atrocious though.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1123 posts
520 upvotes
Which model in Motorola?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3120 posts
1639 upvotes
Calgary
Get this only if you absolutely want an ALED display, albeit only @720p. Otherwise wait til the F2 comes into the picture at Amazon. I have the F2 & while it certainly ain't the bee's knees, for about the same $$$ its spectacular IMHO.

Even the cam is pretty good except for low light situations which is pretty common I guess. NO its not up to flagship PQ but its certainly fine for my needs.
Jan 11, 2017
90 posts
47 upvotes
How does this compare to the xiaomi redmi note 8?
Jul 19, 2007
383 posts
71 upvotes
Markham
I have the Umidigi power, it's been a good phone, no freezing and lags. For $190 with a battery of 5150 mAh it's hard to beat.
Jul 3, 2003
111 posts
31 upvotes
bryceton wrote: Total lie.

Though they do tend to not be updated as long
Actually it is not a lie. My A5 pro was great for a few months but is freezing all the time now. It really comes down to quality control
Some people are having no issues and that is great. However many (like myself are). It is a bit of a crap shoot with these cheaper phones.